Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of Arvin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Arvin. I love to roleplay, especially in kingdoms as a knight, guard, king, etc. I have roleplayed on other private servers such as echolonde, chronicles of Azeroth, and have even roleplayed on COH before. I was also once part of the kingdom of therodean. I look forward to roleplaying on COH again if I am fortunate enough.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Canada and reside there. My primary language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play retail because my friend introduced me to it. After a while, I felt the need to roleplay without immatures disturbing and ruining the experience.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I searched up roleplaying servers on google and found several, all but one still exists which is COH.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As I mentioned earlier, I prefer kingdom roleplaying.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would probably go with a human/Paladin or Warrior. They are the most natural race and do not really have hatred with any race unless it is the characters choice. Warrior or paladin because I feel like they are the best in combat and defending.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To experience kingdom roleplaying at a mature level. No disruptions or cheating.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Landrin was born in Andorhal within the old Kingdom of Lordaeron. His father, Toutius, worked as a farmer in the crops field along with plenty of other residents in the settlement. His mother, Alessia, stayed home like most of the mothers in Andorhal to take care of her son. By the time the war between the Horde and the Alliance began Toutius, Landrin's father, along with other residents of the area were obligated to be recruited within the alliance army and be sent out to battle against the Horde. By the time the war was finished Landrin's mother was told that her husband died in honor within the battlefield.

Landrin's mother was closely attached to Toutius and couldn't imagine a life without him. Despite the victory against the Horde, her heart was still broken. She ended up coldly telling Landrin to leave the household and to find life elsewhere and that he never wanted to see him again. Landrin naive and confused left the house only to hear the sound of wood crashing on the planks of the house. He quickly barged in only to see a wooden stool rolling side by side on the floor and a woman, who was once his mother, hanging on a rope attached to the ceiling.

Landrin confused and frightened at the sight of his dead mother ran off towards the Forests of Lordaeron only to be intercepted by three highwaymen. One of the highwaymen pulled out a blade and asked for Landrin's money, the other highwaymen to his left told him that it was just a child and that they should take him away for a ransom from his family instead. The one on the right shook his head and went up to Landrin and asked him why he was wondering around in the forests alone. Landrin in tears said that both of his parents were killed and he was only an orphan now. The highwayman smiled and asked his companions if they should recruit and teach him how to be one of them. The two agreed with him and led Landrin to a camp of theirs deep in the forest.

Throughout several years the highwaymen showed Landrin how to use a blade, how to survive out in the wilds and most importantly how to be deceptive. One of the three highwaymen, Jagar, ended up getting executed after being caught murdering a farmer in Stratholme. By the time Landrin became 28 years old, the two remaining highwaymen, Menag and Benedict, wanted to increase their numbers and create their own group of thugs. Landrin volunteered to help both of them out in recruiting new members.

A few months before the Scourge came Menag wanted to start trying to take the belongings of guardsmen instead. Benedict had an idea that he should disguise himself as a villager of Stratholme and beg for help from the guardsmen only to strike when they're not looking. Landrin said that robbing guardsmen or infantry would be too risky since they'd easily get overwhelmed by their superior training. The two men told Landrin that he should shut his mouth and leave if he didn't want to do it. Landrin took their advice and left into the wild and the two laughed as he did and started calling him a coward.

Landrin, nowhere to go, went back to the settlement of Andorhal. Landrin walked into the nearby tavern asking for a room and if there were any job offers. The bartender leaned towards him and told him to ask again when the bar was empty. After a several hours the bar finally quieted down and the people started to leave, drunk or sober, Landrin finally sat back down on the stool and asked the bartender if he had any job offers. The bartender nodded saying he's in need of a man with steel to protect a caravan his brother was transferring to Stormwind.

Landrin agreed to do the job as long as he would get payed when the deed is done. Landrin met the bartender's brother and stated that he was a mercenary prepared to defend his caravan with his blade. The man stated that he was a merchant transferring his goods and that the guards were too busy dealing with a fiasco going on within the region and they weren't capable of helping out.

The job turned out being easier than your average robbery or "fine collecting" Landrin and his former companions used to do. By the time he was in Stormwind he decided to stay there for the time being. He heard that the Undead or the "Scourge" as some folks said had taken over Lordaeron. Landrin was filled with relief as he could have ended up being one of the casualties back up North and possibly a minion of the Scourge. Landrin ended up staying in Stormwind doing a few mercenary work throughout the years.

Now Landrin plans on leaving Stormwind and moving down south to Darkshire in Duskwood as he hears that finding mercenary work back there to be a bit more demanding than in Stormwind and a few less nosy guards too.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No thank you.
Hello there, Arvin!

Here's a few helpful links, if there's anything you might've missed or anything you're curious about!

When you get on the server, you're recommended to /join Barrens and /join Chat. The Chat is more for serious discussion and questions about the server/Lore, while the Barrens... Well, do you know where Mankrik's wife is?

Joining those two channels gets you in touch with the rest of the server, and there's always people around to give some directions. If you have more specific questions about the server, like detailed information about the rules or help getting around the forums, you can PM or whisper our Staff; That's the Forum Helpers and Game Masters. On occasion, the GMs host “Open Offices” where players may bring their concerns and questions to the Staff’s attention.

I wonder, did your old servers require profiles? Looks like you'll get into it easily. :)

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!