Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leon's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I've been gaming and roleplaying for at least 8 years now, 5 years in WoW, and have enjoyed the game from Wrath of the Lich King too Cataclysm. I like to think roleplaying is my passion, it has been the single activity that has stuck me to most games for the longest times.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA, English
How did you get into Warcraft?:

A buddy of mine showed me how to play private servers and from there I was addicted to the game. Soon I met other friends that were interested in the game itself and was brought into the retail version easily.
How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Easily I just looked up for "Roleplaying Private servers." Conquest of the Horde was first.
What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds of roleplay, don't really have any limits or judge much, so long as it follows lore.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Warrior has been favorite most recently. I love the power and strength that both the class and race bring to the table.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My Expectations are very high for good quality roleplay

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The history of Azeroth rule where players need an ideal of what is okay in the World of Warcraft universe to roleplay, and what is not.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The crumbling of walls and mortar awoke the figure of a man bound in chains and leather. The man sat in the total darkness of an old dungeon deep within the confines of the castle. He tilted his head as he looked upward to the cracking roof on his cell. The ceiling was caving in, and a grin was on the prisoner's face. His leather bound mask completely covered his grin, but it was there. He stared down to the ground before picking himself off of the ground without the use of his bounded arms. As he stood up, a large chunk of the ceiling broke off and fell onto the prisoners back, but did not stop him. The stone split in two, and allowed for the morning light of the sun to seep through the opening. The walls of the prison flashed blue for a split second before completely disappearing, as if a spell had been broken. At first, there were no shadows within the cell when the light came through. After the flash, a shadow had formed behind the mans heels. He looked up through the holes made in his mask towards the room above him now missing a floor, and then let himself fall backwards towards the ground.

But instead of hitting the ground, he fell right into his very own shadow, and soon disappeared.

As the afternoon drew, and the sun began to come down, shadows on top of the castle began to shift strangely. It would seem as if one of the shadows took the form of a man and looked as if it was, dancing. The man appeared once more, and threw to the air the very jacket that had bounded his arms. He waltzed with himself, humming a rather lively tune. He danced his way from one side of the roof, to a shadow across from where he reappeared.

Once again, he disappeared into the darkness.

"Did you hear about the captain? A damn shame." Two militia men spoke as they patrolled the streets near the inn. Both held rifles, and the usual militia uniforms. The other soldier sighs with a nod. "Aye it is, but The Wolf is back! And we have that Monk, that strange girl that sucked the power out of Thanatos. We can't lose!" He looked excited, but the other soldier had stopped a long time ago feeling odd. His partner looked back at him and raised an eyebrow. "You okay?"

He looked around holding his rifle up. "I don't know, something doesn't feel right here..."

The second militia soldier shook his head sighing. "You're paranoid. Non of these castle dwellers are going to attack us while the truce is up."

The soldier calmed down a bit, and sighs in relief. "Yeah I guess your ri-- Look out!"

Out from the very shadow of soldier's partner came out the prisoner. He grabbed for the partners head and, without so much as a warning, snapped his head backwards so as he would stare at the masked man before falling down dead. The prisoner tilted his head as he watched the dead soldier on the ground, and didn't even acknowledge the second man.

The soldier pointed his rifle quickly at the man and fired off two shots without warning. The prisoner's eyes shot up to look at the projectiles and with a flick of his wrist, his shadow formed a wall between the bullets and the prisoner. The soldier stared at the wall with wide eyes before firing a barrage of shots from his rifle. Cracks began to form on the wall of pure darkness and after the third shot, shattered like glass.

But the prisoner was gone.

The soldier panted and looked around in fear, keeping his rifle up and ready to fire at anything that moved. "Where are you. Where the f**k are you...." he said to himself, unknown to him that the prisoner stood behind him staring at him. Once he turned around and was about to slam his rifle into the shadow mender, he was stopped short by his grip. The soldier looked to be in pain as the man gripped his wrist, but the man just stared straight at the soldier. Soon he could not bare the pain any more, and dropped down to his knees and dropped his rifle.

"P-please, oh God please, don't kill me. " The soldier spat out in pain. The man looked down at him with wide curios, yet cold eyes. His grip tightened and the man yelped out in pain. "Please I beg you! H-have mercy!" he yelled out once more, at hopes he would listen or that someone would hear. The prisoner tilted his head to the side once again, and lifted the man up by his arm. He shook with pain but could not get free and was then thrown towards a wall by the prisoner. A shadow opened up a gate for him before he impacted the wall.

He saw a split second of darkness before seeing wide blue skies. He remained air born for another split second, before he began to plumit down to the ground. The man had taken him to the very top of castle, and with the same momentum, flew off the ledge and towards the ground. The soldier screamed out in terror, his screams echoing out through the whole town, and before he hit the ground he stopped with his feet just barely touching the ground.

The shadows shifted themselves and wrapped themselves around the soldiers throat. Now he hung from the castle's walls. The ropes disappeared, and the body dropped before the man leaving the castle.

The prisoner had disappeared once again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not at all, hope I get accepted and thank you for reading
PM'd, awaiting a Response!

Hello! I'm Rensin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Good luck, and PM a GM or a Forum Helper if you need some more help with things, I hope you enjoy your stay!