Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Message in a Bottle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: z9.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: cske.png]

Event 1: Freedom

Spoiler:
[Image: 5xtr.gif]

Your hero comes across a bottle out of a miscellany of locations--washed ashore on a beach, planted in your mailbox, delivered to your door, you decide. You don't know who "A" is, and you don't know why this is left here. One can assume A is desperate for a hero.
  • Your mission is straightforward: Come to Faldir's Cove, dispatch a falcon trained to fly with a distress signal at the first sight of danger, and take down a crime group awaiting for a ship carrying slaves. You have only one hour to get rid of the gang at the cove before the ship arrives.

Because of the time limit, this mission is open to fail as well as succeed. The results of this mission will determine the direction of the story.

WHO: All races and factions are welcome. Combat efficient characters are recommended. Try to choose a character who is willing to stick with the story and travel.

WHAT: This is a combat event with a time limit: 1 IC hour (10 RWs to signify 6 IC minutes each) to dispatch the gang on land. If successful, the ship battle can take as long as the event needs to. Only the land-based gang fight has a time limit.

OBJECTIVES:
    • 1.) Get rid of the Troll Huntress' Falcon within the 10/10 RW limit.
      2.) Dispatch the 15 Red Glove gang at the shore within the 10/10 RW limit.
      3.) Put on the clothing and gloves before the 10/10 RW limit is over.
      4.) Fight the Red Glove ship crew and free the slaves (no RW limit)

WHERE: Faldir's Cove, southwest shore at Arathi Basin. Players will be summoned and phased.

WHEN: Friday, October 25, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Server. The first 15 minutes will be spent on rules and questions/answers. Pre-event RP can be made available around 6:30 PM.

MISSION SUCCESS. Thank you heroes Balverine, Bormus, Hrodebert, Norell, and Nurmahska for the rescue. The Gloves at Faldir's Cove were successfully defeated, and the slaves were released. One escaped prisoner, Vitti Lightforge, has provided the above tip from "A" on the next mission.

Event 2: Blockage

Your hero is either among those at Faldir's Cove or a newcomer with a similar letter sent to you via a bottle, letter, or what have you. Once more, you don't know who "A" is. However, with the prisoners at Faldir's Cove released, you know that the red glove wearing criminals are becoming less powerful.
  • Your mission is this: Come to the road north of Gadgetzan and near the Thousand Needles bank to find the Gloves hiding out. You have only one hour (10 RWs) to get rid of the Gloves at the bank before the ferry containing a caravan with goods arrives.

Because of the time limit, this mission is open to fail as well as succeed. The results of this mission will determine the direction of the story.

WHO: All races and factions are welcome. Combat efficient characters are recommended. Try to choose a character who is willing to stick with the story and travel.

WHAT: This is a combat event with a time limit: 1 IC hour (10 RWs to signify 6 IC minutes each) to take out the Gloves at the bank. You need to prevent them from stealing from a caravan and not let anyone escape.

OBJECTIVES:
    • 1.) Defeat 15 Red Glove members waiting behind the rocks
      2.) Keep the Gloves off the ferry and caravan
      3.) Prevent any Gloves from escape

WHERE: The border of Thousand Needles and Tanaris, north of Gadgetzan. Players will be summoned and phased.

WHEN: Friday, November 8, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Server. The first 15 minutes will be spent on rules and questions/answers. Pre-event RP can be made available around 6:30 PM.

Event 3: Prevention

Event 4: Release

Event 5: Savior

Event 6: Overthrow

Event 7: ???

Spoiler:
[Image: redglove.gif]
*signs up so fast his pen breaks.*
Aaaannnd The Red Glove is back. Time to get crackin again.
An added note to the objectives:

The timers placed onto these events are there for two reasons: 1.) To prevent the events from lagging on for too long, and 2.) To raise the stakes and give out penalties for not meeting the objective on time.

That said, I am fully aware of players with poor computer performances and slow typing skills. If you are a player with a tendency to lag/freeze up, please let me know. If you are a slow typist, give me your general WPM. I will allow leniency and add minutes to the timer if players cannot catch up and don't want to be penalized due to OOC factors. If the timer turns out to be a bigger issue than what it's worth, then I will use RW rounds.

However, Event 6 -still- will rely on an OOC timer because it is a free-moving event where I will not follow you around. If emote/computer issues still prevail on certain players, please give me a heads up so I can add minutes.

Go ahead and give me your notes/suggestions below.
Tomorrow night is the big night. The rules have been adjusted to make the IC time pass by RWs so slow typers/AFKers won't feel pressured to stay within the time limit. However, the RWs are still restricted in number and the events still include multiple objectives to fulfill within that RW number limit.

REMEMBER: There are penalties for not fulfilling the objective in time. Do not feel afraid of a Bad End in an event, however, as there are future events where Good Ends are available still.
Event in an hour and 40 minutes!
MISSION SUCCESS! The next mission letter is at the top of the main post, plus details on the next event.
Tonight's event will still be going!
Something's come up. The event will be delayed by about 30 minutes. Otherwise, you can go ahead to Gadgetzan and begin pre-event RP! Rules explanation and event start will be around 7:30 tonight. Be there!
Mission's a success! An update will be provided soon, plus some rule adjustments. The next few events will have the stakes raised. Details will come in due time.

As I'm currently caught up with school projects, the next event will be not be set until I find an opening. Stay tuned!
Oh. I missed it. Oh well~
Event 2 has been completed. An update will be provided sometime tonight. Event 3 is in the works!