Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kalenus' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I’ve been playing MMO’s for years and years. I’ve played pretty much every fantasy-style MMO on the market (WoW, Rift, Aion, LOTRO, GW, CTB, and the list goes on…), but mostly got into RP when I was playing WoW for years.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I’m from the US, actually. Denver, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Well, I tried WoW out one time, and I was hooked for years. I played retail for a long time, and played on a RP server. I actually ran my own RP guild there, and had many great RP experiences and memories. I really enjoyed WoW retail, and I’m hoping to have similar experiences here.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was looking for a private WoW server to play on, but I really miss the RP element of the game, so when I tried google’ing those terms, your server came up. I thought it was worth a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy interesting storylines and character immersion. Over the many years I’ve understood that people like to be in the spotlight during RP sessions, so I understand the meaning of people taking turns and not hogging the center of attention… As long as there isn’t a ton of that, to where my character feels like a background extra in a movie, I’ll be happy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hmmm, not quite sure I can put my finger on a specific one. I really enjoy the Tauren class. I love their sense of spirituality and the inspiration from Native American themes. I also enjoy Blood Elves (which is what I originally RP’d for mainly), but I might be open to giving new classes a try.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to meet some creative and hopefully nice people, that will give me a chance to RP with them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?

I really think that the fact that you require introductions is a great idea! It keeps out all of those bots and unwanted 12 year olds (nothing against young players!) that aren’t here to RP, but here to be 12 year old kids.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Get someone on that back door in the barracks, now!" Kalenus shouted at the crowd as they scattered away to their assigned jobs. He made his way out of the doorway and down the steps onto the grass. Looking at the sky, he noticed a haze in the air. Maybe Steward was right? Is this the tenuous haze his sings of in his old songs? Is it possible for him to predict such a thing?
Kale's burgundy armor clanked as he briskly made his way to the rear of the main hall. He bent down on his knees, looking under the planks of the building for the resting corpse, but could not find him.
"Steward!!" He yelled.
"Make yourself known to me you pile of rotting flesh!”
But nothing appeared from the dank darkness of the crawl space. Kale banged onto the siding with his clenched fist before getting off his knees and making his way into the main hall itself. As he entered he passed Amarantos who looked as if preparing for departure from the island. His bag was slung across him, as well as his hood being pulled up.
“My lord, I ride now to Silvermoon City into the chapel to speak with those who may be able to help us. I shall do all I can to convince them to aid us in our plight.” said Amarantos looking rather terrified but poised.
Kale’s eyes still searching all around for Steward, he gave him a few kind words of encouragement and sent him out of the door. Quickly, he turned his attention to his search again and climbed up into the meeting hall. Above him, he could hear the slightest movement, almost like a mouse. Kale slowly crept past the podium and toward the stairs. Not only was movement apparent now, but he could also hear a small grumbling voice. Tip-toeing closer, as he hit the seventh stair, it suddenly made a loud creak. Kale winced in regret as he heard a sudden shuffle of feet and a few mugs falling to the floor and smashing before complete silence

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not that I can think of!
Welcome to the server! Be sure to read up on the wiki which includes useful information such as the timeline. We also recently implemented a custom game object patch which is a must have for some of the rp locations.

I hope you have a nice stay here, and feel free to ask on the forums if you need any help.

Also as far as I know we don't have any 12 year olds here. I would be quite worried if we did (especially since most websites bar those under 13 in compliance with COPPA).
Welcome to the server. We're glad to have you. Hope to RP with you soon. =)