Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of KholMythguard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Greetings and salutations. I'm an experienced roleplayer who has actually done very little roleplaying in my many years. I've been playing tabletop games for 20 years, LARPing for over 16. Unfortunately the LARP I have mainly played can barely be called one. We have a running joke in it that roleplaying was voted out in '97. That said, a close friend recommended I take a look at this site as I'm interested in expanding my roleplaying horizons.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

United States and English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I never actually did. I played WoW for a couple months when it initially came out but have never been a fan of the formulaic nature of MMO games.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was recruited by a close friend who plays on here. She wanted me to try it out as I had been talking about wanting to get into roleplaying more deeply.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm really new to the level of roleplaying on here, so I'm not really sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing what is out there.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Honestly, I barely remember anything about the races and classes. What I do know now is from my friend giving me a crash course. I love playing characters on quests for vengeance and I enjoy back stories involving betrayal.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I can't say I have expectations but I do have hopes. I'm hoping to increase my own roleplaying versatility. I'm hoping that my remedial starting point won't be too obvious. I'm hoping to have a good time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The Humility rule is really a great thing for you to mention. I'm so used to people who always make their characters as bad-ass as possible and expect everyone to acknowledge how great they are. I prefer characters that have some flaws and a history... that have depth and feel real.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Many thoughts of his life passed though his mind in that moment. Brief memories of how he came to this point. He thought of his father, poor and exhausted, using his meager life savings to bribe a knight to take his only son as his page in the hopes that his son's life would be greater than his own. He thought of the years of hard work as he toiled in the service of his knight. Hard work becoming strength. Strength becoming dedication. Dedication becoming faith. He thought of the day he was sworn into the order. His feeling of pride at his accomplishments, hoping that his father would be proud. Finally, he thought of he thought of hearing a noise while out on patrol and discovering the other knights in his squad meeting with their enemy. His rage as he listened to the men he thought of as brothers give sensitive information just to fill their purses.

All of these thoughts flooded his mind... as his fellow knights seized his arms and his commander's sword pierced his heart.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not at the moment but I'm sure I'll think of something as soon as I submit this.
Welcome! It's good to see a veteran RPer coming back into the fold. WoW can be a strange medium to RP in sometimes, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly.

As always, you should familiarize yourself with the wiki, including all the rules, policies and FAQs and all that fun and shiny stuff. Character profiles are also listed there, which you may peruse at your leisure.

Once you make a character, there's a portal that'll take you to the OOC zone, along with capitals and a variety of RP locations. You can always ask anyone you want if they'd like to RP, or you could just find your friend and hook up with them for some RP. Either way, really!

I hope you enjoy your stay!