Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thousand needle boats, azeroth use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So in cata, you get a boat for the thousand needles area, for obvious reasons: being able to get around. Takes a bit of time to swim around the area... and not many people would have flying mounts.

Now, being that this isn't retail, that's not an issue. HOWEVER! What would be really sweet is if the boat could be used even outside of thousand needles, but everywhere: Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Northrend, for RP use. Now, what I'm thinking is this: The item is available for use when you enter 1k needles, so there's a script in there that must basically say "If in thousand needles, then activate" kind of thing going on. Now, one of two things could happen:

1. remove the script, thus being able to use it anywhere. the downside of this of course is the item explodes, thus making it useless.
2. Replace "thousand needles" and either add in "azeroth" or just put in the string for use in any and all zones/continents.

Is this something that is possible?

Another thing that would be cool, but would be a hell of a lot harder I think, is if the boat, instead of acting as a mount, could be a static mesh, thus allowing for players to stand around it, you know? That's more of wishful thinking than actually being possible, I don't know if you guys even have the ability to change the properties of items in that manner.