Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've never been much of a WoW player, but I have plenty of roleplay experience to compensate for that fact. Been actively doing it for about five or six years, if my memory serves me right. Half of that time was spent in command of various IC factions and organizations - a hellishly stressful exercise, but a good exercise nonetheless, in every sense of the word. I might sound somewhat jaded and cynical at times, but I don't really mean any harm.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Romania. My primary language is, evidently, Romanian, but I believe I can speak English quite fluently regardless of that.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I truly, honestly, genuinely do not remember. I'd imagine someone pestered me about it until I gave it a shot, since that's how I usually get into everything I do.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

My old friend Dug kept discussing it rather insistently. I was eventually convinced to take a look and I liked what I saw, so here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy most types of roleplay, though, of course, I have my own preferences. I like to think I'm made for the what I consider to be the 'passive' kinds of combat RP, those being command (both small and large scale), intrigue and so on. I have a particular taste for espionage and that sort of RP, but I don't quite expect this kind of activity to fit in every environment.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race would be somewhere between human and worgen, though I believe human would be best for my current purposes. I've never cared much for elves, trolls, and such. As for the class, I believe rogue is my favorite, due to its mechanics and the reasons listed in the previous question.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To keep it concise, I expect a mature community and a (OOCly) peaceful environment for roleplay. I have very little love for OOC drama and arrogance.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I'd say I'm most fond of the section on "humility". As I've previously mentioned, I am not exactly a fan of arrogance.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

As he passed, Andius shook his head whilst the merchant was still filling the ears of passers-by with nonsense about the quality of his "dragon leather" undergarments. It was obviously a cheap trick to con fools into throwing away their hard-earned coppers, and Andius didn't even feel that it was worth the effort of a rebuke.

Shielding his face from the burning sun, he went for the nearby pier, ignoring the merchant's rambling. He always loved the sight of large ships, always had, ever since he was but a boy. His father always took him sailing on their small fishing boat, and Andius always dreamed of having his very own vessel and sailing off towards the distant horizon, leaving all that he knew behind. As he gazed at the endless sea ahead, he found his hands instinctively drawn to the dagger concealed underneath his garments, its cold and smooth texture bringing him comfort. Tonight, he thought, bloody or not, he would earn the gold to fulfill his dreams, or he would die trying.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

My thanks for your time, otherwise, nothing.
Hello there, Doomburger (interesting name)! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Hail to ye, friend of Dug!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
The man himself. Welcome Doom :3