Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Huh, this is interesting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out what I found:

[Image: 2zq79yc.jpg]

[Image: Azeroth2.jpg]

Dunno bout you man, but THAT is interesting...

NZ is a bit of stretch I gotta admit, but still.
It's all foreign to me!
I'd hardly call it shocking, though it is nifty! Artists often look at real-life objects/creatures/whatever and what-not for their designs. It's very possible that when designing the maps, they looked at already existing land-masses for a bit of inspiration.
It explains why we have giant spiders...
Kalimdor confirmed for Australia.
*hyperventilate*
I know Blizzard ripped off a bit of Tolkein but I didn't realize they copied his homeland too!
I think I would look at Great Britain for Eastern Kingdoms instead. But Australia is pretty untamed and wild and Greenland is a frigidly cold place.
I don't see how this resembles the world map of Azeroth.

I know random Civilization 5 maps that resemble Australia far more than Kalimdor ever will.
[Image: 8231f4218fb3.jpg]

Don't forget the Maelstrom.
You know what would be an interesting expansion? If the writers decided that the Maelstrom would suddenly get extremely strong (somehow) and begin to pull Azeroth's three largest continents towards itself until they crash and combine one supercontinent, and the result would not only be a significant change in most of the land, but the most intense war Azeroth has seen due to the depletion of resources and a closer proximity between the factions than before. The two sides no longer have to cross the sea, and the market would turn to chaos because the port cities were likely smashed in the collision. I mean, the Maelstrom is already setting up the destruction of the broken isles, so it's a worthy expansion theory.

Also, the Eastern Kingdoms looks like a deformed seahorse.
/peer

[Image: mother-of-god-meme.jpg]
More like the WC3 version.
[Image: Azerothwc3.JPG]
(03-27-2013, 07:53 AM)Ghurm Wrote: [ -> ]You know what would be an interesting expansion? If the writers decided that the Maelstrom would suddenly get extremely strong (somehow) and begin to pull Azeroth's three largest continents towards itself until they crash and combine one supercontinent, and the result would not only be a significant change in most of the land, but the most intense war Azeroth has seen due to the depletion of resources and a closer proximity between the factions than before. The two sides no longer have to cross the sea, and the market would turn to chaos because the port cities were likely smashed in the collision. I mean, the Maelstrom is already setting up the destruction of the broken isles, so it's a worthy expansion theory.

Also, the Eastern Kingdoms looks like a deformed seahorse.

And Azeroth would be covered in lava and everyone on all the mainlands would be dead.

Yep.
You know what I wanna see.

I've seen Ancients of war, ancients of lore, ancients of wind, all of em. I have yet to see a tree of life from warcraft 3 in world of warcraft.