Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a cheerful and happy player, I enjoy helping others in any way that I am able to. When I first meet someone I tend to be fairly shy, but once I've grown to know others better I open up and become very outgoing to those I've grown close to. I've been a Roleplayer for more then 6 years now, starting with Dungeons and Dragons with close friends and then working into Warcraft games aswell as other games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the U.S. my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been playing Warcraft games since Warcraft 3, I've played in every Expansion of World of Warcraft upto Mist of Pandaria. I loved the old RTS games which brought me to Warcraft then spread to all the other blizzard made games.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found Conquest of the Horde on Google after looking for RPing servers. After looking through several other servers which all turned out to have died or moved past 3.3.5 I ended up here. The chance that there is still a 3.3.5 sever is what drew me here the most.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy many forms of roleplay, from tavern to adventuring. I've done Tavern setting RPing the most of the several forms I enjoy, others being Adventuring, light fighting, Romance, aswell as daily life RPing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race in Warcraft would have to be Harpies with second place falling to Blood Elves. Some of my favorite quests were set around dealing with Harpies, found them very interesting. Harpies evil or not I find as a very neat race, always flapping about everywhere. Blood Elves would be my favorite of the playable races though. The Blood Elves have a very interesting back story that catches my attention better then the other playable races. My favorite class would have to be the priest class, I enjoy being able to heal and protect my friends while avoiding intense combat myself.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of Conquest of the Horde is a fun Community with nice people to enjoy Roleplaying with. I hope to make and meet new friends and become a active member of the wold, getting into all sorts of fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The first Rule of being Respectful appeals to me the most, dealing with inmature and disrespectful people tends to ruin the fun of most roleplays or games. Being the number one rule I hope will help cut down on those problems and make this server much more enjoyable for all and myself.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
On a Sunny day on a cliff face rests a nest, not a well made nest but one made from all manner of things. From sticks, twigs, and leaves to string, bits of cloth, and feathers the nest seems barely holding together. At it's center rests a single large black egg, with a few twitches the egg shows to anything watching it that it is indeed filled with life.

A sudden gust of wind shakes the nest and the single egg within, rattling both and taking with it bits and parts of the nest itself. The egg twitches and shakes more before tiny cracks appear along it's surface. Tiny soft sounds can be herd from within as the cracks on the surface continue to grow and spread weakening the hard protective layer. Suddenly another gust of wind rushes over the nest and egg, the nest gives way letting the egg roll and fall free from its home to drop down the cliff face.

Passing by a cart pulled by a large beast of burden and it's owner travel along. Not knowing the fate of the small egg far above will soon become intertwined with their own. The sound of creaking wooden wheels and large feet pounding the ground drown out the sudden soft thump of the black cracking egg landing in the cart on a pile of dust hides. The carts owner stone faced and rugged doesn't hear the arrival of the egg, keeping his sight trained on the long dusty road ahead and the large stone and wooden walls in the distance just within view, his destination.

The egg twitches once more in it's new nest, small chips of shell falling to the dusty pelts it rests upon. Soft struggles and sounds from within drowned by the almost roar of the kart traveling down the dusty rocky road. A deep raspy deep voice can be herd calling out before the cart soon comes to a grinding sudden halt. The owner of the kart raises and climbs down from his perch, his old bones creaking and groaning with his age. He tends to his beast at the front of the cart first before returning to the cart and it's rear. The egg near it's breaking point twitches and rolls about before the owner owns the back gate the pelts sliding a small bit letting the egg roll downwards towards the ground!

The old one's eyes lock onto the foreign object as it rolls towards him. He reaches out his weathered hands just in time as the egg falls into them, it's hard protective shell bursts apart at the same time the dusty hides slide forwards on the cart's tail. A cloud of dust blooms blocking all view for a few moments before the old one looks down into his hands to see a newly born bright white feathered harpy chick. It gasps and sputters as the dust from the pelts surrounds it still. The old ones eyes look over the new born, weathered old hands holding it in the broken bits of egg shell. His rugged old face slowly turns from a gruff stoney look into a small smile. "Well well... what have we here, a stow away?" shes rough raspy voice sounds, catching the harpy chicks attention.

Tiny bright blue eyes pear up at the old face as the chick hears the question. Those bright blue eyes take in all the features of the old Orc who holds her, imprinting as its new parent. The old Orc's small smile widens a little more before he carries the young chick into his run down stone dwelling "It's been to many years since my old eyes have laid upon something so helpless in these lands." He speaks in that raspy old voice before setting the chick down in a old dusty wooden bowl lined with a pelt "Well don't fret, this will be your home now."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to get to become a member of Conquest of the Horde server and get to know many new people. Making new friends and having fun enjoyable Roleplays with them is my goal. For whom ever reads this thank you for taking the time to read my Introduction and getting to know about me a little better.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Heatblade717!

Your story was quite interesting and got me wondering what people would do if they happened across a harpy chick. Perhaps some would slay the chick on the spot to prevent the harpies from... well, doing their rumoured thing, or perhaps they'd raise the harpy as their own to attempt to guide it down a more favourable path? Really thought-provoking, I thought. Anyways!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
(09-05-2013, 07:39 AM)Rini Wrote: [ -> ]Your story was quite interesting and got me wondering what people would do if they happened across a harpy chick. Perhaps some would slay the chick on the spot to prevent the harpies from... well, doing their rumoured thing, or perhaps they'd raise the harpy as their own to attempt to guide it down a more favourable path? Really thought-provoking, I thought. Anyways!

I would adopt the harpy and breed with it.

ANYWAY, Welcome to the server! I hope that when I will have time I would be able to RP with you!
(09-06-2013, 02:17 AM)Stealthscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2013, 07:39 AM)Rini Wrote: [ -> ]Your story was quite interesting and got me wondering what people would do if they happened across a harpy chick. Perhaps some would slay the chick on the spot to prevent the harpies from... well, doing their rumoured thing, or perhaps they'd raise the harpy as their own to attempt to guide it down a more favourable path? Really thought-provoking, I thought. Anyways!

I would adopt the harpy and breed with it.

ANYWAY, Welcome to the server! I hope that when I will have time I would be able to RP with you!

Stealth is our resident horn dog, don't mind him.