Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kimaira's The Arcane Thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A group from Royal Stormwind Society of Science set off from the harbor of Stormwind in order to perform few tests on arcane magic on a secluded island. However, the group of scientists never returned. Now the Stormwind City has decided to perform an rescue operation on these scientists. However, man power as a resource is scarce during times of the Shattering, and so Stormwind's higher ups came up with a clever plan of hiring volunteers to be sent on this mission to scout the island, secure its camp and bring back the missing scientists. Commanding Lt. Commander Rayleigh King Law to gather a group of volunteers to be sent on this mission.

Kimaira Presents

The Arcane Thing

--- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / --- -- -. .. ..- ... / -- ..- ... .. -.-.

About:

Your character is part on an rescue team sent off onto an island, upon arriving the camp of the scientists you were supposed to rescue, you notice they are nowhere in sight. This was supposed to be clean and simple: find them, and bring them back job.... But the truth is everything else. From the research notes you notice this is not just a plain secluded island, but Test Ground Arcane Force Two. As creeping suspicion of an experiment horribly gone wrong, you along the group decide to return to the ship and sail home, only to notice upon arrival to the harbor that your ship has been sunk, along with all the supplies. Lucky you, there is a lighthouse for emergency signals, but it appears to have been sabotaged. Soon enough, anyone possessing magical capabilities notice their powers fading, soon to be incapable of acting. Any potential hunter's pets jump from the island, into the sea and start swimming towards the endless horizon of the raging sea.

Now, you and the others have become the ones to be rescued, only to notice day by day the truth behind the truth, and the horrors within. (Also there is some truth behind the events name)

Duration:
Two weeks non-stop. I am trying to get the script for all the days done and to find few volunteers (Yes, you) to join me in pulling this off
(Note: The duration for Horde characters is 10 days)

The event is to be scheduled to start sometime (Soon tm).

Rules:
* Server rules apply
* No metagaming / godmoding or the like
* Respect of others and their limits
* By participating in the event you knowingly place your character on risk of severe injury or possible death
* All potential OOC drama is to be solved after the event. (Let's not ruin the mood of the others, mhm?)
* Your character will be stuck on the island for two weeks, don't send him or her off and return to the island when you feel like it
* Action and reaction; Your actions will held consequences, and that is to be kept in mind
* You are not allowed to add additional plot twists without the permission of the events holder (this is to avoid chaos)

Important notice! The event will include violence, distressing scenes, potential gore and other material not suitable for the ages of 18 or less.

[Image: violence.gif][Image: fear.gif][Image: discrimination.gif][Image: bad_language.gif]

Sign ups are open (Even though the event's exact date is currently unscheduled, but I promise, it will be up there soon).

*Since the area is open to anyone; Those characters not in the character list by the start of the RP are best to be ignored completely if on the island.

You can enlist your characters by PM'ing Kimaira (Op).

The Enlistment form:

Quote:Character in-game name:
Race:
Class:
Special mentions:
Checklist (Mark by X if you agree):
My character can die in the event:
My character can be seriously injured (to even extend of maimed):
I do not mind the potential disturbing material:
I wish to be especially mentioned to skip parts that include disturbing material:

HIRING FEW VOLUNTEERS TO HELP ME PULL THIS OFF (AND A VOLUNTEER GM WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE AS WELL!

The Enlisted:

Alliance:
Anrielle (Evaszion)

Horde:
Celen (Stealthscout)
Sir! I do believe this might be poor timing, as another two-week-long event just came to its conclusion. Perhaps it would be wise to wait a bit, and let everyone recover from that?
(07-09-2013, 02:26 PM)Xigo Wrote: [ -> ]Sir! I do believe this might be poor timing, as another two-week-long event just came to its conclusion. Perhaps it would be wise to wait a bit, and let everyone recover from that?

Hmh, thought about that as well... Perhaps it will give me time to improve the script a little bit.

The thing is that my time is rather limited, as I am unsure of how much free time I have after a month or two.
I'm interested, but unfortunately the time period is holding me back. Two weeks is a LONG time and anything can pop up to cause someone such as myself to become busy.

Also, can you elaborate "Special mentions" ?
If there is anything special to mention, or something to be absolutely stressed about the character when he/she is signed up.

At most if people are busier than ever, its doable to drop the events duration slight, however I feel like the bare minimum would be 9 days.
Can you talk a little more about what sort of "mood" or content you're expecting?
Also, what is your timezone, and when are you usually on and able to DM this?

I'm available more at late night, at EST.
(07-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Can you talk a little more about what sort of "mood" or content you're expecting?

My time-zone is GMT+2:00. But I really have no trouble holding it during a time that's convenient for most.

The content of the mood, well if you look at the script its half a mystery, half a thriller / horror movie.
(07-10-2013, 08:50 PM)Kimaira Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Can you talk a little more about what sort of "mood" or content you're expecting?

My time-zone is GMT+2:00. But I really have no trouble holding it during a time that's convenient for most.

The content of the mood, well if you look at the script its half a mystery, half a thriller / horror movie.

I suppose the consent form is a bit imposing; is the emphasis more on mystery or more on feeling survival-horror? Basically, how traumatizing for the characters do you expect this event to be? I'm not sure which of two characters would be better suited to this event...
(07-10-2013, 09:03 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2013, 08:50 PM)Kimaira Wrote: [ -> ]

I suppose the consent form is a bit imposing; is the emphasis more on mystery or more on feeling survival-horror? Basically, how traumatizing for the characters do you expect this event to be? I'm not sure which of two characters would be better suited to this event...

Without revealing too much, the emphasis is on the mystery. For survival game we've got the kidnapped, and for that reason I want to emphasize the mystery part more, whilst gradually building up the horror side. Some characters will most likely be traumatized, depending on their luck on the events as there are some parts in the script that makes some characters weak on the stomach for sure, or someones head just cannot handle it.

The disclaimer of character health and possibilities like is just a warning to make sure everyone understands that it could possibly be their character, so people are aware of the situation.
QQ... I am 16...
(07-11-2013, 02:55 AM)Stealthscout Wrote: [ -> ]QQ... I am 16...

Scout, I do not enforce the age. I just warned you you're about to encounter some spooky adult material. Adult, material.
Oh, in that case... I'll consider signing up with Celen...
Quote:Important notice! The event will include violence, distressing scenes, potential gore and other material not suitable for the ages of 18 or less.

I am curious what you mean by "other material." While excessive violence and gore is permitted on coth (though you may want to warn others before you start emoting such), we are generally supposed to keep the rp at a PG-13 level.
(07-12-2013, 01:51 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Important notice! The event will include violence, distressing scenes, potential gore and other material not suitable for the ages of 18 or less.

I am curious what you mean by "other material." While excessive violence and gore is permitted on coth (though you may want to warn others before you start emoting such), we are generally supposed to keep the rp at a PG-13 level.

Adding on to this; anything that isn't PG-13 needs to be asked permission with the players concerned before it happens at all, and should always happen in private channels (whispers, Party chat). No blanket warnings for things like these.
(07-12-2013, 02:28 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2013, 01:51 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: [ -> ]

Adding on to this; anything that isn't PG-13 needs to be asked permission with the players concerned before it happens at all, and should always happen in private channels (whispers, Party chat). No blanket warnings for things like these.

That is the main reason for the sign ups to checkbox whether the player is fine with such questionable material.

And the other material is just, material others may find disturbing, the typical spider logo.

Added Pegi ratings to the post.
Pages: 1 2