Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Skulldeath's Introduction, hope you like it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm not a very outgoing person in real life(working on it though), but when I was playing live WoW, I made many friends, so It'll probably not be too hard here either. I am usually the quiet type in the beginning, then I open up and become more active. I haven't played a persistent RP type thing, only meeting up with random people in similar things through other games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm Icelandic, but I speak English very well, and I prefer speaking it to Icelandic.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My uncle got it as soon as it came out, since he was all about the warcraft series, and I joined him not too long after wards.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Searched for WoW RP, found your rules, and you seem to be a great community, so that's that. You also use canon WoW lore, so I immediately went to check out your website and subsequently your rules, introduction thread, and more.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay. I haven't gotten a special type I prefer, since most of my RP experience comes from very few RP maps in Warcraft III and The Frozen throne, which wasn't bad, but not the best since many people I met were perverted and not very fun RP company.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren. Shaman is my main class, and I know lots of lore about all of these and most of the newer stuff in the WoW lore. Druid became my most played class for a while, and I like the entire one with nature thing, which they sort of share with the shaman. I like the Tauren because they are very into peace, which I am all for IRL.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Lots and lots of fun roleplay, friendly, respectful members, and general good stuff.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect regulation and maturity filter impresses me, since most servers don't bother with such stuff. So my hat's off to you, good sirs! Your rules and regulations all looked incredibly good.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Kailor walked into the nearby tavern with a distant look in his eyes, thinking of his former life, filling him with sadness and a desire to drown it in alcohol. He proceeded to sit town at the bar and say " barkeep, one flagon of your strongest ale, please". Waiting for the beverage, he took a quick look around the bar, seeing an apparent rogue quietly stealing a man's pouch of, presumably silver, or maybe copper, since the tavern was quite run-down, and in the other corners of the bar he saw mercenaries and sell swords in spades. As soon as Kailor was given his ale, he wandered to a nearby table, murmuring "thanks" and sitting down not too long after. He ordered lots of ale that night, and not too long after he paid for a room and went upstairs to go to sleep drunk, as had been his routine for the last few weeks.

The next morning Kailor woke up to shouting and lots of commotion downstairs in the bar area, so he proceeded to gear up as quickly as he could, taking his hammer and leather clothes, leaving his chain mail, and rush downstairs. When he got there he saw what looked to be a group of bandits, two orc's and a single blood elf, assaulting the barkeep, the blood elf was doing so verbally, and the orcs physically. Kailor immediately said, in a raised voice, "LET HIM GO!". The blood elf turned around, and ,with an annoyed look on his face, asked " who are you?". Kailor answered " I am Kailor of Durotar, and you?". The Blood elf said " You do not know who I am? I AM FINANDRIEL, SCOURGE OF THE EASTERN KINGDOMS! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME!?!". Kailor, who has a problem with blood elves, was angered further to find out he was also an egomaniac, a trait Kailor did not like in the least. Kailor answered " I dare because you are harrassing this innkeeper, who has given me access to his rooms and ale, which is not very respectful of you. Now if you leave immediately, I will let you go unscathed" " but if you insist on disrespecting him in his home, I will be forced to harm you and your companions". Finandriel responded by shouting "ATTACK HIM!", and then drawing his cutlass while charging alongside the orc's. Kailor sighed and took up his hammer waiting for the attack in a defensive stance. One of the orcs clumsily swung an axe at Kailor who easily dodged it, being more at home in battle than this group of bandits, apparently, and then slammed his elbow into the ribs of the orc, breaking some, and then delivering a finishing blow to the back of the orc's head. Finandriel shouted " VRADAK, AVENGE YOUR BROTHER!", to which the OCR still at Finandriel's side responded " DIE, ORC!", and he subsequently charged at Kailor. Kailor tried to dodge, but he got hit in the upper left arm, since being half-ogre doesn't exactly make you light on your feet. Luckily, it was just a glancing blow, leaving a long, shallow cut on him. Kailor responded by shouting "LOK'TAR OGAR!", all the while pointing his outstretched hand towards the orc. Lighting shot down his arm, through his fingers and the space between him and the orc, subsequently burning the area that was hit, and shocking Vradak's entire body, likely killing him. Kailor was rather worn out after that, but he tried not to show it. Finandriel's face had lost all it's color, and he immediately dropped his cutlass, shouting "DON'T KILL ME!". Kailor said " Leave! Now!". Finandriel ran out, leaving his now dead friends and his cutlass behind. As soon has he ran out Kailor took a stool out and sat on it, visibly tired out. The innkeeper thanked him, and, obviously shaken, said " th-th-the money you paid for the night, I-I'll give it back to you, as a reward." Kailor responded " No need for that, this is simply what any decent person would have done." then he stood up and walked upstairs, immediately going to sleep, since shooting lightning isn't easy on a shaman.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing really, other than I look forward to joining you!
Hey there, Skulldeath230, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

Again, welcome!
Zhaei