Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lox's Future Events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys.

Seeing as I'm back in-game now and am capable of being on WoW (while it's laggy and whatnot, it still works), I'm looking to come back into event-running. I've already decided to do another Kidnapped and I've even decided where it's going to take place. I've found a location that I've fallen irrevocably in love with, and it's giving me more and more inspiration the longer I explore it.

That said... I feel that perhaps people would like to try something else. Not just Kidnapped, while it's an event that's been bringing people together pretty effectively over the years.

So, I'd like some suggestions. My DM style is already pretty set in stone, however. I'm not very good at combat-oriented events that involve a set line of combat to reach a goal at the very end. I specialize in grand-scale events concentrated in one location, non-stop over a certain period of time.

Kidnapped as an example; It's always set between one and two weeks in length, encouraging idle RP between the actual happenings in the event. It's isolated in one location where me as the DM is responsible for moving the storyline along and controlling the environment around you. All things considered, I probably run my events in-game much like I'd run my tabletop games.

With that particular "style" in mind... What sorts of events do people want to see on the server? What are you "hungry" for, so to speak? Anything in particular that you've wanted your character to experience for a while now?
Big Brother/Survivor-Type Game

The players competing against one another for a grand prize.
Elimination through peer voting.
Social game with challanges that gain you advantages. (immunities, double votes, etc)
I'd love to see you tackle some storylines. They don't need to be combat-oriented at all. Something akin to Northwind with a greater emphasis on puzzle-solving or negotiation with NPCs would be well-received, I think. There's a lot to draw from due to the conflict and trouble that Cataclysm has whipped up, and although nothing in particular calls for suggestion, I'll make another post if I think of a particular area, race, story arc, etc. that I believe could benefit from a time in the limelight.

The Pokémon-esque 'have a day's adventure then move on' structure that most events adopt has its benefits, and I believe someone went to the trouble of outlining them in one of their commentary threads, but it also has a whole bundle of disadvantages. Bovel's proven that you can run a storyline with more than two or three people and 'tie' characters to a plot without detracting from danger and action, allowing those characters to express who and what they are.
(05-18-2013, 06:20 AM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]Bovel's proven that you can run a storyline with more than two or three people and 'tie' characters to a plot without detracting from danger and action, allowing those characters to express who and what they are.

That's my name!!
I'd like to see some Horde or Alliance missions that sort of let players participate in the war. I am pretty certain there are other roles people could fill in the war that don't require outright combat which would be interesting.
Like recon and sabotage? o 3o
Yes, exactly~

Recon could also be combined with like rescue. Could have some NPC group do the battling while players infiltrate. There's a lot that could be done.
Kidnapped: Karazhan

I'm kidding
(05-18-2013, 10:52 AM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]Kidnapped: Karazhan

Wow, it's actually a grand idea.
A group of people kidnapped by X into a haunted, magical or possibly illusionary enchanted tower. And they be faced with wicked games a la Saw, Delicatessen and the first Harry Potter book all rolled into one.
Anything with Blood Knights. Pls.
I was actually considering Karazhan, but... It's -way- too big. I don't want to work with an area that's too big unless it's open, too. Too many hallways and rooms will seriously confuse the DM and you won't be getting any storyline if she's lost and has to look at the map every two seconds. Takes away the intimidation factor in scary people walking through the hallways if I can't find the right hallways.

I have been scouting NEAR Karazhan, though. So I've already found a good place for it. :3 (Thanks, @Spiky, who showed it to me.)
I'd actually love to see something more encouraging on isolationism and horror, Kidnapped 5 kind of...took it with a grain of salt.
I wish we did that other storyline

I don't think I ever took part in a Kidnapped event, so I would actually enjoy one. :> Or something spooky at the very least. I do try to look up to you when running my random dungeon crawling events.
I always enjoy seeing more of the longer, "survival" events like Kidnapped, Shipwrecked, and Skin Thieves. They're quite good for getting people together that normally wouldn't and forcing them to roleplay amongst each other. I still maintain that Kidnapped 3 was amazing for Gunnar's character development, and I think Skin Thieves 2 was the best event I've seen Rigley run. (I helped, but let's be honest, Skin Thieves 2 was Rigley's event.)
(05-18-2013, 02:45 PM)Loxmardin Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually considering Karazhan, but... It's -way- too big.

You got GMagical powers, wall off the portions you need for each event.
Pages: 1 2