Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Is Sylvanas being affected by the Old Gods?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now, I'm not talking about C'thun or anyone confirmed by lore. However, as it is (roughly 8,000 years ago), the (now) Blood Elves first landed in Tirisfal, but many of them went insane and they fled to Quel'thalas. Now, Sylvanas is the leader of the Forsaken and has been primarily in Tirisfal for the past 10 years. Over this time, she has gotten considerably more ruthless in her tactics, culminating in the use of both the Val'kyr and the Plague in Cataclysm. So, my theory is that whatever is beneath Tirisfal has been slowly corrupting Sylvanas throughout the years.

What are all of your thoughts on this?
...Considering what happened with Garrosh? Why the heck not, Blizzard.
Blizz's last expansion an way to level 100 better have you fighting titans and old gods.

So... sure. I mean, Yogg-Saron has his saronite junkies, eh?
CDev Round 3 confirms there is no Old God in Tirisfal, but there is something. Why is that 'something' hurting Sylvanas but King Menethil was, from all appearances, just dandy?
(07-23-2013, 02:25 PM)Mathias Wrote: [ -> ]CDev Round 3 confirms there is no Old God in Tirisfal, but there is something. Why is that 'something' hurting Sylvanas but King Menethil was, from all appearances, just dandy?

I'd imagine the thing could only affect Elves, which is why Humans settled there in the first place. Sylvanas may be dead, but she's still an Elf, and would likely still be affected.
Blizzard logic is so sound. Why wasn't Lordaeron humans already mad? Hnggh.

I think she just has her panties in a wad.
Arguing with Blizzard and Metzen is heresy of the highest count, and is subject to your WoW account being banned. Any attempt to point out the flaws in the amazing writings of Blizzard or Metzen is subject to kidnapping, and then your WoW account being banned. Any attempt to argue such charges will result in all of your gear sold, and your gold given away to beggers. Every last one of them. While you watch. And they read you all of their whispers. While imitating pinky and perky.

Sarcasm aside, I don't even pay attention to WoW's writing anymore. It's gotten so overboard and over the top with inconsistencies and just plain bad writing, it's just going to give you a headache trying to make sense out of it. See me, I've gone over to new masters: Games Workshop. Warhammer 40k is my main addiction currently. They're not any better mind you (what with Necrons and Blood Angels working together, thank you Matt...) At least we can ignore all the terrible writings of writers like Matt Ward our spiritual liege.
Quote: (what with Necrons and Blood Angels working together, thank you Matt...)

And you call yourself Alpharius. I am shamed.

It does make sense, with the new Necron fluff. It didn't at the time.

That aside.

Old God, I hope not. We kinda have that with Garrosh. I'd really like to see this just being her doing whatever she thinks she has to in order to secure the best position for herself and the Forsaken, so she can omg not die, since she's terrified of that now. I'd be a bit disappointed to see another "Bwhahaha she's just been corrupted!"

I am interested to see what's hiding in Tirisfal, though.
(07-23-2013, 02:48 PM)alpharius Wrote: [ -> ]it's just going to give you a headache trying to make sense out of it.

Have you ever heard of this little RPG called World of Darkness? No, not the new one, that's not nearly as mindnumbing as oWoD/cWoD.
Actually isn't there suppose to be an old god in Tirisfal? I thought that's what was in the western area under that mountain? A prison or something?
(07-23-2013, 02:11 PM)Rensin Wrote: [ -> ]Blizz's last expansion an way to level 100 better have you fighting titans and old gods.

So... sure. I mean, Yogg-Saron has his saronite junkies, eh?

I'd love to see this. Humanity, elves, orcs, trolls, etc. moving from the clay to it's sculptors, becoming gods themselves.

... Even if it means Tirion / Thrall / Varian / someone else is the ONLY ONE in a cutscene and takes all of the credit for themselves, even though they did absolutely nothing when fighting Aman'Thul aside from yell "FOR THE ALLIANCE/HORDE!"
I predict next expansion being the Emerald Nightmare with that one Old God (forgot his name). The one that controlled Deathwing.
(07-23-2013, 02:52 PM)JVNemesis Wrote: [ -> ]And you call yourself Alpharius. I am shamed.

It does make sense, with the new Necron fluff. It didn't at the time.

Don't question my loyalty punk!

I mean, kind of sort of, but not really. Why the crons work with the Blood Angels, yes, why the Blood Angels didn't horribly mutilate the crons afterwards? No. The blood angels should have gone back and killed them. Brutally. Not just been like 'eh, whatever, we're going home.' So, you know, bad on our spiritual liege.

Quote: Have you ever heard of this little RPG called cWoD or oWoD?

classic world of darnkess and old world of darkness? Never. Got a link I can look at?
(07-23-2013, 02:57 PM)alpharius Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Have you ever heard of this little RPG called cWoD or oWoD?

classic world of darnkess and old world of darkness? Never. Got a link I can look at?

Truthfully, it doesn't get too bad until you reach Grandmother's area and try to understand it then. Otherwise, have fun.
In all honesty, it's likely the case that Sylvannas is just too troubled by what Arthas did to her years ago, and likewise now that he is dead, like Maeiv Shadowsong and illidan, Sylvannas has no real nemesis. She is likely just suffering from the fact that she still is what she is. It's obvious recruiting ex Scourge forces into the Forsaken are taking its toll, reason why Garrosh disapproved.

Though I still want to know what happened to Koltira and Thassarian.
Pages: 1 2