Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: <?php echo "Hello World!"; ?>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, my name is Bradley. I’ve played a few games in the past, mainly MMOs, RPGs and MMORPGs. I’m quite a calm individual and that usually reflects in my role-playing. I greatly enjoy physics and very complex mathematical stuff, such as playing classical music on a guitar and minimalistic art. I’m generally social and get along with people well. However I hate dishonesty and injustice.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Glorious Wales. Well, I currently live in Wales, and have been living here for 6 years. However, originally I was born in Yorkshire, North England. My primary language is English, but I understand a fair bit of Welsh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I honestly cannot remember, I think I just found it on the internet after getting bored of playing Runescape. Anyway, I found it and played it through from early Wotlk to MoP.
At the beginning of Cataclysm I came across private servers and started playing on a few. Then I found a few GM/RP servers and then eventually got attached to RP servers and haven’t really looked back since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you whilst searching for information on role-playing a shadow priest. I came across a guide about it on your forums and then started looking through you website for information on your server. I like many RP servers for different reasons, sometimes the player-base, and other times what the server has to offer. So my ambition is to basically see what CotH is like in-game.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
I enjoy either nature/spiritual based role-play or very dark, evil role-plays. It quite often depends on my mood; if I feel enlightened I go with nature, if I feel a bit dark or down I get involved in shadow/dark role-plays.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like many depending on my mood. Forsaken are very good for shadow priests/warlocks. Night Elves are generally my favourite for nature and Worgen can be for both nature and shadow, with the whole transformation/control side thrown in.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I’m open minded. I’ve seen many bad servers but many good as well. Usually what makes a server bad is its player-base, and the whole introduction thing you do here has made me feel confident about what the player-base will be like.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
“Knowing when to quit” and “Keyboard Skills” are some rules I quite like. For me nothing ruins a role-play more than a player going too far, or somebody either using terrible internet language or complaining at every tiny mistake somebody makes in their typing. Like you said, “nobody’s perfect.”

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Here is my story. It’s custom lore, but makes an interesting character.

Spoiler:
We all want a good story; we all want our lives to have purpose. We want ourselves to be remembered when we die, never to be forgotten. For some of us this is a very hard task, so we often fantasize about doing great acts, having amazing abilities or achieving something wonderful that will change the world for ever.

Ariden was exactly like this. As a child he often fantasized of doing great things, he would often lose himself in his dreams; he would be in a world of his own, his very own world. Where nothing can go wrong, nothing can hurt you, but eventually we all have to come back to the real world, a world of cruelty, pain and suffering. These are things the Ariden met from an early age. He lost his father when he was toddler and his mother as a young teen. All throughout his life Ariden met suffering where ever he went.

It wasn’t until Ariden was older that Ariden discovered the cause of his pain; a sorcerer constantly pulling at his strings, playing with him like a puppet. A sorcerer who resided in the tower that hung over his town. Not many knew of the sorcerer, but Ariden had seen the warlock before, watching him from the windows of the eerie tower. His name was Medivh.

The discovery of what Medivh had done filled Ariden with anguish and hate. His parents didn’t have to die; they could still be alive... Ariden’s anger and hatred eventually came to bursting point. He met the sorcerer face to face, the wicked ‘thing’ that murdered his family. In Ariden’s eyes there was nothing human about Medivh; there was nothing to him but a corrupted old man. Ariden’s emotions didn’t help him though, unlike Medivh, Ariden had no great powers, no amazing skills. He was easily beaten and left badly scared. If it wasn’t for his friend, Sally, he would have been killed. Ariden’s mind faded out as his injuries brought on a coma. Memories of his past plagued his mind as his conscious fought desperately to break free.

Ariden was born in the place now known as Deadwind’s Pass. At the time this area was warm and welcoming, it didn’t have any deep caverns or barren trees, and the area was full of lush grasses and magnificent flowers that bloomed all year round. Usually the area was just used as a root between Duskwood and the Swamp but many residents lived in a small, secluded town down by the river. It was a town like any other except for one major factor, the tower that lay beside it, and it was at this tower where most of the villagers worked.

Ariden was a cheerful boy growing up. He loved to play with the other children and often had many adventures in the trees down by the river (though his mother often disapproved of his ‘adventures’). His best friend was a girl called Sally; they had grown up together from birth since their mothers work together as servants in the tower. One day Ariden was cheerfully playing with Sally down by the river when the local blacksmith disrupted their play. The look upon his face was grave.

“Ariden! Come quick, your mother’s in terrible pain!” The words hit Ariden like a rock and he froze in his place while Sally tried to drag him back towards the village.

“Come on Ariden! We need to go help!” Sally screamed. Ariden reluctantly followed her. Thought after thought entered Ariden’s mind as he rushed towards the village, none of which were very positive. Ariden eventually reached the village and saw a large group of villagers crowding around the entrance to the tower. Ariden quickly pushed through the crowd of people to find his mother on the floor. Her eyes were closed, but her mouth was wide open. Ariden watched in horror as his mother’s body twitch erratically and as white froth poured from her mouth. Ariden looked up, and saw Sally looking down with shock at his mother’s body, her hand was covering her mouth and tears we flowing down her cheeks. She looked up at Ariden and their eyes linked. Ariden could see the fear in her eyes, and he too was scared. Ariden pushed his way out of the crowd and ran off back, towards the river.

After his grave defeat to Medivh, Ariden was banished from his home and his friends. He was driven away from everything he knew, the life that he had come to know was over. For the following years Sally cared for Ariden in a nearby village, she treated his wounds and kept him fed. She often reminded him of the ‘good times’; the times when they would both play down the river; the adventures they had. But they no longer mattered to Ariden; it was now a long, long time ago.

Ariden eventually got back on his feet though. He found a job in the Night Watch and started a family. His next encounter with the sorcerer wasn’t until decades later. Ariden’s job appointed him at an outpost near his previous home, the home beside the tower. Ariden was halfway through his life by this point, and much of his childhood had been put aside; it was too painful for Ariden to think about. However, one day Ariden was at his usual post having sandwiches that were prepared for him by Sally. Suddenly an inflation of energy emerged from outside the tower. Ariden realised that this quickly expanding bubble of energy was on a collision course with him. He tried to cover himself in his tent, but the thin fabric of the tent offered no protection from the corrupting magic’s. Ariden was hit.

It was hours until Ariden’s body was discovered and taken back to his town. His wife, Sally, cared for him once again, but this time was different and she knew it. He wasn’t going to make a recovery. Ariden’s body and soul were too badly damaged and along with his consciousness, faded out of reality.

Ariden’s mind was put at rest, but not the way you would think. The magic that had corrupted him also corrupted his very soul, his own energy and consciousness. Ariden in fact didn’t die, but rather lost his grip on the material realm, the realm that everything physical resides. For decades Ariden’s consciousness wandered throughout the universe. He explored and observed the cosmos, always learning. He learnt to control the very energies that enable magic to exist, he learnt to cross over from one realm to another, and eventually was able to make a connection with the material realm.

Ariden opened his eyes for the first time in decades. He was back, but how much had changed? The breach to the material realm had disorientated Ariden, and he had temporarily forgotten what had happened to him. He immediately made his way across the now barren landscape that surrounded what was once his home. He made his way to the town where his wife had lived. However, when he arrived, he experienced something he didn’t expect. He entered the centre of the town and everyone avoided him. Whispers and looks quickly spread across people’s faces; they looked scared and some ran. Ariden realised that they were looking at him. He quickly glanced down at himself, but all he saw was the ground. Frantically, he ran towards the fountain to look at his appearance in the water. What he saw got to him in ways that no living person would know. As he stared in the fountain he could see his now transparent body, he looked like a ghost.

Ariden ran to the home that he shared with Sally. Nobody was home. Quickly, he headed upstairs and found an old diary resting on a table. It was title, “Sally’s Dairy”; it belonged to his wife. Surprisingly, when Ariden went to pick it up, his hand went straight through both the table and the book! Suddenly, Ariden realised what he was and what had happened, also that his connection with the material realm wasn’t as defined as he previously thought. He closed his ethereal eyes and focused his conscious mind on moving the book. With a dense collection of arcane energy in his fingertip, Ariden was able to move the book and carrying it in his hand.

Heading back outside, Ariden was met with a large crowd of scared and angry people. One man, who was wearing a Night Watch uniform and wielding a sword, swung for him, but his blade just cut through the air. People gasped. Another person, this time a women, also attempted to hit Ariden. However, her broom had no affect either and just swiped the air. The crowded backed away from him; they were scared of him and viewed him as a ghost.

Unexpectedly, a burst of energy exploded at Ariden’s side, causing him to collapse onto the ground and drop Sally’s diary. He looked around to gather what had happened and caught eye of a women in a silk robe. Ariden could sense that she was a wielder of magic, and figured that arcane must be able to have an effect on him. Not wanting to be hit again, he fled the town, picking up the diary as he ran, and headed towards Deadwind’s Pass.

Ariden had been banished from his home again, his previous life was gone. Nevertheless, to Ariden it no longer mattered. He had a new meaning, a new reason to exist. He now had abilities that are beyond anything he ever dreamt, he could now make a true difference.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not particularly, I just want to get involved in the server and see what it has available and what the player-base is like!
Hello there, Neutrino! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I think that's one of the most interesting ways I've heard of people stumbling upon CotH... :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Thank you :)