Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shadow form trinket, for warlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it all, share opinions or back it up.
Seeing Warlocks also control Shadow I wondered why they can't have shadow form then. Even in the form of a trinket.
It's a priest spell, not a warlock one, is why. Unlikely to happen.

Warriors can use daggers, should they get fan of knives?

spoiler:no
Warlocks control Arcane/Fel-based Shadow. Like a fireball, it's pure magical energy given a specific form. An icebolt and a fireball are both Arcane made to mimic the effects of something else. It's the same with Arcane-based Shadow. It's just energy.

Now, the Light is faith-based. It has nothing in common with the Arcane. The Shadow that priests wield is also faith-based, as it is rooted in a philosophy. It is not the same Shadow, and therefore the two play by different rules.
The same reason why mages don't have an "arcane form". :V
It's not a spell they possess. Moreover, the 'Shadow' utilised by a Priest is different from that of a Warlock.

I can see the value in allowing rogues to use a Shadowform tricket, provided they are approved Shadow Ascendants. Even then, it'd be canonising RPG classes. Imagination is best, really.
@Delta Unfortunately, we don't approve Shadow Ascendants anymore.

Just a pre-emptive strike against people misunderstanding.
Was worth a try..
Would be cool
It wouldn't be that cool. Plus, warlocks have metamorphoses. Why turn into some lame shadow blob whatever when you can turn into LOLWTFC00LDEMON guy
Lightslayeeerrrsssssss.

Heh, I'd say that trinket would be nice to keep the cloak of shadows (or what the name of that rogue ability was..) just for the cosmetic effect, as it usually disappears after 3 seconds or something. And people tend to take more to actually write an emote. Not -that- needed tho. /shrug
(09-25-2013, 10:02 AM)kindle135 Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn't be that cool. Plus, warlocks have metamorphoses. Why turn into some lame shadow blob whatever when you can turn into LOLWTFC00LDEMON guy

Says the fish.