Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Neutral Papers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please read all of this before you nay-say. Okay, just hear me out on this one, because it's for the better of RP.

My goblin character, Zernzaz, is, well, a goblin, but has nothing to do with the Horde. He has only heard of the Bilgewater Cartel, and was never in any Horde military or group, nor Alliance. His only reputation and record is of drinking and talking in bars.

I know it sounds a bit much, but lately the majority of Horde are spending their time idling on GM Island, making RP options for Hordies like me difficult. You might just tell me to make an Alliance character, but since I've written a full profile and backstory for this one..

So, the actual idea. I think true neutral characters that are a "Horde race" yet have absolutely nothing to do with the Horde themselves should be able to sign Alliance neutrality papers. Basically what this does is it means the individual can enter limited, specific areas of Alliance territory as long as they

A. Stay out city limits, hell, don't even go near the cities.

B. Don't cause any trouble. Period.

D. Keep your weapon away.

E. Report to a guard to let them know when you're staying/leaving.

F. [OOC] Sign a permanent CW that says if I break any of these or other laws I consent to my character's death by guards.

I know this is just going to get shot down like a lead zeppelin, but I'm asking nicely for you guys to consider it. I don't expect to be allowed in the cities, I just want to RP with the people in Elwynn Forest and such without being killed. I don't want to be left out, or have to make an Alliance character. I'm fully fine with being killed if I were to break this, and I think this would help RP for people who don't even like the Horde, let alone be in them.
We used to have the server this way years ago, and switched it back to make it more Blizz-like. It just wouldn't make sense to have the Horde races in Alliance towns, or visa-versa. Reason being---How would you know that every Orc walking through there was neutral? Or any of the other races? Sure, there's those rules you have, but... it's still something that doesn't entirely make sense.

Not to mention, with Garrosh leading the Horde? He'd try to kill the dissenters. Meaning, if he caught wind of you trying to claim neutrality, you could kiss your access to Horde locations -and your life- goodbye. Skipping a bit ahead, you can see his standpoint in the Pandaren starting quests. (Yes, I'm aware, that's a different expansion---but his feelings on the matter are based on the events set up with the inclusion of Cataclysm. He's a warchief, that's pretty much declared war.)
You'd know because they have Alliance-approved, signed and stamped papers saying that this is nothing but a harmless little trade gobbo. Like, legally. Zernzaz 90% of the time doesn't carry any weapons and doesn't wear armor, he is about as docile as can be. It wouldn't just be his word, but the documents he's in possession of. Also, Zernzaz doesn't claim neutrality, he IS neutral. He wasn't born into the Bilgewater Cartel, or any group assosciated with the Horde, and he never had anything to do with them. So, say a neutral Orc couldn't walk in unless he also had neutrality documents. Simply being neutral wouldn't be enough, you'd have to apply for it.
This was attempted back on the WOTLK and it caused a good deal of bugs, thus it's not something we plan on touching again anytime soon. Not to mention, as Rensin said, the Horde and Alliance are at war with each other. Why would they trust someone who could be a potential spy? Not to mention papers can be forged, so that gives them no reason to trust someone with a piece of paper.

Your character can be neutral, but you just cannot enter the opposing sides town.
I don't mean the towns. I mean the areas around them.
The same principle still applies. Technically, there's nothing stopping you from creeping around enemy zones as it, just expect a CW if you get spotted by guards or Alliance players. As of right now, however, we do not plan on changing character factions nor allowing people to switch faction sides. The best bet is to stick to neutral zones for more RP opportunities or perhaps trying to start up some RP in an area the character you want to play can access.

Or, alternatively, creating a new character that can fit in with the RP that's going on at the moment.
There are neutral areas for a reason. The whole world shouldn't change for one man. However the way you interact with others and how they will respond is your own choice.
(06-21-2013, 01:19 PM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]This was attempted back on the WOTLK and it caused a good deal of bugs

Good times, that...

[Image: 7Q7sFj1.jpg]

Good times...

[Image: 1ouW7PL.jpg]
(06-21-2013, 03:30 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2013, 01:19 PM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]This was attempted back on the WOTLK and it caused a good deal of bugs

Good times, that...
Spoiler:
[Image: 7Q7sFj1.jpg]

Good times...

[Image: 1ouW7PL.jpg]

Oh God. I remember that. Funny thing is, is Kilik -never- had any alterations made to him. I somehow broke him through normal gameplay so that ALL female Alliance leaders were cool with him, and I could do Alliance quests. Fun times indeed...