Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction for Nathaivel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I played for several years starting at retail launch -

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:USA, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

It all started with a copy of Warcraft 2 given to me by an uncle. I quickly got the expansion when it came out, then Warcraft3, and WoW. I had always been fascinated by the lore - some of my favorite parts in WC2&3 had been poring over the booklets of description and backstory, WoW was a total realization of that (once I found a good RP server).

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I'm here for the RP-first approach you guys seem to have, and your dedication to atmosphere. It's really what I enjoyed most about the game, phat lewt be darned.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds, from cozy tavern talking to massive factional PvP, but my favorite has been RP that ties into the PvE content. One of my favorite experiences during WoW vanilla was going through Plaguelands quests with my guild, who IC was an order of holy knights (Warrior, Paladin, Priest only!), attempting to help cleanse the land.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm very fond of human paladins, as mentioned above, since I think there's some amazing backstory and motivation (the Light, Uther, etc etc) to work with. But I'm looking to try out all kinds of things!

What are your expectations of this server?:
A fun community that's here to roleplay above all else.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
'Keyboard Skills' - this is exactly what I want, emotes are great tools and I can't stand seeing txtspk in-game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((Fuzzt - Gnome Mage))
The rain is still pouring down when Fuzzt wakes up. It is the third day of storms in Loch Modan, the third day of mud sucking at his boots, of giant hissing spiders lurking in bushes, and the third day of his miserable attempt to find the watch.

Walking to the edge of the abandoned trogg den (smelly, but dry), Fuzzt pulls his hood over his head and stares out. The land rolls out in hard knots, until stopped by the grey loch. It could have looked like this, he thought, during the second war. Yesterday during a rare spot of sun, he'd found a pair of abandoned ballistae, rotting in a clearing off the road. Fuzzt had thought of spending the night there until he found a vaguely orcish ribcage stuck under the wheel. He stuck his hand - a small flame flickering out over his palm. The wind and rain snuff it out almost instantly.

Fuzzt sighs to himself. There are too many dead ends. It seemed his imagination could make anything look like old gnomish copter parts if he looked hard enough. He tried to remember Uncle Gizroy's story - hadn't he heard it enough times growing up? Fuzzt's father and uncle, two flyboys for the Gnomregan throwing bombs from a de-and-re-commissioned sky-copter as orcs and trolls marched towards Ironforge. It had been a desperate mission, and for all their daring only Gizroy made it back. While the orcs were driven out of Loch Modan, nobody had ever been able to locate the crash site. Gizroy had said Fuzzt's father only had one thing he'd wanted to leave for his son - his gnomish pocket watch, passed down for generations, with a EternaTwist winding mechanism. Fuzzt has imagined himself holding it countless times, or examining in his workshop, teasing broken parts back together with magic.
Suddenly, the wind shifts and sheets of rain begin to pelt Fuzzt. He lets out a groan and retreats further back into the trogg den. No matter how far back he retreats, the cold drops keep stinging him. Without looking, the gnome ducks into a smaller tunnel in the back of the cave. He immediately begins to cough, and the stench drives him back out to the pelting rain. Looking both way, Fuzzt takes in a huge breath and heads into the hole. It is dark, and damp. The rain outside is muffled, but a distant trickle tells of the water underground. He keeps heading through, heading towards a faint, natural light at the end. It could another opening to the cave, somewhere large enough to start a fire perhaps. The hole is so small even Fuzzt has to stoop, and the sensation is strange for him. He walks and walks, the light never seeming to get any closer. Finally, he stops and realizes he has no idea how long he's been walking. The rain seems to have stopped, but Fuzzt can still hear the running water - it seems to have gotten louder. And is that a… ticking sound he hears?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just that I really hope I have a chance to RP with you guys!
Hello! I'm Rensin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Good luck, and PM a GM or a Forum Helper if you need some more help with things, I hope you enjoy your stay!