Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Linux connection through Wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using peppermint linux as my OS now and I can't get the client to function with wine. It will play the cinematic videos but when it tries to get to the loading screen it just can't seem to process it. I've tried numerous ways to get it to work, but I'm starting to think that because it's not installed, wine won't run it properly.

Can somone get me back into CotH please?
Did you take a look through this link? Patch 4.3.x is supposed to run nearly bug-free on wine (the most recent test was even done on a linux OS), so if you're having trouble I don't think it's wine's fault.
I went and tried everything that I could find in that link but I still have the same bug. It's like when the game renders visually it does so in strips, and then it just stops altogether and has to be forcibly shut down.

I'd print a screen shot, but the keyboard stops working after two seconds of running the program, which leaves me having to force shut down my computer.
(09-26-2013, 12:33 AM)SoarTheSky Wrote: [ -> ]I went and tried everything that I could find in that link but I still have the same bug. It's like when the game renders visually it does so in strips, and then it just stops altogether and has to be forcibly shut down.

I'd print a screen shot, but the keyboard stops working after two seconds of running the program, which leaves me having to force shut down my computer.

Well when you describe it like that, that could potentially be a problem with your hardware (or Linux's utilization of your hardware) rather than the fault of Wine or the game. Again, 4.3.x is apparently proven to work with wine on Linux, so if you're still having trouble it suggests the problem may be elsewhere.

Unfortunately I have little experience with Linux myself, so I can only conjecture. I am sorry. :(
You realize that that test they did is very very outdated right? Just because it USED TO WORK does not mean that IT STILL DOES. Sorry if I come off as rude, but I have had everyone saying it's a problem with my hardware and it's not. I can still run crysis 3 through wine on this computer, at high lvl graphics, it is NOT my hardware. My hardware is boss.
(09-29-2013, 12:19 PM)SoarTheSky Wrote: [ -> ]You realize that that test they did is very very outdated right? Just because it USED TO WORK does not mean that IT STILL DOES. Sorry if I come off as rude, but I have had everyone saying it's a problem with my hardware and it's not. I can still run crysis 3 through wine on this computer, at high lvl graphics, it is NOT my hardware. My hardware is boss.

Perhaps try using an older version of wine, then, if you can find it? I.e. whatever version they used to run the test last October? If multiple people made it work then, and you're confident that your hardware is not an issue, then you presumably should be able to reproduce the results now under the same conditions.

It's probably not the optimal solution, but at the moment it doesn't seem like anyone's coming up with anything better.
somone mark this as solved please, I just swapped to windows