Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Don't really know what there is to say.. I haven't really played video games for a really long time, then I started playing every now and then and now I play a little more again than I used to. I am a software developer, trying to work my way to a job at the moment. I think that everybody should be treated with respect and that it'd be best for all if we all contribute to a good, fun and successful roleplaying environment.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the Netherlands, my primary language is English and my mother tongue is Dutch albeit I favour English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Started with Warcraft 3, then got into WoW and so forth, now I've read the books and much of the lore.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I remembered it from long ago and heard some people speak of it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All sorts of RP, mostly with commoners and simple folk, or at least realistic characters and preferably the ones that aren't too high up or over the top or fancy. With mostly just regular joes within the Warcraft universe, but of course all with their own individual little twists and tweaks and backstories and professions (if they even have one ;P).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans, I suppose, because they're so versatile and a generic mediocre race that has nothing too fancy about them. Orcs are also liked and I have no serious problems with the other races. Classes could literally be anything, usually I like it as long as it's not too over the top or too (ridiculously) powerful.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, we'll see, hopefully some good quality RP and not too much drama being swung around and hopefully also not too much OOC BS'ing!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, can't be here shouting and screaming at each other like a bunch of little kids, it'd take the fun away for everybody. Let's all threat each other in an adult manner.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

-PROLOGUE-

The Audience Chamber…

Heavy dark silence presided over the large hall of an elaborate mountaintop mansion. Only a few dim butter lamps, flickering in their bronze cups, mindfully disturbed the black air with their fragrant odor. On an elevated lacquered platform sat a figure with subtle, yet imposing presence, wearing ceremonial brocade robes in white, black and dark-red. The figure was watching the space in front. An angry powerful snowstorm’s raging calls could barely get through the solid wooden walls. Out in the corridor leading to the main entrance something stirred and a steady voice requested permission to enter.
‘Come on in.*’ – Uttered the figure almost without moving his lips. The air shifted at the opening of a sliding screen door, the flames of the butter lamps flickered once again electrically - a fearful, mysterious, crackling sound, which slowly sunk into the darkness… Someone had entered.
‘The Migration of the Fiery Ones will soon begin… I want you to make sure for me that everything will be in place for the successful apprehension of the great drum… A more… subtle approach is required here and I judged you would be the person for the task… Besides, I have no desire to be lied to by mindless scaredy-cat servants, fearing for their own existences…’
‘What would that honor be, Oh Great Shaman?’- The one at the far end of the great hall bowed again in waiting for further orders. It sounded like the guile voice of an intelligent young woman.
‘There is a certain… obstacle I want removed.'

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nah, I'm good, but thank you for the option.
Howdy, Rexhunter, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you back to Conquest of the Horde! It's been awhile ;P.

I suggest taking another look at the rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as some policies and what's-allowed may have changed since you were here last.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication; /join barrens is for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome back, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Hurray, and thank you for your previous assistance once more!
I am no longer at the limit of PM's allowed, my inbox is now only 55% full, fortunately ;]
Ah, see, I knew it would all work out. :)