Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: One Handed Staffs for Warmages/Battlemages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking around in Hearthglen and noticed the Kirin Tor Battle Mages being able to wield a staff and sword simultaneously like in the link below:

http://spicytunas.com/wp-content/uploads...mage-2.jpg

Due to my character (And I know a few others are Warmages/Battlemages) being a Battle Mage, I've wanted to be able to show I am one by wielding both of a staff and a sword at the same time. It gets hard sometimes to express this, but I was wondering if Kretol had the power to implement one handed staffs into the game, my most desired being this one as I am currently using it for my Battle Mage Gray:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/imag...048_20.jpg

I know it may seem silly to ask, but I think it would give more diversity to the style of other Mages and allow others to clearly see what path they have took. Another reason is because I have seen Battle Mages that either use a staff or a single sword. If a Mage uses a staff alone, people may think it is just a Mage and cause IC and OOC confusion with RP. Same thing with Mages using a single sword, the fact that a Battle Mage requires to wield a staff to gain their power upon the field.

I hope this request doesn't come to much of trouble to anyone, I simply am curious as to whether this can be done or not.

And yes, I know there ARE Off Hand weapons that are like staffs, but sometimes the designs are off putting and not as diverse.
So much yes.
I have a mage that doesn't even use a staff because she has runic tattoos so she draws her power that way. So I think it's a great idea to have some versatility in our mages besides "wear dresses, cast spells."
Indeed. And the fact that with this a true War-Mage can feel like a War-Mage because looking at them makes the person thinks "He certainly looks the part now!" and so on.
Wellllllll though it does not show when it is sheathed, there are a few off handed staffs that one could use :3
Quote:And yes, I know there ARE Off Hand weapons that are like staffs, but sometimes the designs are off putting and not as diverse.

Yes, but like I said, there are some Mages (Like mine) that have certain styles in terms of clothing etc. Some people don't find these Off Hand Staffs appealing. This is why I suggested this thread.
It'd be lovely if these staves could be visible on the character's back, as well.

If that's possible, of course.
(08-08-2013, 05:24 PM)Edgar Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be lovely if these staves could be visible on the character's back, as well.

If that's possible, of course.

It may be possible, though I don't recall how easy it is to do. Most off-hand frills just don't show up sheathed at all. @Kretol would be needed to answer the question.

Also, there's quite a few off-hand staff-frills in the game already. If you want a good list, look at the first comment here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=15928/silver...d#comments

Now, that said...the problem I see in this request is then we have to make somewhat arbitrary decisions on what to make as off-hand staffs or not. If we were to go this route, we'd probably pick fairly generic and simple looking ones that are more likely to fit more universally, as opposed to some of the more flashy ones. If we could make the staffs that aren't visible off-hand actually visible when sheathed, I'd say it'd remove any real need to make new items.