Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TheSeven's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I play WoW since 2009, started up on the Retail Version and recently, due to the lack of funds for it (i'm still a student) i had to quit paying to play, recently i decided to find a private server for roleplaying, and that's how i found CotH. As a player, It depends on my enjoyment of the server whether i'm a 4-5 hours a day player or a simple 5 hours a week. I enjoy leveling up calmly and make up mysterious characters. and lores.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Portugal and my primary language is portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Honestly, it was through a South Park episode called "Make Love not Warcraft", that single episode made me get really interested in the game as it looked like a game that had a depth no other game has or could ever have, i started looking for gameplays, lores, pretty much everything about the game.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you through a quick google search by the words "Wow roleplay private server". Sorry if you were expecting something more exciting haha

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy making up characters with a mysterious backstory, something dark and deep that they don't tell to everyone that asks who they are or what their purpose is, mostly characters that don't draw the attention of a crowd (especially not things like mary sues).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really don't have a favourite race or class, it really depends on what the purpose of the character being created is, but for roleplaying it's usually something with a simple lore like Humans, Dwarves, Forsaken, etc.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be quite honestly the most dedicated roleplaying private server i've found, and, if the game catches up with my expectations from my visits to the forums, i hope to have a good time and have some epic roleplay stories.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I find your strict dedication to "roleplaying only" rather amusing for a private server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

- Is it ready yet? - asks Amadeus.

Oh, what a long path it's been since i left Stormwind with the RATAS (Royal Alchemy Team Against the Scourge). We were a secret group based on the best alchemists the Alliance had that time, the only people that knew we existed were King Varyan and the Royal Court. Our job that day was to head out directly in the fields of the enemy, there had been some rumors that the Scourge had prepared a massive plague attack coming from a a few lands above Stormwind, a place called Tirisfal Glades, at that time it was a simple land with a few farmers and their houses. We knew this wasn't just it. Something was wrong with that land, many people that reported seeing some kind of Scourge wearing robes, wielding swords and casting spells were found missing or killed in hideous ways, so we were assigned to go there and find out what was going on in that land, why didn't they send an army instead of a group of Alchemists? because only we knew how to figh the Plague, how to control it, how to kill it, and we hoped to find any information about the source of these attacks.
Our team was formed by a few casters and some rogues or even warriors, those brutes only knew how to make strength potions but they were good against direct enemy attacks, we were at a base mounted by the Ruins of Lordaeron, a simple green tent that went along with the nearby vegetation, hoping we could camouflage ourselves against the regular Scourge, there, we were preparing Anti-Plague Bombs to prepare ourselves for the worst, guess who was in charge of 'em.

- They're coming right up sir. - I replied.
Ah yes, haha, I remember the times i was no more than a humble human priest, taking orders from a warrior named Amadeus, whose thirst for conflicts didn't fit well with the honorous name he was blessed with.
- Well hurry up, we need you and Jeffard right on the field in a town just a little north-west from our position called "The Brill", your job is to carry those Anti-Plague potion to the old tavern there and arm them to blow up in the next hour, giving us time to move position to the far west.
- Why in The Light's name do i have to go with Jeffard? - I was mad with his commands, a sword wielding bafoon telling me to go on a suicide mission with some rogue who only knew how to pickpocket old folk and disappear with his smoke bombs like he was some kind of cheap illusionist? This was definitely not what i signed up for.
- He's the only one who can cover you there without you two getting noticed, do you have any problems with that?
- Yeah, take it easy man, i'll keep you safe. - said Jeff while smiling with his crooked yellow teeth.
I shall not just "take it easy" and i most definitely rely on that "keeping me safe" comitment of yours, i thought. Oh how was I right...

-------------------------------------------// -------------------------------------------------------------

- Nothing spooky in sight. - said Jeff.

We went out of the tent, making our best not to be seen by anyone while we headed to that town Amadeus talked about, I only brought my staff and a few Anti-Plague bombs, hoping they would be enough to take care of the job.

The town was in sight soon enough, it looked like an abandoned village to me back then, doors and windows were broken, signs darkened by rust, even some bricks missing here and there gave this place a haunted look, especially the fact that no one was around, not a single living soul.

It then hit me, from the side of my right leg, just a bit above the knee, a dark throwing dagger was shoved deep into my flesh, it had a dark green liquid coming out of the blade, poisoned i assumed.

From the house to my right, a hooded rogue appeared from the building's shadows, but this wasn't Jeff, it wasn't even a creature i recognised, only a few seconds later did I notice it was a very curved creature, with a green-ish skin and a bit of its leg flesh missing, by my horror I discovered that my attacker was no more than one of the dressed and intelligent Scourge we heard rumours of.

- Look what we have here, they sent of them priests, came here to mourn the dead did we? Have you come here for an exorcism? - asked ironically my hooded enemy, his laughter gave me the chills through my whole spine.

- Just one itty-bitty priest, this was what the humans sent?

Wait, ONE? What did he mean by one?? Where in Light's was Jeff at that time of danger? I looked behind me and there he was, going up the hill behind the village.

- Jeff, come back here! Help me! - I shouted in desperate agony.

- No can do! I won't mess with that freaky walking courpse! You take care of him and I'll meet you back at the tent! - he replied, while throwing one of hs smoke bombs to the ground and disappearing right after.
Betrayed, I was left alone by my own kind, by the one who was supposed to guard me, why did I listen to Amadeus in the first place...

- Looks like you have been abandoned by your friends, haven't you? Well isn't that precious. And look what we got here! You prepared some kind of bombs, I bet those bombs are for fighting the Plague! Hm, I think the Lady will take good care of you.

His voice and falling to the ground was the last thing I remember before getting unconscious.
I had been, and was about to be turned to, a Forsaken.

( This is a bit of background story of an Undead Priest I was thinking of creating, I hope you liked it! )

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm a bit new to the roleplay play style, I don't have any noticeable work in this field, especially with in-game roleplays with other characters.

Ready to create your introduction? Click here to create a topic!
Hello there, theseven! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!
thank you so very much!