Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kaisin, introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi, my name is Ben, I'd like to think of myself as a good natured person, I'm always happy to have a laugh and a joke and don't take things personally. The way I see it, if everyone involved knows what is said or done is a joke, then there's no harm done. I've sampled pretty much everything retail wow has to offer, from PvP to raiding to RP, and I would have to say that it is RP that I have the most passion for. I'm a polite, friendly person and always willing to listen to new ideas, so yea... I guess that's me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born and raised in England, the North of it in fact, which despite what some people might say, isn't that bad, hehe.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I used to play Warcraft 3, which was actually the first game I got on my 'new' PC, (the poor thing is getting old now) I played that for a while then got The Frozen Throne, which I also played for quite some time, I loved the varied races and the story based campaigns, so when an online version of my beloved universe came out I jumped at the chance to play it. I have no idea how long after the launch I started playing wow, but I did get quite a nice chunk of the original game.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was referred to this server by a friend and RP partner, since the RP in the retail version has all but disappeared, chased away by griefers and the like, so when I heard about this server I was very interested, the chance to RP without any of the hassle that comes from griefers with nothing better to do.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, but it's the long, often intertwining storylines I enjoy the most, seeing the trials and tribulations of the characters played out before my eyes. I enjoy the depth and backstories that give each character their own personality. There's nothing wrong with a little casual RP too of course.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

On the Horde side I'd have to say my favourite race is the Tauren, I always loved the way their culture venerated hunters, like certain African and Native American tribes. I loved their tribal culture and the way they lived off the land and in a sense worshiped it too.

On the Alliance my favourite race without a doubt is Worgen, but who doesn't love werewolves, hehe. I enjoy their lore and it seems the more I find out the more intrigued I become. Their strength, size and ferocity are also quite astounding.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a place where I can participate in mature RP without having to worry about being interrupted by griefers, anything more than that is a bonus!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like the idea that everyone is respected. Respect is not always easy to come by, especially on retail, so that is definitely what I look forward to the most.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

To be continued...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I guess that is everything I can think of, I hope I have covered everything but if not feel free to ask me anything!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

Always nice to meet fellow Tauren enthusiasts. Be sure to give a shout if you are looking for some moocow funtimez.

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you remain familiar with the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there a number of fantastic articles and guides available and they are an excellent resource even if you are familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for developing your character and for constructing your first profile, such as the official timeline, character development questionnaires and weight/height guidelines.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game (I don't personally advise joining barrens chat, due to its ridiculous nature ;p) if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to contact me via PM whether I am online or off, should you require any assistance.

I hope you find our community to your liking. Have fun!