Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: New to full out RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I am sorry to bother everyone but I have always been interested into going full out RP, I have only done it as casual since I was always a heavy Raider. (Done everything 100%) Now my question is can anyone help guide me into doing RP and everything with it I don't want to be anything big I just want to have fun enjoying myself not slaughtering entire continents. So I do already have all the server info and added myself to this site I will start working on a Character but any help both here and in game will be blessed. Thank you for your help and time for me to start writing.

Ah and sorry to bother you but what i am thinking of now is a Gnome fire mage....I have read every warcraft book out their so I am familiar with the history but gnome names are a cliche to me and making a background I would love some help with. Thank you :)
Hello!

You've got quite some ways before you can start RP here! The steps to joining in for RP can be found here, including the Introductions forum and other appropriate links. Please be sure to read the server rules and policies before you start writing your introduction.

Good luck!
Why thank you for your vote of confidence and yes I have been reading that AND I hope you don't mind I have been reading your approved background stories to too help me understand how it is you guys/gals do this so i may also enjoy the love.
One thing I would watch is spelling, and another is to point out that respect is a big rule here - We don't enjoy hateful slurs very much, and if you're looking for a place to relax away from that, our community is mostly educated enough not to troll you at every step.

Oh, and you don't get ganked when you wander the world. :D
I've introduced many new players to roleplay and it isn't always for them, but if you're serious about trying and learning then I think CotH has a very nice community and there are plenty of people here who'd be willing to give you advice and help out where we can if ever you need us to.

I personally believe the best way to get into roleplay is by just not making yourself feel like everything is something you have to revise, and that you have to roleplay accordingly just to make everyone happy -- everyone starts out somewhere, and you've got to respect that. I don't personally expect everything by the book, I just appreciate realism in the character concept and obviously respecting the restraints to that character, e.g a mage wouldn't be able to polymorph himself into a dragon, for instance. Just don't feel disheartened if you're worried about joining a community such as this one, believe me, I know it can be very daunting lol.

You should definitely start by sending in an introduction as ImagenAshyun said, you don't have to send in some kind of perfect background straight away because it doesn't have to be perfect, in fact, nothing is ever perfect in reality. And there are also people here who'd be willing to sit with you and try to help you iron out any flaws if you're uncertain about them once you're through the introduction bit. Good luck. :)