Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Stalhandske's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have long been a fan of roleplaying, whether it be dabbling in D&D, playing crpgs like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, or countless others, I have always enjoyed immersion in a world where I can be shaped and shape events.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the U.S., and I speak English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Through the Warcraft strategy games

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

This server was suggested by a friend

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I have always liked the standard adventuring party, though political intrigue and faction interplay also interest me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Orcs, for race, and warrior, for class. My favourite part of Warcraft was the Orc ending, that idea of a horde of warriors sacking and destroying a city. I like the warrior class because of the wide range of jobs they include, from caravan bravos to gladiators and knights.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect roleplay beyond hooded assassins in all black and special snowflake werewolves, which I found on other roleplaying servers in mmos.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"We don't need characters from other dimensions, worlds, etc. or characters that are out of place and make no sense with the current, established lore.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The woodsman sat there, leaning against the gable and starring at his empty glasses, thinking back on his brush with death. He had been informed of the location of a ferret colony, and had sought it out for the coin their furs bring, he arrived at the location, recognizing a nearby landmark he often used when out fishing. He saw something in the brush, figuring the pursuit was on, he scrambled into the concealing thickets, he snagged his foot on a brier and tumbled into the frozen ground, he recovered, but heard the shambling sound of feet on snow, and looked up to see a ghastly figure, an undead, shambling beast.
He had heard tavern-talk from other trappers of a necromancer raising the perished from abandoned tombs in the area, but figured this was simply to deter others from their favourite stomping grounds. He panicked, picking up the axe he lost in his tumble, and swinging with wild abandon at the creature. He stepped ever backwards as the thing approached, he severed it's left arm at the elbow, and readied himself to attack again.
He reconsidered when he saw more, at least a score, of the creatures behind him. He swung once more, hewing the beast's leg off, he had no hope of winning against such odds, so he leaped through the thickets, and ran off to his pony, he cut the hitching rope, releasing it from the sturdy oak, and rode of to town.
He wouldn't go trapping again till the spring melt, he thought as he drank from his new mug of ale.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello there, Stalhandske! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Ah, drat! With that name I was so sure you were a Scandinavian! :P Seems I was wrong. *snaps fingers*

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin