Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Morgot's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I just discovered this server on the internet and it seems to be really interesting, here is my presentation. I hope I would be able to join you soon ! :)

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player, what country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
My name is Valérian, I am 20 years old and I come from Belgium. My primary language is french, and I'm studying english and spanish in a university. My english is far from being perfect but I am here to learn. :)
As a player, I quite enjoy all sorts of video games, I started roleplaying at the age of 13 thanks to a Neverwinter Night's server. Since then I've roleplayed in many games such as ultima online, lineage 2, neverwinter night 2, Dark Age of Camelot and obviously World of warcraft.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I bought the game at its releasing many years ago, I played on official servers until the arrival of the burning crusade. Then I went on private servers running with BC and Wotlk, though I've never tried the others expansions.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Actually I just wrote "private roleplay server wow" on google and I clicked on the first server I had on my screen. Afterwards I looked for others and then I compared them. It turned out that this one was the one I prefered. I was looking for an english speaking server because I really want to improve my english, and it seems that watching american TV shows isn't enough to become belingual :D And I have to admit that french roleplay servers are quite empty, what a shame ! It always goes that way, If I can't find something by typing it in french on google, I just try it in english and it always works out !

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really enjoy playing outlaws, bandits and guys like that. Or simply a drunk orc looking for troubles in the tavern. Actually I quite enjoy every kind of roleplay, as long as I'm having a lot of fun doing it. But here, considering my lack of vocabulary, I'll think of a role that would match with it. I don't know.. Maybe a freed slave who isn't use to common language.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the orcs, because I like their background, their zones, their sense of honor, their tough shape, etc. I find them really styled ! And my favorite class is shaman, because it's the one I played the more, it is polyvalent. But in a roleplay vision, it is a good class to act.

What are your expectations of this server?:
At first I hope that I will improve my english a lot. But also reliving the good times I had in the others servers. Just having fun !

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maybe the Keyboard skills one, but of course not all that things about the smileys and stuff during a roleplay but especially that sentance "You are expected to use proper spelling and grammar". My english isn't perfect, and i'll do a lot of spelling and grammar faults, like I've probably already done during my presentation. I hope that you know i'm not doing it on purpose hehe. By the way, feel free to correct me, it would help me a lot :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was late in the night when he finally regained consciousness. He was lying on the ground in a small and dirty alley. His clothes were soaked with beer, vomit and urine. He noticed it quickly thanks to the smell which was emanating from them. His eyes slowly opened but his sight was fuzzy and it took him a while to realise where he was. When he tried to get up, a terrible pain stopped him in his movement. His right hand headed to his flank area, and when he looked at it he saw blood which was flowing from a serious wound. Maybe a knife hit. He didn't know. He was too drunk that night to remember anything. His pockets were empty, devoided from all his goods... 'Not again...' he said in a sigh filled with shame and sadness.

Voilà, as the saying goes ! It isn't very much but I hope it is enough to convice you :)
See you soon !
Welcome to the server! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Don't forget to occasionally check the wiki for your roleplaying needs. The timeline is especially useful for giving you a rundown of the server's lore (which is essentially Blizzard's lore) as well as a breakdown by race.

Also orcs are my favorite race too. Good taste :D

And your English skills are quite fine for someone who is teaching himself. There are some errors in your introduction but I trust you'll learn more about proper grammar and spelling.
Bienvenue au CotH, Morgot! J'espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour avec nous!