Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi, I am Wildleaf. I like roleplaying, which I've done for roughly nine years, and I like strategy games, which I've played always, starting with West Front back in early 1999.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

The United States of America.

English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I originally got into WarCraft playing Tides of Darkness in the latter half of 1999 or so, playing it on my dad's PC. After that, I dabbled in WarCraft 3 until about early 2005, when I started playing WoW.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I've heard a good bit about CotH just by playing on other servers, but I never looked into it until one of my old buddies started getting into it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm keen for anything provided it interests me and I have a suitable character to participate with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I like Humans, and the Alliance (of Lordaeron). Their lore and iconic figures have always clicked with me.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A large community with plenty of roleplay, be it passive or more intense.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

While the rules are good, none of them exactly appeal to me. However, I do like the policies about character death and IC guard protocol.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Bringing their coursers to a stop, the grand retinue assembled about their liege, awaiting his command to resume their hunt. As their noble duke prepared to signal them onward, a man burst forth from the treeline. Waving his hands in the air, the man began shouting obscenities and other phrases, ending with "I am not an elk!" In response, the retinue's host drew back his bow, and fired an arrow through the man's heart, killing him instantly. Riding over to his liege, one of the courtiers began to speak. "My Lord, why did you shoot him? He said he was not an elk." Turning to face his companion, the duke stared at him bewildered for a moment, before speaking himself. "Oh dear. I thought he said he was an elk."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really.
Hello there, Wildleaf!

Here's a few helpful links, if there's anything you might've missed or anything you're curious about!

When you get on the server, you're recommended to /join Barrens and /join Chat. The Chat is more for serious discussion and questions about the server/Lore, while the Barrens... Well, do you know where Mankrik's wife is?

Joining those two channels gets you in touch with the rest of the server, and there's always people around to give some directions. If you have more specific questions about the server, like detailed information about the rules or help getting around the forums, you can PM or whisper our Staff; That's the Forum Helpers and Game Masters. On occasion, the GMs host “Open Offices” where players may bring their concerns and questions to the Staff’s attention.

I'm not an elk! Honest! :P

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Wild. I love you.
Wildleaf, we are the bestest buddies. <3