Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An introduction of myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello all~
I'm a young, nearly 21 year old woman who has been gaming since the third grade. I first found my fascination in video games when I picked up a ps1 controller and played spyro the dragon. It wasn't until years later where I met my best friend and she showed me the world of MMORPGS. The first of which, was, incidentally, WoW. From there I had branched off to play various games including PSO episode 1 and 2 along with blue burst, Guild Wars 2, APB, League of Legends, and DayZ. I've also played some lesser mmos such as Eden Eternal, Fiesta and Ether Saga.

When I'm not playing games in my free time I can be found watching streams of games and that's where I stumbled across San Andreas Multi Player. SA:MP is a role playing game for GTA San Andreas. It is, generally, played out in a modern day setting and is your typical cops vs robbers role play. Now I've always loved writing. There's not much more in life that pleases me as much as lying down on my stomach with a pen and notebook in hand, writing out a descriptive setting as an intro to a story into any place at any time. Writing is a limitless, beautiful thing that not many people can understand. Along with this passion for writing, my curiosity was spiked to bite into the fruit of role play. I had to try SA:MP.

In SA:MP I had begun my character there as an average citizen, but built her up to become one of the most powerful leading officials on the server (IC'ly). Leading the detective branch, I had written dozens of impeccable case files on various gangs and specific members to those gangs. Through my work I had played a huge role in capturing certain criminals and putting them away. This was one of many tasks I had preformed but was not limited to just that. My jobs continued on to patrol the city, cycle through the police force for any betrayers, and monitor gang activity (such as the drug or weapon trade).

I had recently left SA:MP for various reasons including, but not limited to, the lack of server rules that allowed for poor RP of other players, the complaining of the criminals against the force, and the admin team's censorship of so many things such as the deletion of important forum posts, and the server admin telling certain people they were forbidden to RP with certain others. After leaving I found myself returning to WoW. This time, however, I did so more relaxed. I found myself reading quests instead of just accepting them and moving on. I became engrossed with finding a random NPC and wondering more about them. I was drawn into learning more on the lore and my appetite to role play is driving a wild hunger in my wants give this a go.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm American and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As explained previously, World of Warcraft was actually the first MMO I've ever played when I was back in middle school.

Ahh man... back in those noob days her and I would solo grind all the way up to then 70 with the burning crusade expansion. We didn't get much further than that, however, as she unfortunately became bored of the game, having played it far longer than I had and we left to play (it's painful to say it) fiesta instead. I had returned solo a few years ago to play a bit of lich king before my mother board had died and that was that... for a bit xD I picked up wow again recently and had been playing it for a few weeks now. I'm capped out, decently geared. I've got my gold, but my want to RP is raging through me and I am so ready for this experience.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looking around for a role playing wow server on google and found this one. Why not play retail wow's role playing server? Well I'm not a huge fan of mists and was trying to find a server that went up to the Lich King at most if possible. I couldn't find many and this was one of two that I did find :( Which was fine either way as I do like the way Conquest of the Horde sounds.

Why I do like this server and decided to give it a go is there is an application process. Along with this I'm looking for some serious RP which you guys appear to be presenting. It looks active and I am curious to about how many people you have around if anyone could answer me this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
This is kind of a broad question and I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. In the past I've only role played in SA:MP so my experience in WoW roleplay is unfortunately null (until soon). With that being said, I like role play that has me engaged. I enjoy setting up my character to meet others and gain reputation. I love the story that unfolds. With lying down and writing on my own, I control everything. The wonders of role playing that the ball is not always in my court. Where I think I have someone in the palm of my hand they grab my wrist and pin me up against a wall. This effects how things turn out, altering my character into different ways that wouldn't have happened if I was to write it out solo. I love this.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the blood elf as it was the first race I played and it just brings me back to the homely feeling of playing one. I've played around with a few classes including a pally, rogue and warlock but my favorite would have to go to the hunter.

What are your expectations of this server?:
First and foremost, role play. I'm hoping for some avid rp'ers that enjoy it as much as I do and am hoping that is true here. My time in SA:MP was a, for the most part, pretty decent experience. But as listed above for my reasons for leaving I'd like to expect this server to not fall below the sub par role play that was presented to me at the time. I would much rather feel the intimidation of excellent role players around me and this is what I'm looking for. I'm hoping for role play that is a bit more involved and difficult than I'm used to. A challenge, if you may.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of the rules seem pretty standard and basic fact to RP'ers. The only one different would be Humility, which I like. I've come from a server where everyone wants to be the top dog so it's pleasing to see this.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Tell me about her, Kain," Marcus slid his hand onto the table and over to the gold coin. Rolling it into the palm of his hand, Marcus lifted his deep, dark gaze into the lighter, soft grey iris of Kain's.

"What has you interest in her?" Kain simply replied with the question before bringing the glass to his lips. Tipping his head back, the liquid fire burnt across his tongue and down his throat. Kain swallowed, giving no show of pleasure to Marcus the hidden fear Kain had felt. A twinge of doubt was put into Kain as the right corner of Marcus' lip rose for a brief second before his expression returned once more to the relaxed nature the brute Marcus had often donned. Curious, Kain had thought, that a man of such ferocity could look so calm. But it was that which had Kain nervously tapping his right heel up and down beneath the table.

"I hear many things of her," Marcus slid the gold coin between his fingers, weaving it between each in a mastered manner, "all of which in a... good way. But bad at the same time. It depends on the man I suppose."

"There lies your answer then, does it?" Kain had asked, lowering the glass to the wooden table before giving a glance over his shoulder. It was easy to forget the business of the others and the low humming chatter they presented within the inn when sitting across the table from such a menacing man as Marcus.

Feeling the dark look upon himself, Kain returned his attention back to Marcus to continue on, "If it depends on the man you're asking, then why would you ask me? I can tell you one thing, but once you meet her she can mean something completely different to you if what you hear holds true."

"If what I hear holds true," Marcus' jaw clenched just as thick fingers wrapped around the gold coin into a tightly knit fist. Kain swallowed, now seeing the brute Marcus was so well known for. Marcus had seemed to double in size as he breathed in, a snarl crossing his wicked lips as he grasped both sides of the table to lean forward, "I ask people questions and they respond to me with answers. Not questions on questions, boy."

Kain quivered in his seat as he sunk back into the rotting wood, shivering slightly in terror, losing the persuade he was to present. As scared as he was of Marcus, he knew failure would result in something far worse than Marcus could ever do to him. Such judgement was brought forth as the faint, black, gloved hand gently bit into the shoulder of Marcus'.

"Ask her yourself. Leave the boy alone," She leaned into Marcus' ear and had whispered before pressing the blade into his back in a single, quick jab.

Marcus the brute silently fell forward onto the table, motionless. Kain had stared at the body in terror, paralized and unable to move as the gloved, black hand reached to grab onto Kain's right shoulder.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I have a few questions to ask:
1) About how many people are active in a given day on the server?
2) Which side has more people? The horde or the Alliance? Or is it more evenly split?
  • Which Race is Dominate in both Factions?

Other then that, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. Thanks for taking a peep :)
Hi Sarin!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CotH! That little blurb you had there made me miss PSO again. I poured way too many hours into that game. Here's to hoping we get PSO2 translated over here soon!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Always good to know what you're signing up for. There are also a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case there's that one little lore piece that keeps bugging you, or you're not quite sure about X race's history. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you need the hand.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of the OOC chatter between players occurs! Also, if you ever have a question about anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

As for your questions, lemme see what I can do. We have a server statistics page I'm drawing from.

1. Generally anywhere from 15-30 players, with the highest being 42 since the last server restart. We've also had 130 unique IPs in the last 24 hours.

2. The factions are pretty even, but the Alliance is just slightly ahead. It's something crazy like 49% to 51% population split. Blood elves and humans are by far the most popular races, unsurprisingly.

Enjoy your stay!