Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Luxion's introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a boring thread title, right? I'm such a copycat. Right then.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, lovely people! I’ve been playing World of Warcraft for approximately five years now. I believe I started right at the end of the Burning Crusade. At times I’m a very active player, but I also have periods where I have to cut back (to do stuff in real life, as dreadful as it sometimes is).
I used to be into everything: roleplaying, dungeons, even the occasional battleground, but as of late, I’ve realized that I spend most time roleplaying. Since there isn’t as much (quality) roleplay on the retail servers as there once used to be, I’ve decided to try out this server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I’m from Belgium (the northern part), so my mother tongue is Dutch. I’ve always been into languages, I even study English and German linguistics and literature right now, so apart from Dutch I also speak those two and French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My best friends are gamers and they got me into playing WoW. One of them was already working and paid my subscription (cheap bastard that I am). By now, most of my friends stopped playing, but I haven’t gotten sick of the game yet!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As a matter of fact, I was introduced to this server by a friend who recently moved here. The way he talked about it, it seemed like a fun place, so I decided to have a look and I liked what I saw!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any, as long as it’s not too dull! I’m up for anything, but I do like a bit of variation. Constantly roleplaying around one theme such as the army tends to get boring after a while.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The last character I played on a retail server was a worgen druid and back then I totally adored that combination. Shapeshifting has always seemed like a very appealing form of magic. However, I don’t really have one favourite race or one favourite class. I think it’d be easier for me to say which races and classes I dislike than the other way around.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to find fun and spontaneous people who are as much into roleplaying as I am!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and tolerance. I dearly value those two. Because, let’s be honest, there are quite a few asshats (pardon my language) on the retail servers. And this sometimes gets in the way of some quality roleplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Let me copy/paste something I wrote a while ago. I do quite a bit of writing in my spare time. You might also find this on Fanfiction, where I sometimes upload some of my stories:

Tilliah opened her eyes with a start, quickly scanning the area. She thought she’d heard something, although she couldn’t recall where the noise came from. She slowly sat up on her bedroll, her eyes passing over last night’s campfire. As she rubbed her eyes, she heard the noise again. A woman’s shout, she was sure of it. She quickly put on her boots, checking the daggers inside, before she set off in the direction of the noise.

After a minute of running, she reached a clearing in the forest. A man stood protectively in front of a woman, swinging a rusty sword at two wolves, trying to scare them off. The hungry beasts had no intention of backing off, however. Tilliah analyzed the situation for a single second before she silently drew a dagger out of her left boot and flung it towards the nearest wolf. With a yelp the wounded animal sunk through its knees while the other wolf turned towards the new danger. The man used this moment to strike at the wolf with his sword. With a sickening crack the sword broke the wolf’s hind legs instead of cutting them off. The second wolf also slumped to the ground. Tilliah quickly ran towards the two beasts, putting them out of their misery before she regarded the man and the woman with a calculating stare.

“You’re farmers.” She stated, tilting her head slightly as she took in the woman’s mud-stained, brown dress and the man’s beige linen vest and trousers. Or were they supposed to be white? The man nodded and answered, trying to hide his accent: “We are. Our farm is west of here, in Westfall.” Before Tilliah could reply to this, the woman started crying and ran towards her, hugging her tightly. “Thank you, thank you!” The blubbering woman uttered between two sobs. Tilliah awkwardly patted her back, trying to soothe her as the man just stared at them. After a while, the woman became quiet and let go of Tilliah, using her sleeve to wipe away the remaining tears. “My name is Asmië and this is my husband, Cadn. We’re so grateful that you came along to save us. Light knows what would’ve happened if you hadn’t...” She trailed off as her husband came and wrapped his arms around her.

“Please, let us repay you for what you did for us. Come with us to our farm. Stay, rest and eat. It’s the least we can do.” Cadn said as he looked at her. A sudden look of surprise crossed his face as he took in her feminine form, clad in the finest leather and her thick, black, curly and rather long hair. If they’d met under any other circumstances and if she’d be wearing any other attire, he would’ve mistaken her for a noble.

Tilliah flashed the two a bright smile and shrugged. “Honestly, it was no trouble. I guess you two were lucky your shouts woke me up. If you’ll just let me get my things, I’d gladly join you and have breakfast at your farm.” The man nodded, still gently holding the woman. “We’ll wait here, miss.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don’t think so. If anyone else has more questions regarding me, go ahead and ask, though!
Hello there, Luxion! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

My, there's been a lot of Recruit-A-Friend lately! Who's your friend, if I may ask? :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
It was Scar. He's a (fairly) new member as well. I've known him for quite some time and we used to RP together on retail. :3
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Remember: Happiness is mandatory, citizen!