Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Banner Bearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking through the Guild Rewards and noticed you can place a battle Standard/Banner down. I recall in the DK starting area you was able to carry the banner of the Scourge on your back as you fought at Lights Hope, like so:

[Image: Scourge_Banner-Bearer.jpg]

I was wondering if perhaps there was a way to implement a wearable Battle Standard (Possible a Shirt) that you could wear on your back that displays your guilds tabard display. It could add a good immersive feel to battle in RP in my opinion.
Sadly, I think even the guild ones/the guild pets are sorta not working right now.
Yeah, guild items aren't working out that well.
Well, I wasn't exactly saying make it a guild item or like the banner bearer, but as an item your char could wear that displayed the banner or something similar.
There are some banners purchaseable on GMI, like Horde banners. They are trinket items and do show on the back.
What is GMI?
(Noob alert.)
GMI is Game Master Island, our OOC/vendor zone.
oh. Whoops.
If you're unsure how to get there; when you roll a character, you should notice a little purple portal nearby in the starter area (unless you're a worgen, then it's a large blueish one right infront of you). Click on it, select neutral hubs, then GMI.

Sometimes people encounter phasing issues, where they can't see a good number of people or NPCs. This is fixed either by relogging, waiting about half a minute, then logging back in. Or! Running across the water to a blue wall that marks the end of the GMI zone.

Apologies if I derailed!
(07-22-2013, 07:26 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Or! Running across the water to a blue wall that marks the end of the GMI zone.

You also have to run back to GMI after this. Thought it might be a good thing to toss in.
(07-22-2013, 07:26 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]If you're unsure how to get there; when you roll a character, you should notice a little purple portal nearby in the starter area (unless you're a worgen, then it's a large blueish one right infront of you). Click on it, select neutral hubs, then GMI.

Sometimes people encounter phasing issues, where they can't see a good number of people or NPCs. This is fixed either by relogging, waiting about half a minute, then logging back in. Or! Running across the water to a blue wall that marks the end of the GMI zone.

Apologies if I derailed!

No, I've been pretty active on the server for awhile now. I just didn't know what GMI stood for.

(07-22-2013, 07:05 PM)Jonoth Wrote: [ -> ]There are some banners purchaseable on GMI, like Horde banners. They are trinket items and do show on the back.

Where would those be?
The tabard seller on the first floor. Its some of the last items in his inventory.