Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Conquest Map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler:
[Image: Conquest%20Map%20-%20World.png]

UPDATED TO CURRENT AZEROTH MAP

This is going to be mostly a map to depict key points, cities, and eventually conflict areas that might or might not be captured within our own storyline progression.

So what makes this map more special than the regular maps you see around?
-Lore friendly. I hope to at least remove those annoying jagged parts, squeeze in places like Alterac Valley into the overworld map, add certain unmentioned parts of the map like Hasic or some other lore areas not in the game.

-It's ours! Hopefully, when we get to progressing the story and the inevitable factions or threat factions roll on, we'll see how our map progresses with factions taking over key points, forts and towns. Most maps just pinpoint Horde, Alliance then neutral factions. I hope to flesh that out to include major threat factions like Scourge, Dark Horde, The Twilights, the fledgling Troll Empire, the Trade Coalition, among others.

I'll also pinpoint custom RP locations GMs might have created. It's a good guide to base your RP in. It's basically the CoTH google map. Hope to eventually have these as a Guide, but for now its a work in progress. You're all welcome to suggest stuff, though. Especially for your own factions like Defias-controlled areas, etc. I hope however, that people don't abuse this map to suddenly storm or attack a warlock or a cult's hideout (Ahempaladinsahem)
If I can make a couple of suggestions:

Put the full-size map in a spoiler, and perhaps include just the plain link above or below said spoiler for people who want to view the map off-site. And if you can, make a thumbnail of the map and include in the post. The spoiler, most importantly, so we don't immediately stretch the page when entering the thread. :3

Otherwise, this looks great.
Done. Anyway, I also plan on adding several other buildings and stuff into settlements. It is a lore map, after all. Also, uploaded Kalimdor.

When I'm done I'll probably update the locations page in the wiki to make it easier to access as well as have decent thumbnails.
Pst, you forgot the night elf druid enclave in Twilight Grove.

Awesome work, though. Adds a further note of CotH's world being "alive".
I like this map. I just had ooooone tiny lil' question. I noticed these white Horde symbols on the map and I was wondering if that is an error or another faction who happen to have the same symbol? And this map has made me notice Azshara looked like a sideways Horde symbol
The white is likely Old Horde. The villain faction still fighting the Second War and such.
Spoiler:
[Image: Conquest%20Map%20-%20World.png]

Now with more consolidation and a bit colder.
It feels good to see TB kept up to date.

Also, nice job on the maps over all there Diethe! I'm diggin' it!