Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am a 42 year old male (f2m) from Texas. I have been role-playing in one form or another since I was 9 years old, starting with Basic Edition D&D. From the time I started gaming, the role-playing aspect has always intrigued me far more than game mechanics or hack and slash fights. I am always the one in the group that has to start up a conversation with every NPC the party encounters and make either a friend or an enemy with anyone I encounter.

I met my partner because his father was the DM for my mother's D&D group so both of our families have a long history of gaming. I have played everything from popular games like Vampire and D&D to less known ones like GURPS and Champions. I am a dog trainer by trade and I enjoy writing, drawing and birdwatching as hobbies.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA / English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My partner and I were looking for a mulitplayer game to play together back during Vanilla days.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I found you by doing a Goggle search for WoW RP personals. What draws me to the server is the idea of a place where everyone is there to roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I primarily enjoy relationship and intrigue RP. I prefer a small tight-nit group to a large crowd of fellow players, because I like in-depth interaction and plotlines. I'm not as much into paragraph-style RP because I have a healthy dose of ADHD and I like to keep things moving.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favourite race is Sin'dorei, because the themes that are prevalent in their history are ones that appeal to me - loyalty, pride, betrayal, endurance against all the odds. I like that they are in a stage of rebuilding after a devastating loss. Some see them as weak pretty eye candy, but I see them as survivors who have an immense strength, despite their flaws.

My favourite class is probably warlock, because they dance such a fine line between salvation and damnation, and only the strong and smart ultimately survive. I see mages as living by their intelligence while warlocks count as much on their willpower and cunning.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I am looking for other players who are dedicated to role-playing as their primary (if not only) purpose for playing WoW. I also would like a server that enforces a certain degree of lore - i.e., no High Elves with blue eyes wandering around Silvermoon.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rules on lore enforcement.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Section of story about my Wyrmrest Accord character Vynlenalis:

"Well, well, boys. Looks like it weren’t no cold trail after all."

My eyes snapped open at the harsh, gravelly sound of cruel laughter. Fel, how long had I been asleep this time. I tried to get a look at the sky but my view was blocked by the group of orcs standing over me. How many? Three? Four? I couldn’t tell.

“‘E’s awake, Karsh,” one of them grunted. “What say we show ‘im a bit o’ fun before we send ‘is ‘ead back to that pretty leader of ‘is on a pike.”

The largest one grinned, broken yellowed teeth grinding as he licked his lips. He reached a large, rough hand out to grab my hair, pulling my head back and exposing my throat. I blanched, terror coursing through my veins. “No time. Just slit ‘is throat and be done with it. One less pretty-boy elf to prance about.” I heard the metallic clang of a knife being pulled from a sheath.

It couldn’t end like this. It mustn’t end like this. I would not allow it. I closed my eyes as I stilled my mind and body. Prepared myself for the pain.

I spun around, away from the hand with the knife, hearing a loud pop from my ankle as I brought up my good leg. My foot landed squarely in the orc’s face as the sound of bones cracking filled the air. I was free, at least for the moment.

The other three orcs stood watching, mouths gaped open in surprise. They hadn’t been expected a fight. I knew it wouldn’t last long. Time. I needed time. I was alone and injured, and without food for two days now. I could put up a fight, but I had no real hope of defeating all of them. Think, Vyn, think, my mind screamed. My mind…

A memory played at the edges of my thoughts. My hand slamming down hard upon Theren’s chest as my emotions assaulted him. No gentle opening of our connection, no mental foreplay. Just raw lust and desire streaming from my mind into his in a twisted assault. I knew then what I had to do and it wouldn’t be fun. If I failed, I would die here on this muddy earth, or, perhaps even worse, wish that I had. But if I succeeded, there was a chance I’d rest my head on my own pillow come nightfall.

I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and I prayed for my ankle to hold out for a few more precious minutes as I sidestepped away from the beast charging at me, grabbing his arm and twisting it as I threw him to the ground. I glanced behind me. The rock face was only a few feet back. I had little room to maneuver.

The one I’d kicked, the one called Karsh, let loose a roar as he brought a bloody hand down from his face and stared at it. “Seems ‘e wants to suffer, boys, so let’s give ‘im what ‘e wants,” he growled.

Tendrils of fear ran through my mind, as dark and cold as the the corrupted land that surrounded the rubble of Yu’lon’s ruined statue. My instinct was to push them away, to deny them, but I did the opposite. I welcomed them in. For a moment I watched, strangely detached as the fear blended into the pain and rage I already felt.

I thought of my brother, tortured to death in that traitor Gerithos’ dungeon. I thought of Sandorin, my lover of a hundred years lying on the ground, his body broken by the Scourge. I pictured Theren staring up at me as he felt his unlife begin to fade. I filled my mind with every ounce of pain I’d ever known in my nearly three centuries of life. And I waited.

Karsh raised his knife again. His feet dug deep into the mud as he strode towards me and sneered. “Yer choice, elf,” he spat. “By the time we’re done with you, you’ll be begging for death.”

I looked him squarely in the eyes. “You desire me that badly, orc? Come then, and claim me. Maybe I’ll even show you a thing or two, if your horse-faced women don’t do it for you.”

He let out a cry of rage as he charged me. He was livid with anger, careless. He never saw my hand fly up as I struck his cheek with my open palm.

"You want pain? I will show you pain!" I cried. And I did just that. I felt his mind fall open before me as I sent into it every ounce of mental agony my memories had conjured up. All the sorrow, the turmoil, every ounce of fear and loss and tortured helplessness. Every spiritual demon. As I did so, I pulled out the quickly fading courage that kept this beast going on his own battlefields. The resolve that kept him marching no matter what injuries he bore. A reverse mindhealing.

I am not sure exactly what I expected, but it wasn’t what happened next. Karsh’s eyes opened wide, his pupils growing large as he went limp and fell. I watched curiously as his body began to tremble and convulse at my feet. His mind was broken and without it his body failed. I was pleased.

I stared back up at the remaining orcs. The one I’d brought to the ground was slowly rising as he watched his leader’s body shake one last time. The seconds passed like days as they looked from me to Karsh and back again. I gathered the rage I’d pulled from Karsh, allowing it to flow into my hands as they glowed a bright jade-green. Lightning crackled around them as I raised a palm up.

"Who’s next?" I sneered, looking from orc to orc. "Which of you is fast enough to subdue me before I touch you?" I kicked the empty husk at my feet, ignoring the pain in my other leg. "Do you really think your axes can hold against the fury of the Sin’dorei?"

One of them took a step forward. I screamed as I felt the lightning crackle forth from my hand. He flew back, barely keeping his footing. The other two glanced back at their wolves.

“Come on!” My mind flared out as I shouted, pushed to its limits. Hatred and anger washed across my foes. The full force of everything I hated about the Alliance, the Horde, this whole damned war. “Come on! Fall before me! Suffer for the evil you have wrought upon these lands!”

I saw the first orc flinch as he turned to run to his wolf. I knew it was over. The others soon followed, finding me not worth the risk. One wolf remained - the one that Karsh had ridden.

I approached it with the same sureness of step that its master had used, placing a hand on it and calming it. I was its master now. Then I was on its back, heading away from the rocks that had been my home for the last two days, away from the Vale and the corruption that now filled it. Away from the pain and fear. I was going home.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not at this time; I am sure I will have questions as I go!
Hello Vynlenalis. Welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give it a reply as soon as I can!

I personally enjoy RP with a smaller number of people rather than a large group - I agree with you there! And yes, the events in Blood Elf lore give them a lot of room for depth, which I can appreciate as well.

I hope you have some memorable experiences here, and that you enjoy your stay!

~Geo