Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: GentleCat's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I think I'll begin by talking about how I got into roleplaying. Initially I joined the European RP server Moonglade because I was new to the MMO genre and thought I'd find the most polite and most mature people there. I managed to join a roleplaying guild called Sodality fairly quickly after starting, and they were all very kind to a moron like me who had no clue as to what he was doing. After some time, they asked me if I cared to join their RPing, and though I was apprehensive at first, I got really into it.
Sodality eventually disbanded, and quite dramatically so, but my thirst for this newfound segment of gaming had not been sated.

Concerning what I can bright to the CotH community, I would say a dark, at times down-right "stoopid" sense of humour. I am usually quite cheerful and social, though can at times seem unserious. I have been told. Heh.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Denmark. My primary language is there Danish. I do however feel, or rather hope, that my English is adequate.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother introduced it to me more than half a decade ago. I have been a gamer since the age of three, so to me, it was only natural to begin playing the game that everyone around me was beginning to play.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Sometimes, a guy just can't help but miss RPing in the Warcraft setting. I recall playing on another RP server many years ago, and while that server wasn't RP specific, it still delivered far better RP than what I ever experienced in Retail. Therefore, I decided to Google "wow rp private server", and here I am. I have to say, after reading through various parts of the site for the last hour, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't NOT try for a membership.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am a firm believer in switching things up, being an alt-o-holic and all, but if I have to pinpoint a preferred type of roleplaying? As it is right now, I am sort of in love with cracked situations and citizens. Like, I'd love to roleplay someone studying magic in Scholomance. Just, the everyday school life of the most twisted place in The Eastern Kingdoms. I also read in the announcements that you were beginning to make a move for Cataclysm? Well, one of the most interesting parts of Cata was the change in the social structure of Stormwind and the surrouning areas, the poverty of Westfall in specific. That would be an interesting situation to take part of.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I guess I'll always feel affectionate towards the archaic idea of the Human Paladin. A crusader of the light, banishing the evil abominations that flood every fantasy setting. Human Paladins also seem like the superheroes of the Alliance, brave, noble souls that go out of their way to protect the innocent. Call it a childish, rosey dream of mine, but I like it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
In it's essence, roleplaying. But more so than that, a community that strongly enforces roleplaying without breaking the immersion. One of the most aggrevating parts of roleplaying on Retail was naked people called "Chúcknorrïs" facehumping you while you're, for instance, giving a speech on tolerence amongst the various Dwarven races. I'm not even bitter. Nope.
Also, cross-faction roleplaying. Oh how I have begged for you~

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
While I am, in general, quite stoked about the heavy enforcement on keeping the quality of roleplay at a constant high. I really like the rule of humility, as I think it is a personality trait we all need to work on. But the one most important to me is tolerence, especially if it's as closely monitored and enforced as it sounds. Still not bitter. Nope.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Aria smiled as a sunbeam got caught in the silver necklace she wore around her neck, reflecting the light onto the yellow parchment in front of her. It danced as the blonde youth drew in a breath, resembling a snake made of pure, holy energy, slithering across lazily written words. Aria wondered if one day she would be able to conjure the light from within herself. She hoped so. Her parents did not. They wanted her to help out in the bakery. Aria scoffed at the thought. Her? A baker? Not very likely. She was destined for greatness. She pictured herself mounted on great, white steed, charging against an onslaught of ghosts, ghouls and other nighttime terrors. Maybe she would join the Argent Dawn one day? Healing the bravest men and women in all of Azeroth. Or maybe she would become a great mage, fire down on her enemies with grea-

"EEEEK!" Aria fought to control her breathing again, the sharp sound of a cane hitting wood bringing her out of her fantasies. She was back in the musty classroom in Northshire Abbey. The dust played in the light as it settled back down on her desk, staying well away from the tool now resting on Aria's desk. She dared not look up. She knew what she would find. The disapproving stare from Mrs. Hathgrave could make even the most battle-hardened Warrior cower in fear.
"Daydreaming again, are we?" the tall, imposing woman had a way of making Aria feel even smaller than she was.
"Sorry, ma'am, it will not happen again," Aria responded, keeping her gaze low. She knew better than to challenge Hathgrave's seething glare. The only thing a stupid action like that could lead to was detention, something Aria was keen to avoid. The last time she had been asked to stay after class, she had to dust all the books in the library. Page. By. Page.

The rest of the class went by quite uneventful for most of the students under Mrs. Hathgraves supervision. Not for Aria, though. Never being one to keep an untrue promise, she had delved back into the world she so desperately wanted to be a part of. The world of mystery and wonders, of heroism and bravery. Of friendship, and of love.

~ See you in Azeroth.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at current, but I will be sure to ask if anything pops up.
Welcome to the server! I hope you enjoy your time rping here. If you need anything, you can always feel free to ask for help and questions on the forums, though there is also a good amount of resources in the wiki including an official timeline that the server runs by. For the most part we try to keep our lore and the world as close to "Blizz-like" as possible.

Quote: One of the most aggrevating parts of roleplaying on Retail was naked people called "Chúcknorrïs" facehumping you while you're, for instance, giving a speech on tolerence amongst the various Dwarven races. I'm not even bitter. Nope.
Also, cross-faction roleplaying. Oh how I have begged for you~

I can assure you none of that will happen here. If anyone tries to grief rp just let us know, and they'll probably get a kick in the tooshy from one of our friendly GMs. And we do have a bit of cross-faction rp, so I'm sure the server will accommodate your needs. Looking forward to seeing you on the server. And as a note you don't need to get your character immediately approved before rping (since some new members might not know that) so feel free to experiment before making your first profile. :D
Well, I for one can say you can pass for English for your first language. Good work learning it.

Yes, we're very good with the whole... 'Facehumping' stuff.. And by that I mean we would never allow it. I mean, we even go out of the way to not walk through each other when walking by each other.

Anyhowwwww.. Welcome!! Can't wait to see the characters you come up with!!