Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Installing Cataclysm 4.3.4a
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey! I'm a new user, and, after I passed through all the... Well, regristration things, I looked into installing the game. I found the guide on the forums posted by Noble, and followed it, though I ran into a tiny problem.

I took the link in the post and got the archived torrent. Using uTorrent, I downloaded it into a folder on my desktop, as trying to download it to anywhere else would result in uTorrent saying something along the lines of, "Cannot find specified path." So, I got the folder installed onto my desktop, and... Well, there's no RAR anything, really. I tried opening WinRAR to extract it anyway, and it said there were no archives to be extracted. I tried running WoW.exe, and it said the following :

"This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal condition!
Program: E:\Program Files (x86)\Conquest of the Horde (what I named the file I extracted it into)\Warcraft Cataclysm 4.3.4a (the folder containing all the stuff)\WoW.exe
ProcessID: 16464

Failed to open required archive Data/wow-update-base-15211.MPQ with error : 5

Streaming Status: Data Rdy

Wow.mfil download error: failed to create file 'WoW.mfil'
Manifest if Valid

Press OK to terminate the application."

I saw the Readme in the torrented version itself saying to place extract the contents into my main WoW folder (NOT Conquest of the Horde version), but, again, I can't extract with RAR whatsoever. I changed the realmlist, yet nothing really seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I cut+pasted the folder (Conquest of the Horde, the one that contains the downloaded torrent) into me E:\ drive after seeing it wouldn't work on Desktop. Just cause. Everything was moved fine - nothing was lost
Ok start Utorrent, go to piratebay.se and find the cataclysm 4.3.4 and just hit download this torrent and click yes or ok on the next box and it should be good. It's how I did it.

From there just change realmlist and log on. P.S. mine is just in my downloads folder under documents.
Take a look at this thread - the same error occurs with that person.
The young Kretol strikes again.
(07-28-2013, 07:16 PM)Demigod204 Wrote: [ -> ]The young Kretol strikes again.

Refer to my avatar for my expression in response to this comment!
Aww ok
Well, I followed the guide that was in that post word for word (as far as I can understand - maybe I'm just dumb, haha) numerous times... Same effect. Tried both the archived and unarchived version. Same exact problem as I had in my first post. All times. Hope it's not bothersome to ask, but, still, I'd ask that anyone who might have any insight on how to fix this would help. I have two small questions, though, that I may be doing wrong with the torrenting, or file placement, and maybe answers to those could be why it's not working.

Is there something odd I'm supposed to be doing with the torrent? Like, special settings for it, or anything like that? Not used to torrenting things, so, I'm not entirely too savvy with torrent-knowledge.

AND, am I supposed to place the files inside my WoW 5.3.0 (the current Live patch) folder? I was keeping them seperate in hopes of having two versions of WoW, essentially - one live and one Conquest of the Horde, but... If I can't, well. (By which I mean just moving all the files - again, as I said at the top, there are no RAR files to extract anywhere inside the torrent, even though it seems to be, from what people have said, that there should be.)

Any support would be appreciated, once again. Thank you.
I'm having the same issue

I downloaded game cilent from the link

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...sm-Updates

Then put the batch file (Run once) In the Wow folder

Then try to run (Wow.exe)

and it instantly crashes.
Have you folks tried doing this?

(07-12-2013, 05:10 PM)Evaszion Wrote: [ -> ]1) Delete the current CotH you have.
2) Download bitTorrent @ http://www.bittorrent.com/
3) Download one of two files @ http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-4a-15595
4) Follow this handy guide here: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...ide-for-PC

I apologise if you both already have, I just thought I'd pop this out here so it'd be quick and easy to see!
Delete 15gigs of wow trying tr torrent again

I never had to upzip but still Wow.exe crashes on Launch
(08-04-2013, 08:36 AM)Ogbar Wrote: [ -> ]Delete 15gigs of wow trying tr torrent again

I never had to upzip but still Wow.exe crashes on Launch

Do you happen to get an error message of any sort?
[Image: Stepone_zps09567d36.jpg]

[Image: Test2_zpsd76b032b.jpg]
(08-04-2013, 08:58 AM)Ogbar Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler:
[Image: Stepone_zps09567d36.jpg]

[Image: Test2_zpsd76b032b.jpg]

*Scratches head* Hrm. I'll admit to knowing nothing about how these sort of things work, so I'll also direct you to look here and see if this fix can help you. If that cannot, someone else more knowledgeable will have to try and help.
I'm in, A quick restart did it!
I tried what you suggested, Rini. Thanks for suggesting it, though. I'll download the torrent again and try what you linked to about restarting it, though. I'll post later if my... 5 billionth attempt is finally successful. *Crosses fingers.*
Pages: 1 2