Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jake110112
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi. I'm an experienced role player but never role played anything medieval/Warcraft-like. I started playing a game called Habbo Hotel and eventually made it into their RPG-themed section of the game and stumbled into Mafia-esque roleplay that lasted for about two years. After that when that roleplay sort of died, I joined a game called Los Santos Role Play, based off from Grand Theft Auto: SA client and played there for a year until I got banned and then played while ban evading (phooey; I totally regret and I'm currently waiting for game probation). I started playing WoW private servers again and just decided to try out WoW roleplay because it has ALWAYS interested me. I'm very optimistic and ope-minded.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: USA. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: My uncle let me play his 60 Warlock in like 2006 when I was about 6/7. :D Got me Warcraft III Battle Chest for one of my birthdays, been playing WoW since like 2010. Quit after a year and recently started played private servers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I googled.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: Not sure yet! Very open. The thing is I've never roleplayed in a medieval scene before.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Human, Paladin / Priest / Warrior. Just a personal preference. The Light fascinates me. I love fighting undead and that. :D

What are your expectations of this server?: It's gonna blow me back. :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Out of all the rules, I enjoy the no god-modding portion. I don't like it when roleplayers force you into situations you don't want to get into, and it just entails trouble!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Philip Redford sauntered down the trail from Dun Algaz to the Wetlands region of Khaz Modan warily. He watched his footing cautiously and kept a protective gaze over the landscape. He thought to himself of the fact there were savage orcish raiders within these foothills, and he wasn't going to be ambushed by any sort. Nearing the bottom and curve in the pass, he heard a brutish screech to his right and gazed up.
"Lok'tar ogar!"
Philip spotted one unusually large orc warrior bearing tattoos of the Dragonmaw Clan. He was backed by two more normal sized warriors bearing the same affiliations. He hastily seized Kladus, a Dwarven warhammer made specifically for his robust demision, from over his shoulder and side-stepped both of the lesser orcs as they stumbled down the hill. The reddish-green brute was making his down steadily and controlled, and Philip chanted a prayer under his breath. Spontaneously, a wavering mystical hammer dawned upon the brute, knocking him over the head and making him slide down the hill. Philip turned his attention to the two orc combatants, engaging in a series of melee strikes, efficiently disarming their weapons and striking their heads. Taking a breath, he assessed the situation before proceeding down the path.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Nothing at the moment!
Hello, Jake110112! Welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

As for being new to RPing in the warcraft setting, you'll find that there will be many opportunities to learn more on this server, as there's plenty of diversity. With the technology of Gnomes and Goblins to the magic of Blood Elves and Draenei, it's far from medieval. If you're very open, I'm sure you'll find that there's a lot that the setting can offer. And if you're having trouble with researching lore, we have a lot of information in the articles and guides section, beyond just help for creating your character.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo