Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction: thatfancychap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a returning WoW player. Played for about 3 years, and quit shortly after Cataclysm. Towards the end of my retail play, I became really invested in Roleplay, but was never involved in any guilds, or large events. I did roleplay on my own with people I'd randomly meet. Essentially, I can be considered a casual roleplayer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Ireland, primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
About 5 years ago in secondary school, some friends and I decided to give WoW a go, and really enjoyed it.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found this server through Google, while looking for RP central WoW servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Casual kinds of roleplay. Bystander to an event, bartender for a night, or a merchant just finishing a journey to a city.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
From a roleplay aspect, my favourite class would be a Warrior, simply for the large range of armour and items they can equip. My favourite race would probably be a Dwarf because of how much I enjoy the atmosphere of Ironforge and Dun Morogh.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting a welcoming, but strict kind of roleplay. Basically, the kind of server I can log into and get to know people without having to worry about some level 1's running around naked in front of me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the rule that states that roleplay is encouraged to be logical, and doesn't accommodate 'Beings of Immense Power' that are part dragon, part orc, part human, part elf.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The door to the tavern swung open with such abrupt force that Garis almost dropped the pint glass he had been polishing to a crystal sheen. The short man at the door had broad shoulders covered by a cloak soaked from the rain that was barely an afterthought in the seaside town. The man threw his hood back, revealing a bald head and a hard face with a scar running about an inch straight down his face.
Garis' brow immediately furrowed, and his shoulders heaved as he let out a sigh. 'Daniel, if you keep slamming that door it'll come off the hinges some day and mark me, I will beat you half to death with it.'
The short man shuffled over to the bar, not keeping his balance particularly well. 'I'd break it off right now, just to see you try and lift it!' He threw his head back as he let out a powerful laugh that shook the windows of the empty tavern. 'Have you got any of that whiskey left over? From those lads from the north?'
'About two bottles worth, never you fear. How's Macey?'
Daniel took out his coin purse from his right pocket, placing 2 silver coins on the counter. 'Still in a huff. She can barely look at me. You know how she is, always expectin' the worst.'
Garis placed a small glass on the bar and filled it with the contents of a glass bottle emitting a powerful stench. No one could ever argue with the brewing skills of the highlanders. He shook his head as he looked at Daniel. 'Can you blame her? The Neill family only moved away last week, but already there's talk of the Creg family leavin' as well. If things keep up, I might have to move on myself.'
Garis' thick hands clutched the glass tightly as he licked his lips and knocked his drink back. Shaking his head and letting out a satisfied gasp, he met eyes with the fat barkeeper. 'Don't you say that! With you gone, how am I supposed to put up with Macey?'
The smile that crept on Garis' face was followed by a shake of his head. 'Never you fear Dan, never you fear. You keep drinking here, and I'll stay in business for years to come.' He reached for a clean glass, and filled it with the same whiskey, and topped off Daniels' glass as well. The two locked eyes and clinked their glasses. 'To prosperity through misery!'
'Cheers!' said Daniel, taking another mouthful of the firewater.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm a student so my biggest issue with playing is finding time to play. I'm hoping that the server can accommodate this and that I won't be left behind simply because I can't log on every day.
Hi thatfancychap!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CotH! We don't get too many dwarf fans around here, generally, so expect a post from the select fanatical few we have here pretty soon. And, don't worry; no one expects you to log on every day!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Always good to know what you're signing up for. There are also a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case there's that one little lore piece that keeps bugging you, or you're not quite sure about X race's history. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you need the hand.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of the OOC chatter between players occurs! Also, if you ever have a question about anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

As for people running around naked in front of you...it's more likely than you think, heh. There's a bug on the server where the custom items (which you can spawn yourself!) don't load properly, initially. You can buy goggles in the OOC area that'll remove the problem. Just ask anyone who's on to point you in the right direction!

Enjoy your stay!
Welcome to Coth!