Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [Introduction] CotH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a sixteen year old who was recently put into foster care, so I may move locations quite a bit, but for the most part, I live in Las Vegas. I'm unemployed, but looking for a job, and in the midst of getting my driving permit. My life is getting busier and busier each day, but I'm trying to make time for myself and meet new people by signing up to Conquest of the Horde. Also, I'm a transman and I've been out and proud for a year, now.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I saw a commercial a few years back and started up the trial version.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looking for roleplay servers on Minecraft because I've had a craving for making a new character, but there was nothing for me there, so I turned back to World of Warcraft.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I mostly participate in private roleplays in controlled settings- that way no lolrpers can work their way in and destroy the concept of a story with their overpoweredness. However, I'm willing to try public roleplay given it's in acceptable circumstances, like having the types of players mentioned previously filtered out.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elves are the race that I relate with most closely because of their intelligence and dignity. Not only that, but they, by far, have the best models of all playable races, in my opinion. My favorite class is a hunter because of their gameplay and style of handling. In fact, the first class I played on retail WoW was a hunter, but only because of the pet. Having pets myself, I understand the bond a hunter shares with their companions. Their sacrifices and loyalty to each other is what really draws me to them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't expect to see any lolrpers, godmoders, or shiny characters on this server. Not only that, but I want to be treated with the same respect as everyone else. I've gone through the same things with every game and server I've joined that knows of me being a transgender. I'm constantly ridiculed and treated like less of a player because of it, but I'm proud to share my accomplishments and my progress with transitioning, which is why I share that information.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely the 'Respect' rule of the CotH wiki. It's hard to find respect for people like me, and I've heard every excuse in the book as to why they can't manage to find it in themselves to treat me like a human being. Because I'm proud of who I am does not mean I should be punished.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I'll be writing a WoW-themed bedtime story.))

There was once a simple goblin miner named Xyxyl. Every day he worked and worked, picking at the walls inside of a deep, dark cave until his bones were sore. After years of working, Xyxyl noticed something different at the end of the mine. Curiously, he wandered closer and closer to this new ore. It carried an alluring scent, so he took a taste. As odd as it would seem, the rock tasted like a beverage. Xyxyl started mining this ore, then broke it down, turning it into the drink he'd envisioned.

However, there were some odd side-effects to this drink. It made his brain work more efficiently. With this newly gained knowledge he was acquiring, he was able to bring down an entire empire and make a wealthy goblin out of himself, but the days soon came to an end. As he consumed more and more of the ore's delights, he not only became smart, but crazy as well. His ideas were getting wilder and wilder, ranging from mechanical pets to explosive rockets. None of it mattered, though, as long as he was making his precious gold.

One day, Xyxyl had a pending proposition in place for him asking for all his gold. The ones asking had told him he would get twice the gold he'd put in, and because of the drink he'd concocted, he was insane enough to do it. Within a matter of hours, he'd lost all his wealth as greed overtook him. He ended up back in the mines working as a slave while his genius cascaded into nothing.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, thank you.
Hello, 99problems, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I'm glad to see that you're out and proud about being trans! Here on CotH, we expect everyone to hold a level of respect for one another, and this includes respect for those who consider themselves L.G.B.T. (a category that I myself fall into), so if you ever get any harassment over being trans, be sure to tell someone on the team about it (and I'd certainly hope you never will).

Also, I like Goblins and I like fables, so I enjoyed reading your story!

If you have 99problems, I hope finding enjoyable experiences here won't be one! Enjoy your stay!
We're a very open community to all walks of life, you'll find! If you do find any problems with being open about yourself on this server we also have a 'no-tolerance' rule when it comes to harassing someone for who they are. They do it once and they're more than likely gone.

Quote:We intend to keep this server as friendly and open-minded as possible. For that reason, do not harass other players, and refrain from making comments or jokes that are, or might be seen as, derogatory to a particular race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion. This is not acceptable in ANY OOC channel.

Any racist, sexist, or other derogatory OOC chat will lead to disciplinary action, which can include banning. There will be no warnings issued.

Welcome to the server!
(10-13-2013, 10:16 AM)99problems Wrote: [ -> ]What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Not only that, but they, by far, have the best models of all playable races, in my opinion.

We are meant for each other.
(10-14-2013, 05:43 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2013, 10:16 AM)99problems Wrote: [ -> ]What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Not only that, but they, by far, have the best models of all playable races, in my opinion.

FINALLY someone understands me.
(10-14-2013, 07:18 PM)99problems Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2013, 05:43 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: [ -> ]

FINALLY someone understands me.

…I agree wholeheartedly with this!