Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xiro`s in shooting the introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, what can I say. I'm just a casual dude that loves roleplaying, loves writing and generally loves adventure and fantasy. Like some others that have such deep love for fantasy, I do also find reality quite boring, and am on the lookout for a more interesting place where I can unravel my imagination and bring my fantasies to life.

I enjoy playing guitar and am willing to learn a lot on my flyin` V.

I also enjoy parkour, cuz it keeps me running and my blood pumped.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm a Romanian citizen, and my primary language has to be Romanian. My second language is Spanish, that ranking English as my THIRD language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

At first, I've had no interest in warcraft whatsoever. But as soon as I've decided to give Warcraft 3 a shot, I felt something relating me to it. A while after, when WoW came out, I started playing and found out it's not a bad game, despite the graphics, which I used to find horrid. I still remember my days as a forsaken Warlock..

Anyway, later on, after having my first encounter with the Lich King, I grew so interested in the lore of this game that I've found myself staying on the wiki 22:00-7:00 and devouring the entire god damned thing! I became addicted to the music and lore and it now stands in my top 3 EVER lores, matching even the Lord of the Rings lore!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

My friend actually told me about this server, but I refused to create an introduction, long ago.

Today, as I was searching for roleplay server, I've found myself back here and the name was somewhy reminiscent. I then felt that "you had to do something here" and I instantly remembered the past. This time around I decided to leave a mark around.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, the favorite being the epic quest/campaign/battle roleplay. I've always enjoyed epic and deep lores such as Arthas' or Illidan's, and that's what I've always dreamed to encounter, whether I am the protagonist or just a part of it!

I also do enjoy romantic roleplay, even though that'll probably label me as a total nerd.

I don't really enjoy sitting in a bar telling stories to people, or anything having to do with crowds in general.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race has to be the Night Elf race, for their deep seeds of immortality, for being the creators of magic and the keepers of life, and literally being forest-protectors. Their union with the nature really touches my inner druid!

Besides that, I guess I'd say either humans, for their devotion and heroism, or Orcs, for the likes of Thrall.

The class, I'd have to either pick paladin lorewise, as they're the most honorable of knights and can thus have a ton of roleplay to be brought into (as they can ascend as both divine beings, such as the Ashbringer, or bringers of chaos, such as the Death Knights) or the assassin, as there has always been this part of me that screams for a bit of stealthy killing, speed and evasion.

Lore wise, though, it must be the Paladins.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I really am expecting to find what there should be found on any (and unfortunately isn't) roleplay server. Devoted and creative players, that are anything but short of imagination, mature people willing to help and, as per usual, since nothing has no flaws, people that are going to be less cheerful and supportive.

I hope I'm going to find myself immersed in the world of The Conquest of the Horde!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The maturity filter. I believe it really helps develop a healthy and prospering community: the less trolls, flamers and people unable to listen to those trying to help and the sort, the better off the others are going to be. That doesn't mean they aren't fun! That just means this sort of people know how to have fun without ruining others, and that's what we all should want.

The next would be the roleplaying rules, which allow for equal progression for anybody: you may get all the power you seek, but the question is whether you can!.. for before attaining said power, you must have the ability to subdue all that stands in your path.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Quick, brace yourself!," I heard, as I've been violently woken up from my dream world. I've had no time to react to the statement, as my body instantly processed it. Soon after, the ceiling crumbled and fell on top of me, and I've lost my consciousness.
I've found myself in a dark room, breathing heavily. The air was so thin I was one step away from suffocating -- but there was this one vague feeling I was getting. I thought I heard some noise. In that vast darkness, I wondered what could make any sort of noise? Must be my imagination! However, as soon as I've thought that, I realized I was stuck in a grave of heavy stone. What am I to do now? What is this place, and how comes I'm here, when a minute ago I was casually sleeping in my own bed?! Well, these are some questions I couldn't answer: but one thing was clear. That noise was getting louder, and it started sounding as if somebody was hammering down a recently cast iron. Not much longer and I started hearing a fade tone
"...in there!" is all that I could distinguish. The noise felt closer. It felt as if it was getting towards me, as if something was making it's way to me, and I couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Try moving!.. no luck. Dammit! But why doesn't it hurt? Oh, Interestingly enough, I can distinguish my pose. I wasn't struck and none of my bones was crushed or forced. I was sitting there, in a fetus position, in a confined box, hearing weird noises, and being unable to move a finger. "It must be a nightmare, yes, it must..." I said to myself, in order to try and settle down. But how is the thought of a nightmare any settling?!

A minute later and the noise was already distinguishable. Somebody was throwing rocks away whilst moaning. "Danny! Can you hear me, Danny?!"

I tried replying, but without luck. I was virtually paralyzed. Suddenly, I start seeing an unsettling light and the voice became as warm and clear as it can get.

I thought I'd have died. "I died, and I'm being taken away by my angel. There's this random voice I can't understand and it keeps telling me stuff. I wonder, am I going to Heaven or H.." [WHISPERS]

I didn't get to think that out, because I've been grabbed by the arm and suddenly felt my body pulled out by force. "What? I'm not done yet?"

[WHISPERS]

I felt a slap. It hurt. What's going on? Why can't I see anything, why can't I distinguish the sounds, but I can feel everything? What on Earth is going on?

The words started getting clearer: "Danny, for God's sake, WAKE UP ALREADY! There's no time left!"

I suddenly caught a bit of power and was able to open my eyes up. This masked man was sitting there, holding my collar and telling me to wake up.
"Oh, for crying out loud!.. I thought you were dead right there. Come on, there's no time to waste, follow me!", he said as he dropped me to my knees.

With great effort, I've managed to stand up.
"Come on already!"
My whole body was numb and I could barely distinguish the fiendish figure ahead of me. But it was calling and I knew I had to follow it. I started walking towards it, and it ran away from me. I kept chasing it, like a cat would chase a mouse, except this cat was anything but sober.
I eventually regained my senses thoroughly and could clearly distinguish a body making hand signs towards me. "Come on, before it's too late!"

I followed it down a set of stairs. At the very midst of them I've tripped and was about to fall to my possible death, considering the state I was in. Luckily, that silhouette was there to break my fall.

"I'll let you rest for a bit.. hang in there, the worst is yet to come.."

As unsettling as that was, I've avoided getting anxious. I held onto the silhouette as it carried me up to a door. The gate opened, and we've both entered. The room was spacious, yet there was not one corner which was not filled with either a chest or a table. At the far end of the room, there laid an old, beautifully designed bookcase. Each table had extraordinary devices on it, the likes of which I've never seen.. but I've had no time to wonder, either.

"Can you stand?," it asked me.
I shook my head in approval.
"Then stand on your own," it said. "If you can't do as much, you might as well consider yourself dead."

"W-what's going on," I asked.

"There is so much to explain you wouldn't believe it. Here, take this," he said, as he handed me a sword handle.
"What's it good for? Where's the blade?"

"Heh.. It's good for so many things you wouldn't imagine. For now, regard it as your main tool AND weapon," he said, as he came closer. "This is how you use it."
He then focused on it and the handle morphed as a blade took shape seemingly out of thin air. "Careful not to cut yourself."
"Whoa.. how did.."
"I'll teach you later," he abruptly interrupts my question. There's no t---"

Suddenly, a small, foul looking creature, entered the room. It looked at us as if studying us, and for not more than a fraction of a second, for the now clear silhouette of a man immediately banished it.

"Damn it. They're here. Come, we must hurry!"

I've had no time to ask anything. The man flipped a switch and the old bookcase opened.

As we stepped through, the man turned around and took out a small pocket knife.
"Tch." , he said, as he threw it at a small point on the floor. I've barely had time to distinguish it's essence: it looked like an eye.
"We don't have a lot of time before we'll be tracked down. Do you want to stay here and die like a coward, or fight for your survival?"

I looked at the man with fear and anxiety. "Very well then," he said as he turned around.
I held my blade up high and said.

"I never answered. Why are you leaving? I'm obviously not going to give up without a fight."

"Mhm. Then follow me."

as I've crossed the great..
// the rest of the page is ripped away //

Who knows where this mysterious masked man will bring our young character? And what exactly is going on? The rest of the story may very well never be told. But until the day you'll find out.. you won't be able to help but wonder.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Are big events hosted by GM's? And if so, are there active GM's all around?

Also, I keep hearing about custom classes. Are those roleplay-designed classes or actual core-scripts?

Besides that, I would finally like to add that before this I've actually written a much longer and awesome intro, but it's unfortunately been deleted as I've accidentally backspaced out of the tab and as I returned it was all gone :\ That also means my brain was practically dead when I've restarted typing this. I hope it was worth reading though.
Hey there, idvhfd, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

There are often big events hosted by GMs and other members of the server. Yes, there are many active GMs around! Our custom-classes are not so much in-game mechanics but things we play out in character. And don't worry - we all know the horror of deleting huge posts with a backspace. :(

Again, welcome!
Zhaei