Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A couple new things for the wiki!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mainly, I found/modified some fun things to read for the "Creating a Character" section of the wiki. As we're all going to be re-designing our characters, it would be beneficial to check these out!

The Top 7 Lazy Character Clichés - Hilarious, but also something to keep in mind!

The CotH Mary Sue Limitus Test - Modified from the original Mary Sue limitus test. Should be taken with a grain of salt, but watch those scores!
Hee. That was fun.
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-la...385086/p-7

I have yet to see one...

Edit - Oh wait...
That Mary Sue guide is pretty good. I laughed a lot at the video game cliches though, I've seen/tried to pass off a few of those in my time. It was far enough from the vest to be more amusing that disturbing.

On another note, when I looked at that Mary Sue test I actually had serious thoughts about hanging out with Kaghuros... I might actually enjoy talking to him despite the un-translatable drawl and overall poorly-hidden violence he embodies.
I made up an orc character a while back, and did the test for him, I was *very* serious about making him a fatty orc, and I would have ended up with -1 points! I did the test for the redid profile and now It's floating around 2-5'ish. (Unable to answer some questions like "If someone called them a Mary Sue" seeing how it hasn't happened.)

Lot's of fun, thanks!
Viik scored a 13, sweet. Some of it was er.. Untrue, in a way, like he saved a character, by getting a doctor in time, should I add points for stuff like that? :D
I'm pretty sure saving a life by getting a doctor is pretty mundane, so probably not. Plus, it's the doctor that did the saving.

I dunno for sure, though, there are a number of ways to look at it. Grammatically speaking, the question is "Does", hinting that it's your character's thing, not just a fluke or singular occurrence. Or maybe it's whether or not your character acts as a deus ex machina when trouble arises, to defy all laws of nature, logic, and ooc etiquitte to swoop in and play hero, for dramatic purposes.

So, yeah. It's only one point, so I wouldn't worry too much. (If we're comparing scores... -1. Thanks to being a fatty. Not that it matters much, since having a character that isn't a MS is only a small and relatively expected part of decent writing.)
It was a once in a lifetime thing, someone just happens to get their leg ripped apart. Pain, yadda yadda, happens to be a town nearby. This person happens to be a close friend of Viiks.. So..
Good Lawd. I got a 29!
But that's purely because of his name and his amnesia!
Besides, the name wasn't directly taken from a fantasy guy, I'd read a book, named my character Adolphus, but I couldn't remember where I'd heard that name, does that count?

Oh, and I was really surprised you have to add points for having a sibling that's your gender :?
Wait, for your character, or for you?
I'm good, 14!

Around that would be all my chars I think.

But I mean, you could add: Has no religion +some. Not give something because he has religion :?
Quote:Does the character share your religious beliefs? +1 (Add an extra point if the religion is not the norm for that race.)

That means if you, OOCly, follow shamanistic traditions (as it is a real-world belief system), and so does your character, plus one point. If your character is a Gnome, which do not normally follow shamanism, plus another point.

This also works for atheist/agnostic beliefs:

If you, OOCly, are atheist (as it is a real-world belief system), and so is your character, plus one point. If your character is a draenei, which are normally spiritual beings, plus another point.

Ta-daa!
You always have to change text color!

Alright I get it.

And how many points did you get?
I did mean for Adolphus, but I was wondering about how that name works, because without that he'd be a 9.
Hrr, +1 for Hogral!
Or +6 if you count the Coalbeard's as an "unknown Clan", but then again,
there's literally thousands of clans sorting under the Ironforge Clan. How would that work for point-counting purposes, I wonder?
Pages: 1 2 3