Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Boubalos' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I love all sorts of games and currently am trying to find another MMO to love as I did normal WoW. I've looked all over but in the end, I still love the lore and world of WoW too much. Other games would be FPS and Action/Adventure types.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA and English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play Warcraft 2 way back in high school, but years later, a friend of me and my wife gave her a copy of WoW. Even though it was hers, I primarily ended up playing it. A lot. Started right at the opening of original Naxx... I remember the small floating plague dispensers outside each main city.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Honestly, I was searching for art and such of tauren elementalists and, specifically "tauren elementalist" with quotes brings up an archived forum post about characters someone wanted to make before cata. Kinda a typical story of surfing the internet and starting at 1 point and ending up somewhere completely different. The idea of a private WoW server with RP aspects seemed quite fun. Since I love WoW, yet am sick of WoW at the same time, I am hoping this draws me back in due to the differences. That and the simplicity of being at Wrath.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have trouble doing RP where I just start it with someone randomly. I like out-in-the-wild random RP or RP where I am part, but not necessarily directing it. Guess I am not a RP leader then. heh

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Despite my main being a night elf hunter and most of my characters being alliance (due to my guild being alliance), I prefer the Tauren and Orcs. Other than them looking cool... 1 word sums up why I love them. Lore. I love the backstory of them both. Despite being most familar with hunter, I am not sure what class I like best. I guess hunter in the end. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope it will allow me Moonguard level RP but preferably without as much creepy ERP as it had at times.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The no politics/religion in chat.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
While I love to RP, I am not really a writer. So, while I cannot think of what to do now, I will give you a very short story I wrote years ago. And yes, I did write this when Disney's Gargoyles was airing. It was kinda, obviously my inspiration.

The man was running down the corridor trying to get away from the monster that was following. He kept running farther down into the marketplace in the castle. "where is everyone?" he thought.
He ran down the Great Hall shouting, "Hello? Is anyone here?" He ran still shouting, wondering if anyone could still hear him at all. He was afraid that the worst happened, that his friends, family, everyone was victims of the horrible creature following him.
In a few minutes dawn would be upon him and he was trapped in the hall with nowhere to run. In the darkness he saw it and as it leaped toward him with talons out and just then the sun rose above the countryside and the rays of light from the sun hit the monster he turned to stone and with a loud crash, he hit the floor and shattered into a thousand pieces. The man walked over to the rubble and said, "a gargoyle!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
So, where can I pick up my complementary epic max-tier armor set, flying mount, and modded legendary Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker? BeerBeat Up
Welcome to the server! Might I direct you to the wiki for all your server information needs. While we do try to keep the server "Blizz-like" it is a good source for our timeline, and other handy things.

While we are at Wrath for the moment I am regretful to inform you that we are making the move to Cataclysm, rather soon, in fact. I hope this does not deter you from the server, but I thought it would be good for you to know. For those of us who have never played Cataclysm before, it's going to be a big jump!

Quote:I hope it will allow me Moonguard level RP but preferably without as much creepy ERP as it had at times.
I have heard tales of Moonguard and from what I understand our server is somewhat above the level of that. We strive for a higher quality of roleplay here. Do not worry though! You'll be very unlikely to find creepy ERP here. :D

Hope you have fun and enjoy your stay!
I have Cataclysm for normal WoW, so it'll be ok. I do not have Pandaria yet, but if you are only now going to Cataclysm, I imagine I will have quite a while before needing Pandaria.
(01-21-2013, 03:25 PM)Boubalos Wrote: [ -> ]I have Cataclysm for normal WoW, so it'll be ok. I do not have Pandaria yet, but if you are only now going to Cataclysm, I imagine I will have quite a while before needing Pandaria.

If you're thinking that you need to buy the expansions in order to play them on this private server, don't worry about it! The private server automatically gives you those expansions, you don't have to pay a penny.