Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Whazzdakka Da 3rd Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Overall I can say I am a very outgoing person. I love to Roleplay with just about anyone. What I enjoy most about Rp is all of the stories that can come from it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Whenever I was real young I watched my older brother play Reign of Chaos. I loved the characters and the design of everything.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My good friend Eirianedryd showed me your website. The fact that your Roleplay driven was enough to grab hold of me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
For the most part, I love standard text based roleplay. I work really well one on one, but I can definitely enjoy a few people roleplaying at once.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Pandaren and Mage

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have fun in a community of people who love to Roleplay as much as I do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
You all look for better spelling and grammar in your participating players.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up? If so, say so here:
No thank you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
-This was a fan fiction for League of Legends I wrote months ago about the champion named Thresh.-

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9516780/2/A-...-the-other

Thresh entered his room and took a seat on the bed, taking note of the sunlight that crept in through the tiny cracks in the wall. Looking at the floor around him, he found his lantern and sat it in front of him. The souls of many floated within, all in pain. He knew every one of them well. They were his sustenance, they were his priority above all else. Without the souls of the living, he would cease to exist.

He opened the top half of the lantern and reached in with his bony claw; grabbing one soul in particular. He smiled as he raised it up to his face, looking into the memories of the damned victim. It was one of the inmates that aided in the death of the Chain Warden. Thresh smiled at the soul.

"My…how things have taken a turn for you."

Thresh remembered the hunt for this one so long ago. The look of dismay on the man's face during his final moments made Thresh smile. The location of the kill was a sewer of some forgotten city centuries ago. He fell into reminiscence...

Thresh loomed through the dank darkness of the sewer, seeking his target. The fool had been running from him for days, but the Warden would not cease his hunt until he retrieved what was rightfully his. His chains scraped along the floor as he closed in on the final resting place of his next victim. A malicious grin formed along the Warden's face as he neared him. It was a one way tunnel closed off by a large grate. Thresh could see the coward at the end, cowering in a corner. There was no light except for the glow of Thresh's body. He slid his large hook along the wall and began to chant.

"Cling Clang, go the chains, someones out to find you..."

He progressed down the hall, grinning as he does so.

"Cling Clang, go the chains, the Wardens right behind you..."

He was close enough to hear the heavy breathing of his target. It only made him smile even more. The man would yelp in fear with every scrape of the hook along the wall. Thresh's terrifying figure came closer and closer to him.

"Cling clang, oh the chains, the last sound that you'll hear..."

He stopped and looked upon the cowering fool, only before flinging his chained hook at him. The man cried out in terror-

Thresh was knocked from his memories by a pounding at his door. Angrily, he put the soul away and closed his lantern. He placed it in its original position and stood. The pounding on his door persisted, this angered him greatly. Thresh had a very limited patience. He quickly strode to the door and opened it only to find himself looking up at the wild-haired and purple skinned champion Mundo.

Thresh was almost completely baffled by the visitor. He quickly made the assumption that he was there to have something done to his cleaver. The warden also remembered the insufferable speech patterns Mundo used.

"Mundo was told you good at weapon fixing!" followed by a loud slurp.

Thresh cringed and covered his face from the spit that followed Mundo's words. There was a pause.

"Yes. I am skilled in metal working. What do you want?" trying little to hold back his disdain.

Mundo slammed his cleaver into the ground carelessly at Thresh's feet.

"Mundo want that fixed so I can chop good! Mundo have gold!"

Thresh looked at the weapon and took full notice of its poor condition. It was dull, bent, and the handle looked as though it would fall off at any second. He finished examining it and looked back up at Mundo.

"How much will you be offering?"

"Uhh."

Mundo began to search his pockets and pulled out a tiny pouch. Thresh raised an eyebrow at it before Mundo began to untie its binding. He emptied it into his large, purple hand. A small stone fell out, glowing an eerie red. Thresh took an immediate interest in it, seeing how it was a soul stone.

"Mundo was also told you like these shiny rocks!" another slurp.

Thresh continued to wonder who was telling everyone about him. Although it was no secret he required souls.

"Yes...that will be sufficient payment."

The Warden quickly grabbed the stone from the large hand of the doctor. Examining it closely and determining the owner of the soul encased in the stone. But Mundo interrupted him again.

"OH! Mundo also was told to give you this!" he said as he withdrew an envelope from another pocket.

Thresh took the envelope with his free hand, while still examining the stone. Mundo began to stomp away, obviously having nothing else for Thresh. He retrieved the cleaver and carefully brought inside. He sat the envelope on his table with the cleaver and retreated to his bedroom with the stone in hand.

He stared at the soul stone, and then began to focus on it. He saw nothing, as if something was preventing him. There were no sounds or memories, only black nothing. Thresh looked at it inquisitively. Perhaps this could be a new challenge for him. He enjoyed snapping the minds of others; perhaps a puzzle could present itself a similar process.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
None
Hello, WhazzdakkaDa3rd, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I enjoyed the story - it shows that you have a keen eye for writing some good inner conflict.

As for Pandaren and Mages, why are they your favorite race and class?

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
(11-14-2013, 10:39 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, WhazzdakkaDa3rd, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I enjoyed the story - it shows that you have a keen eye for writing some good inner conflict.

As for Pandaren and Mages, why are they your favorite race and class?

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

Thank you very much! Pandaren are pretty much the Race for me. Very friendly to anyone, mostly kind hearted. As for mages, I have always been fascinated by the idea of magic in general.
Magic in general is a good thing to be fascinated by - there's plenty of room to explore it in RP!

As for Pandaren, we can't play them yet, but maybe one day we will! We can play Tauren and Draenei, however, and they're pretty friendly too!
Hah, I'm actually making my first character a Draenei!
@Bovel
Oy oy!
Self-appointed, unofficial draenei loremaster of the realm reporting for duty.
And I'm the technically official loremaster.

'Cos I'm a FH :|

THE STUDENT HAS BECOME THE MASTER BOVEL
Jadros is a delightful draenei. He actually reminded me of my early days in CotH--thus why I just had to get Kapre, whom I felt Jadros was a bit similar to.

We just launched the Mentor Program, for newcomers so they can become accustomed to the server and understand how it works (which I recommend even if you are an experienced RPer) as well as cover areas of lore or RP concepts unfamiliar to the player. I do encourage you take advantage of it so we can introduce you to our circles of RP :)
It would be good to have some help with Lore, I kind of choked up a bit during that riot last night. lol