Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Skeleton Knight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have a strong interest in gaming of all kind (from FPS to RPG).
My favorite games are: Age of Empires, Deus Ex and Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast.
PVE and RP are my favorite occupations. I do not like competition much, although I like challenges.
I love World of Warcraft and I want to try roleplaying on a more mature and lore-aware community.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada
French and English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been playing Warcraft since the second installment, Warcraft 2.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google. I've been looking for a RP server for a long while.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventurous roleplay, it always help the flow of conversation and improvisation as our surrounding continually changes, leaving places to new and more consistant scenarios.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarf. I like the lore and the Tolkienian feel to their culture, simply.
Priest, they're amongst the hardest to roleplay, but I like to be supportive and vertuous.

Other than that...
Monk, I'm a huge fan of Dragonballs and classical martial arts in general and I've been looking forward for this class for a long while. (I truly hate MoP though...)

What are your expectations of this server?:
An active and open community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
No Godmoding and... Humility, it is the main reason why I left roleplaying on the official World of Warcraft servers, like I said, there was absolutely no regulation. The only roleplaying guild in the realm was about a "death knight" champion and his minions. It was practically giving the leader any loots during instances and following him for any quests. We should learn that roleplaying is not about developping a super hero.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Narcisse Lachance, chaplain of the Scarlet, visits his father grave in the surrounding of Darkshire. As the Light guides him, it weakens along its path, vanishing before the tomb of his Father, a Knight of the Silver Hand he had sworn to avenge. But 18 years has passed, raised amongst the Northshire Abbey, how could he ever forget about him? Kneeling down, Narcisse prays his father for guidance:
"Father enlight me, are curses so powerful? I've been so true to my kingdom, yet the Light leaves my body feeble. If even my hatred for Arthas can't unleash my true power, where would I find it? How could I finally be one with the Light? Soon, I shall depart to New Avalon to fight the Scourge in a decisive battle agaisn't the Lich King. I beg you to guide my ways, for the Light confuses me in its path."
An ethereal forms appears toward him, it was his Father he had long forgotten. After a dismayed glance at his son, he speaks. He wears a beard to the knee, but his voice is younger than it ever was.
"The Eastern Plaguelands was once a peaceful kingdom, son. Amongst them lived Arthas, an aspiring hero, just like you. He was a powerful man, nearly as virtuous as his father, Terenas Menethil II... Alas, his hatred for the Scourge had vanished the hold on his humanity in a flask. You see, there's nowhere evil in a man anything pure or evil, but a lack of humanism, hatred and fear that we must conquer. Only then will we find the Light. Our cause does not reward sacrifices, but those who combat darkness. I reason - The Cult of the Damned requires a charitable adversary, which is not the Scarlet. Nowhere is Light to be seen in their cause, their defeat at the Scarlet Monastery remains a prime example of their inconsistency... And if you decide whether to depart the Church of the Holy Light or not, I will pray for your lack of devotion in New Avalon agaisn't the The Ebon Blade. But be aware that if the Holy Light can harm what it can't heal. I was once a Knight of the Silver Hand, in Stratholme, many of us lost their life, not to the army of the Scourge, but to their darkness within their soul, having lost sight on their causes, many souls were traps in their fear, hate and despair, refusing to follow the Light, they were stuck forever in their body, becoming slaves of the Darkness. Once they came for me, the Light came for me... and even today the Light still follow my sight in this ethereal form. I see you standing on my grave, trampling my dirt on your ways. You will follow the Light as it guides you, whether you follow the Scarlet or not, I urge you not to dismiss the Light on your way. If she distracts you, let her guide you."
And there was light, as the clouds opened, the figure of his father progressively weakened, leading him to a chest his Father had left beneath the tree.
"May this heirloom reminds you about me, for us, these items are perks... and we see no use in them. May the Light guides you, son"
The figure departed, crawling back in the dirt as the son gazed upon the powerful reflections of the azure rod. As he turned around, his father was no more... and no thanks were given but a smile and a look upon the sky.
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I approve greatly of your choice of favorite games. Someone seeks a good blend of story and action, hrm? As for being a fan of Dwarves and Monks... Try out a Runemaster, hrm? Unarmed fighter, skin like platemail, fights unarmed, with blows like warhammers. It's pretty much what'd happen if you took a random Warrior and pictured the plate and hammer weren't there, replaced by runic tattoos.

As for activity - Due to the current change to Cataclysm, action on the server is on the rise. Steeply. And, thanks for the story!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!