Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An introduction of that guy, Nebel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I enjoy roleplaying as much as the next guy, afterall, I've been playing for many many years now. I have a tendency to be a rather open person when it comes to the ways and styles other people enjoy theirselves and expect people to show me the same respect. Although personally, I do not enjoy PvP, I'm more of a PvE and roleplaying kind of gamer myself.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from the U.S.A., Tennessee to be exact, and I speak English primarily and not much of anything else.

How did you get into Warcraft?: Warcraft and I have a very 'on-again-off-again' kind of relationship. I played it back when Warcraft I came out and have attempted to play each game as they are released. Truth of it is though, I'm not very good at RTS-style games and when WoW came out, I generally could not afford to pay for its monthly fees. I have played WoW for a handful of months post-cataclysm and enjoyed it, though I did not really have a strong connection with the other players due to the fact that I could not find a good, consistent group of RPers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: My friend, Kaboomsplode, already a member of your servers, told me about it. As mentioned (a few times now) I love RP and would be very interested in RPing in the WoW setting.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: As stated before, I am a very open person to all types of play. If it's fitting for my character, I will jump in whole-heartedly into whatever story I come across and try to help develop and contribute to the story I am involved in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Well, pre-cata, I loved Troll hunters, Trolls were always just an interesting race to me, I think mostly because of the accent. Hunters were usually a good time as well because of the pet system invovled with it. Now though, I prefer Wargen Rogues, the whole, stealth-predator feel to the combination is fun.

What are your expectations of this server?: I expect to find a group of roleplayers that actually enjoy playing with others and making new friends and stories with them. I expect to enjoy my time in-game even if my time isn't spent playing the game as much as it is being with people and just sharing a good time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The exploitation rule. I'm here for RolePlay with some actual game-playing, let's be honest, but I've seen many other games in which people try to exploit a glitch or some other little twitch within the game just to get an unnecessary edge. Why is it this occurs? Why are some people so desperate to be better than others that they feel they must do something that is unnecessary. To me, it's a crutch that actually makes you weaker than the guy who is taking his time to progress through the game and have a good time, whether the has the 'best stuff' or not.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: He stretched out on the soft grass, legs crossed before him as he lounged under a tree, his nose in his favorite book. A soft breeze ruffled his loose fitting white pants and tousled, short brown hair, but he barely registered the movement through the reading glasses propped on the end of his nose. It wasn't until a passing zepplin cast its shadow across his reading before he finally decided to close the book and set forth again.

With a gentle push, Nebel stood up and yawned, his joints popping with his stretches. "Good day." He sighed to himself and wandered off. He had no real path, no chosen destination, he was just walking. A slight tug at his shirt, near the shoulder, caught his attention and the man stopped. "Can I help you?" he asked aloud, a pleasant smile on his face.

"You're the one they call Nebel right?" A nasal voice whined from behind him. He nodded to confirm the voice's statement. 'You know, there's a bounty on you right?" he voice asked again. Once more, Nebel nodded, the smile still not leaving his face.

After a moment, Nebel spoke up, "Honestly, I'm astonished, most people aren't polite about that little prize." He chuckled, "I'm starting to wonder what your purpose for seeking me out are." Of course, he was soon answered with the point of a blade digging lightly into his back.

"Well, I thought it would be worth it to bring you in alive." The voice chuckled. Nebel stepped forward slightly, spun around, and smacked the blade away with one hand, while his other hand ignited an explosive blaze between himself and his attacker. The blast pushed them both away from each other and Nebel landed, flat on his back, laughing at himself.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: There is nothing at all!
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I'll make a mention that we're not on Cataclysm just yet - we're switching this week. As for RP and game mechanics, generally stuff tends to be resolved through RP with or without rolls as opposed to mechanical combat like duels or PvP. We're pretty heavy on the writing aspect of role-playing, but hat's off to ya' if you manage to find people handling IC encounters with game mechanics. Nevertheless, we do try to keep the gamey side of stuff up to scratch, because a lot of our players enjoy doing quests or raiding or such in their breaks between RP sessions.

Oh, and thanks for the story!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!