Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Patchaclysm Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Similar to the decorating thread, but pertaining to the new waves of edits done with the custom patch.

As a heads up: the general method I'm using at present is to add structures and other larger details into an area, then furnish these structures and the rest of the environment as seems applicable. I'll also take requests for redecorations (such as putting shinier stuff in old housing) later one, but right now I'm focusing on the larger stuff.

That being said, feel free to leave requests for edits here.

What's been done so far:
[Keep in mind my work today was horribly erratic, so there's a lot of places on here that may not necessarily be done. Some are relatively minor right now.]
EASTERN KINGDOMS
-Elwynn [Area around Stormwind and Goldshire specifically]
-Westfall [Sentinel Hill]
-Stranglethorn [Gurubashi Arena, Booty Bay]
-Stormwind [Minor decor]
-Ironforge [Decor]
-Eversong [Small building additions]

KALIMDOR
-Durotar [Mainly edits to outside of Orgrimmar]

More to come tomorrow!
After my initial erratic run of things yesterday, I'm going to begin narrowing down and actually trying to 'finish' some areas in their general sense before moving on.

Today I'm planning on hitting Stormwind and radiating out from there. Of course, Stormwind will mostly involve decoration. Feel free to toss out suggestions for Stormwind and its surrounding regions here; you can throw in some requests for redecorating already existing things, but it -may- get set a bit lower for importance.
Maybe you can put a Gnomish Workshop somewhere in Dun Morogh or something :D
(02-27-2013, 09:39 AM)Bingles Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can put a Gnomish Workshop somewhere in Dun Morogh or something :D

Certainly doable. Unfortunately even with the patch many dorf buildings are hard to implement either way, since most go into the ground >> So that should be able to be worked in easily.
This might sound silly, but I advise the use of flags and banners when possible. In stylistic moderation, they can add a very nice touch.

Example: If you can find a string of blue triangle flags, string it in the Trade District of Stormwind. As well, when I was picking out decor for the attempt at an orc wedding a while back, I found orcs have some very nice non-traditionally shaped flags. I'm not sure what the style is but they're...curved?
Already ahead of you (slightly)!

I've spread a few of those around in primarily the Trade District and the Valley of Heroes. I'll be spreading that about more today when I get home.
Hey.

Rigley.

This isn't patch related but.

Arathi basin RP location plz? D:
Sentinel Hill needs more houses. The place has 400 people; it needs to look like a small town, y'know? (Population mostly in town, with a couple of small surrounding farms.) I also think it'd be nice if we had the ability to enter the chapel...Also: Maybe, just maybe we can have a couple transient wagons. Apart from that? I think a couple wells might be a good idea, and a few cows; livestock, all that. Mayhaps a market too? I think that'd be a right good idea.

Anyways, sorry if I rambled on there!
-That version of the chapel object has no interior. There is unfortunately no actual westfall-looking chapel, though I may add one near Moonbrook.

-I can look into adding more homes to Sentinel Hill, but many will likely be cosmetic only due to the terrain.

-I can likely fit a market in somewhere!
Can we get more places to hide in? Like, bushes by doors or tapestries in front of a wall in a tavern, and such? Its a bit less awkward to be in a blatant hidie-hole than to emote "HEY GUYS IM HIDING, K?"

Though this might be a bit counter-intuitive, but if you have any tables or benches or something that are missing collision, they'd be good for this, too, /sleep emote, and all.
Can't think of any tables that'd work like that, no.

As far as places to hide, perhaps I'll team up with you or others with similar interest at some point so you can give me some ideas, heh.
Hearthglen needs an abbey.

SOMEWHERE

MAKE IT FIT

FFFFF
Quick notification of yesterday's changes:
-Stormwind (Primarily trade and mage district)
-Westfall (Primarily Sentinel Hill)
-Tirisfal Glades (minor)

Added a few structures to Dun Morogh, including a large workshop. I may relocate it.

@Vladdy I should meet up with you sometime for some ideas on how to further work on Sentinel Hill, as an aside. I can't think of too many more changes to implement.

@CappnRob Impossible, I'm afraid! That object is far too large to fit anywhere other than Flatland, I would wager. It's huuuuge.
YEESS.... A WORKSHOP :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Sure thing Rigley! I have some right good ideas if I do say so myself. (Then again, I grew up near a town of 200 people, so I guess I know a lot about some of the charms of small settlements.)
Pages: 1 2 3