Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello! I'm Blairin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, fighting creatively has always appealed to me. Instead of just, stabbing at someone, I would rather attempt to kick them roughly backwards, try to send them spinning into a table. As for myself, I’m a very laid back and agreeable guy. I don’t feel the need to push things onto others, and I can accept when I am beaten, I just want to make sure that everyone has fun when we roleplay, rather than leave sour faced.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and I speak English as my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Interestingly enough, I don’t remember. I bought the game back in Burning Crusade in the box, but I don’t remember how or why I did it. When I was searching for a server, I just saw that weird Roleplay type that was different than anything else, and I decided, what the heck. Unfortunately, that server was Moonguard… and I had to endure Goldshire. But after I got out of Elwynn forest, and found some who were decent at Roleplaying, I had a wonderful time.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you after I got tired of the constant grind of WoW, and I decided that a private Roleplaying server was the way to go, as in for anything in particular, you just seem like a well knit community of good people!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a nice fight, whether it be against non-existent enemies that are being DM’d, or against other players, I love to see the outcomes and how people use their characters abilities and personalities to get to the points they need to get to.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class combination would have to be a gnome rogue, although I will probably not be playing it. They just seem so funny to me, like they are just biting at your ankles until you come crashing down.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to be filled with people who can RP competently and treat other people with the respect that is due.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules that appeals to me most is Respect. Far too many times on WoW, or any game in particular, that some select people treated others like dirt just because they either had more items than them or couldn't do something as well. When I read that rule, I felt for certain this would be a good place.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Blaine walked into the grime-stained bar and kicked a stray bottle out of his way. He was outraged that his contact had asked him to meet in a place of such low class. As Blaine sauntered up to the bar, arrogance flowing out of him like a wave of smugness, the locals looked up, their faces none too happy with the intrusion from the outsider. Blaine felt the stares from all sides of him, but chose to ignore them, feeling that they were below him. Blaine took a seat at the bar and called the barkeep, saying, “Get me your strongest drink.” He took a silver coin out of his pocket and slapped it down on the bar. The barkeep stared back at him with an amused grin, causing Blaine’s face to twist in confusion. Blaine swiveled his bar stool around to see the entirety of the bar behind him, none of them looking happy. Blaine snorts, “What do you want?” trying to keep his face as fearless as possible in the face of the unhappy locals. One local who seemed to be the leader figure stepped forward and spit on the ground near Blaine and said, “We don’t like your kind around here.” He took another step towards Blaine menacingly and drew his sword. Blaine waited patiently as the man slowly approached him, his eyes locked on the man like a predator to its prey. When the man got in striking range, Blaine jumped onto the top of his bar stool, surprising the leader, and promptly kicked him between the eyes with the toe of his boot, sending him flying back into his cronies. One of the locals, outraged by Blaine’s sudden attack on his leader, threw his bottle by the neck at Blaine. The bottle smashed onto Blaine’s right shoulder and showered the floor with shards of glass, cutting his unprotected right arm as it rained down. The others, following his lead, began to throw bottles at Blaine, still shocked from the initial blow. Thinking quickly, he jumped behind the bar and covered his head as the bottles smashed into the wall behind him and began covering the floor with the small, sharp, and transparent crystals. After a minute or two of the seemingly non-stop onslaught, they stopped. He heard a gruff voice say, “We've run out of bloody bottles!” Blaine, always one to gloat, stood up from behind the bar and said, “What a waste of good glass.” He looked at all of their enraged faces, and noticed someone standing at the door of the bar, shaking his head in laughter. It was his contact, the man who had set up this meeting. His laughter had caught the attention of all the locals, distracting them long enough for Blaine to slip out from behind the bar and out the back door, no one but the paintings on the wall a witness to his escape.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
“We don’t like your kind around here.” <- I am so sorry about that corny line.
Hello there, Blairin! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Oh, but we DO like your kind around here! :D

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Oh dear, moonguard... I visited it once, it was awful. well, welcome to a REAL roleplay server. You'll like it here.
Moonguard isn't all bad. It's just Goldshire/Silvermoon that's... well.