Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rakshy's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My RL name is Konrad, I'm a 21-year-old student of management and production engineering. I've been playing pen&paper RPGs since I was 11 and tried to move with the roleplaying approach to various MMOs. In my free time I like to hang out with friends, play drums and swim.

Geez, that sounds pretty boring, doesn't it? :D

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in Poland, therefore my primary language is Polish. As you can see I speak an understandable English though I'm well aware of how much there's yet to learn. Apart from that I know a bit of Russian and French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend introduced me to Warcraft III even before WoW, didn't like it all that much to be honest. I started playing WoW when I managed to upgrade my PC which was around patch 2.4 AFAIR and fell in love immediately.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Roleplaying! I tried playing on a Blizzard's RP server but there's almost nobody to roleplay with, then I found a polish RP server with like 10 players online maximum so I decided to keep digging and I found you guys.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Socializing with guildmates/members of the same organization I'm in. I'm not all that much into raiding unless it's motivated by the storyline, what gives me most fun is being a part of a group that tries to achieve a common goal.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would definitely be Forsaken considering all the lore of their creation and struggle to find a place in the world. The class I like most will be rogue, had a lot of fun on BGs playing one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find or create a group of people I can RP with. That's probably the most common answer for this question, but well... If you're looking for a roleplaying server you want to do some RP stuff with peopel, had you wanted to do it on your own you wouldn't need a computer, do you?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule of humility partially refers to what I was taught during my studies - for an organization to work properly you need to know your place in it. You must understand that somebody else is the boss and you're supposed to listen to him - that approach should also be present in a guild, especially a roleplaying one. You need to know what the guild wants from you, what you want from other members and understand that you may not be the most important one.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Never before have I seen my hands shine so bright."

The thought disappeared almost as fast as it came to my mind when I decided that it's time to focus on what's ahead. A pile of bodies left behind will be a testimonial of an epic battle between a group of paladins and countless undead, but I knew that the true challenge is still to be faced. A quick thankful prayer healed my wounds, a firm grip on my battle hammer strengthened my faith in the Light.
It's time to charge in

Ethan suddenly woke up.
What the hell... these nightmares of being a warrior of light keep reappearing. I looked at the naked body of a nameless girl sleeping in my bed, reached for the pipe and stood up. Sitting on the windowsill, smoking a pipe and watching the sleeping city's streets I was trying to understand the meaning of my dreams.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope the story makes any sense, it's actually my first one written entirely in English, as opposed to writing one in Polish and then translating it.
See ya!
Hi Rakshy!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CotH! Don't worry, whether you're boring or not doesn't factor into your chances of being accepted. :P

As for liking Forsaken...the Black Harvest will find you soon enough, I'm sure. Watch out!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Always good to know what you're signing up for. There are also a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case there's that one little lore piece that keeps bugging you, or you're not quite sure about X race's history. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you need the hand.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of the OOC chatter between players occurs! Also, if you ever have a question about anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

I do want to take a second to commend you on your English, though. It's very good!

Enjoy your stay!