Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction for Cfhudo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing MMOs since WoW came out. (Yes i was one of those nooby little kids who chose one item over another simply because there where bigger numbers in the stat details)
MMOs I have played include Wow, Guild Wars, Aion and Warhammer Online (fantastic game, while it lasted).
I have been RPing for two years, on and off as i went from craving WoW lore enough to put up with the crap RP, that i began to experience more and more commonly on Retail servers. - To deciding it was a waste of time to interact with such terrible characters and take part in such ridiculous storylines.
- Despite being what would certainly be thought of as a 'young' roleplayer i like to think i can interact with older roleplayers seamlessly, without any noticable difference in RP quality or quantity. (Thats what i like to think)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from a land down under (Australia) and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As a young boy i played warcraft one on one of my brothers old computers and loved it. A few years later i played WC3, when i was at an age that i actually understood lore and dialogue, and fell in love with the universe. One of my brothers introduced me t WoW when it first came out and however many years later, now here i am.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google, of course, i had been looking for a good RP/Vannilla server and stumbled accross this 'looks-to-be' gem. I am most impressed by the thorough organisation of the server and its longevity (something i prize highly)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds! For a while i was doing martial arts IRL and was into fighting, and after that i found myself happy with anything at all. =)

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
I love them all. Though i have a certain itching for a Dwarven Warrior, grim and drunk, weilding a plain hammer of solid iron At the moment. And that is because i simply love dwarves, especially blizzards rendition of dwarves, which in my opinion hits them right on the head. But the reason i love dwarves is long and time-consuming to type.
Suffice to say, their lore is fantastic. As are their beards.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Consistent atleast mid quality roleplay - for the server to not die out in quantity and quality of roleplayers like retail WoW servers did.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Strictly no god-moding, dragons or flaming.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A man wass walking down a road.

No one knew his name.

Wind hits the mans face.
A surprise indeed, for wind was new here, and the man did not know what it was.

The man stopped. And spoke a name for the wind.
He called it 'Aeth'. The man walked on, along a road of dirt.
Dirt he had named 'Beyar'.

The man arrived at his destination - three great granite boulders (Though he did not call them so) arranged in an arch (though he did not know that's what it was called).

Through the arch the man could see black, an endless expanse with the occasional silver twinkle. He thought, and called this expanse Aether, for it was like the invisible force that had rustled his long black hair that rested neatly on his back without ever being brushed. Except he could feel the Aether blowing not on his skin, but on his heart.

He stretched his arms wide, to better feel the breeze.
For a moment he could feel nothing but a cold sensation that brought pleasure to his mind... like rubbing a barefoot accross smooth iron.

It was then he spoke. "Aether, Bevar del Aeth."
He did not know what this meant, but he felt it was like a friendly greeting, to the only things in this world whose names he knew.

And as he spoke a great cloud gathered above the man: Dirt picked from the ground and spun within a sphere of wind. The cloud crashed over the man in a shower of little stings and cuts.

The man collapsed his arms and walked away. The portal behind him (for indeed that what the stones were) filled with a green mist only describable as two dimensional.

And so Medivh and Gul'dan - For the man was both - created the Dark Portal.

- ((OOC)) - This story just came to me on the spot so unfortunately i could not think up any dialogue that would make this story relevant to Roleplay, but oh well, it was fun to write anyway.
(PS - obviously i make no claims of lore-accuracy about that story)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would just like to say CoTH looks fantastic and Kudos on doing such a fantastic job with it.
Hi cfhudo!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CotH! There are quite a few avid dwarf lovers here, so I'm sure they'll swoop down and eat you be around to say hello pretty soon!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Always good to know what you're signing up for. There are also a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case there's that one little lore piece that keeps bugging you, or you're not quite sure about X race's history. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you need the hand.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of the OOC chatter between players occurs! Also, if you ever have a question about anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

And...don't worry. This server's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Except for when we switch to Cata. Then this one'll be going away.
But you get my point!

Enjoy your stay!