Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: raven6906 introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started play WoW on live servers back in 2008 a few months before Wrath hit stores. I started out on a PvE server where I learned the basics of the game and the lore behind everything. I became fascinated with the story and was learning as much as I could about every aspect of the game. I transferred to a PvP server where me and my wife played for many years. She, like me, became fascinated with the story and we made the choice to move to a RP PvE server where we stayed for many years and having a lot of fun times. We are currently looking for the same thing in a private server as we miss the game a lot.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA Cali, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Friends showed it to me and I played Runescape for years and wanted something more.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds, I am open to anything and everything as long as people can RP correctly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Sin'Dorei Blood Knight (Blood Elf Paladin). I tried to play many different classes and I was never satisfied with them and eventually chose a Blood Elf paladin out of random. I was instantly hooked on the class and began to DPS, I later learned the joys of tanking and decided to change my main spec to protection. After Cataclysm hit I disliked the changes to Retribution and decided to have my secondary as holy. I loved that from the moment I got geared.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good fun RP. And lots of it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keeping things PG-13.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here is something I wrote yesterday out of boredom, it has nothing to do with WoW and is incomplete but it is a sample of my work.

The night sky was dark, the stars shining brightly but giving no light to the world below. The wind blew through the trees making the leaves fall to the ground. The night air was chilled, and it could be felt even with a jacket on. It was an unnatural cold, the kind that chills you to the bone. There was no sound other than the wind and the trees, all the animals hid, pretending that the events going on in the clearing were not happening. The clearing had no plant life, or any other kind of life. It was just dirt surrounding a stone table that was positioned in the center of the clearing. A man stood in all leather, his hair blowing in the wind the surrounded him. He looked clean shaven, his eyes seemed like they pierced through your very soul, his face was slightly elongated, his chin coming to a point. His leather armor was died a red and black, at his side hung a sword, made of the rarest metals known to the world. His skin was smooth and pale, as if he was made living marble.

On the stone table was a young blonde woman, her arms and legs where bound to the table with thick leather straps that where fastened to the table so they would not come loose. All of her clothes had been removed and she was laying there in a robe that covered her body. Her chest rose and fell with the breaths. Her eyes were closed and her head turned to the left, away from the man standing over her. Her skin was pale but not as pale as the man, her skin looked warm and soft, like it was alive. She stirred in her sleep and began moaning. She came to and attempted to sit up and when she couldnt she screamed a shattering scream that echoed through the forest around them. He hissed at her and forced a leather collar over her mouth so she couldnt scream. He drew his blade from its sheathe on his left side. "The blood of this woman, let it pour from her body, the body to be used as a vessel for my command." With the final words he spoke he plunged the blade into her chest, blood immediately began to flow from the wound, he pushed deeper, buring the sword to its hilt in her. Blood began to pour out of her back and her chest collecting into the space provided under the table. Once all the blood was gone from the body he laid it back down. Her skin was still warm, but it no longer felt alive. He capped the bottle of blood that was collected and swirled it around to make sure it didnt clot. He placed the bottle aside and returned to where he was next to the body. He ran his hand over her body relishing the moment of death. "Corsp esca an latik un mas." He uttered the sacred words and the body immediately began to twitch.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
None.
Hi raven!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CotH! I assume your wife is making an account as well? Which username is hers?

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Always good to know what you're signing up for. There are also a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case there's that one little lore piece that keeps bugging you, or you're not quite sure about X race's history. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you need the hand.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of the OOC chatter between players occurs! Also, if you ever have a question about anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

Enjoy your stay!