Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: No bra texture on tattoos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, when I put tattoos on, and take off the shirt, there's no bra. Yep, totally topless. Can you fix this, or at LEAST add nipples? I mean, it'd be a lot less weird than the Barbie thing. Or just add a bra. Either or.
The tattoos reach down into model-specifics, which aren't easily, if all, changed. That's like changing a hood to show hair when it's equipped.
It's not easy, to say it short.
I wouldn't think this is a very -big- problem.. I mean they're just...how often are you topless, anyways?
Doesn't quite line up to me as a -serious- problem.
(But, I mean, Barbies aren't always bad.)
At the least adding nipples wouldn't be hard. And different RP situations (doesn't have to be sexual, you know) can result in toplessness, and it really looks silly with the Barbie doll thing. And before you complain about nudity, I'd say the lack of nipples is 100 times more noticeable then.. I don't know, normal human anatomy?
I'm going to point out that I do not think we can change models unless we implemented a server patch, which we generally try to avoid.

That, and we strive to be PG-13. I would rather go with barbie-doll anatomy. You can change things on your own side, but I would rather not see this happen to the server.
And RP is focused around imagination.
Go ahead, image two little nipples.
Problem solved, hassle free.

I mean people will pretend they're there ICly..
Nobody is just going to stop in the middle of an RP;
"Say, miss, you seem nice...but where are your nipples?"

May be coming off as rude. But as I said, doesn't seem a very serious problem.
How is women having nipples not PG-13? Do age-appropriate women lack them? Odd.
I dont see the point in adding that. I put everything that happens in RP to my imagination because it seems cooler there (Especially fights) so it isn't a big issue.
Just because you don't see the point in something doesn't mean it can't be added. Adding the bra texture over top the tattoo models wouldn't be very hard and it would increase immersion that little bit.
(08-05-2013, 11:50 PM)ProjectRandom Wrote: [ -> ]How is women having nipples not PG-13? Do age-appropriate women lack them? Odd.

It's a standard in western culture (mostly the US) that women's breasts are considered to be a sexual part and as such top-nudity is generally discouraged from family friendly spaces.
Considered by whom exactly? Do we have to adopt American "standards" into our rules, or just accept that women have nipples and that's just fact, or can we just have working textures instead of having a debate over it? If not, it'd probably be best to just remove tattoos altogether.

Also, I get this isn't really important enough to argue over, but seriously though, how are breasts sexual, and why would you even consider them such?
Look, it doesn't have to do with standards or -anything-.
Altering a model in that degree takes a lot of effort that can just simply be saved.
It's -not a huge problem-.
Yes. People have nipples. But tattoos prevent it for SOME REASON.
If it irks you, maybe you aren't about that tattoo life.
(08-06-2013, 12:08 AM)ProjectRandom Wrote: [ -> ]Considered by whom exactly? Do we have to adopt American "standards" into our rules, or just accept that women have nipples and that's just fact, or can we just have working textures instead of having a debate over it? If not, it'd probably be best to just remove tattoos altogether.

Also, I get this isn't really important enough to argue over, but seriously though, how are breasts sexual, and why would you even consider them such?

That topic itself by nature is a political debate and we usually refrain from discussing politics on the forums. I am just going to say that it's simply the rules, as we also have rules against posting top nudity (or any nudity) to the forums as well.

Seeing how the implementation is not feasible I do not see the benefit of trying to start up this kind of discussion. I am just going to say that the server is based in the US, and has tried to follow the basic standards that would make it accessible for those 13 and older.
This topic becoming too political and heated, and the discussion of politics is against the server under the Language Rule.

Quote:We also request that things like OOC politics and religion not be discussed directly on the server or forums. There are plenty of places to have intelligent conversations about these topics on the internet, and we have no interest in the OOC drama it inevitably breeds. We don't mind if you discuss it elsewhere but leave this baggage at the door when you come to CotH.

If you wish to continue the discussion regarding explicitly displayed nipples on WoW models, please take it privately to PMs. If you wish to legitimately present the option of fully nude models in CotH, take it to Private Discussion.

I am otherwise locking this thread.