Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MMay's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

-I've played since the ending of vanilla, keeping at the private servers for quite a while before at the ending of TBC I finally purchased retail WoW. I've roleplayed for, as long as I can remember, about five years. I think of myself as a rather experienced roleplayer of many races, styles and factions. Whenever I began roleplaying a character with a history including something I'm not 100% certain about I go and google it, making sure I don't RP something that wouldn't fit the lore.
What comes to OOC, I'm highly experienced in raid healing with each healable classes. However I didn't start raiding before Cataclysm. I've also tanked quite alot of raids but only as a Druid. (I don't think tanking below the highest possible level is relevant so I'll forget about listing the other classes I've tanked as.)
I've also some PvP healing experience as a arena Shaman, Monk, Paladin and Priest.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

-I'm from finland, and my primary language is finnish. I'm aware that I do alot of mistakes typing, but mostly my outcome is understandable and does not affect the RP experience of other players.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

-A friend got me hooked back in vanilla.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

-I was simply looking for a RP private server using google and came across your site. I quit playing retail about half a year ago for I no longer enjoy where Blizzard is taking the game.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

-Several types. One of my fav characters ever was my young, shy and naive reporter girl who I roleplayed into becoming a mage apprentice, ending up joining the Alliance forces. It might not be related but I actually am also writing a story about her. I might just list some of the main characters I've had.
Darlena: Chaotic-good Warlock, appears cold and perhaps even threatening to most but is infact serving the Alliance. Hails from Gilneas (not infected.)
Levictius: Mage-instructor and a archmage, highly educated and strict, but also very warm, loving person. Hails from Dalaran.
Thalarwood: Dare devil, trigger happy engineer, always in trouble but never caused a deadly situation. (I like to keep my aggressive characters fun.) Hails from STV.
Woosia: The reporter I already wrote about.
Lucene: Highly polite, old-fashioned young woman, ended up becoming a "line-soldier" like battle-healer.

There, the characters closest to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hum. Well for RP, I can't pick one since I don't always play the character being of any class exactly. For example I may be a citizen with no special skills.
For other things like PvE and PvP I enjoy all the classes, altho I'm not very fond of playing DPS only, my main specs/chars are always either tanks or healers.

What are your expectations of this server?:

-I'm looking for a mature and active roleplay server with a large or continously growing player base.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

-Most of the rules seem rather similiar to the ones of retail WoW, with the exceptation that also rules for RP are listed. Due my years of RP experience, none of those specifically catch my eye. One thing I may have understood wrong, since it appears that NPC kills are allowed. Where I "come from" claimed NPC kills are ignored and the player is considered unprofessional as a roleplayer.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here:

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Bellamore was exhausted, hungry and soaked due the rain that seemed to last forever. Only thing positive she might think of was that the rain washed off all the blood spilled in this very city, no longer and half an hour ago. Soldiers, healers, even some of the common people all around her trying to remain strong for just a little longer, so that the majorly injured could be taken to a safe place, under the roof of either the City Keep or the Command Center. All the screams around her, all the suffering... And she could still only hear her own thoughts as if none of this was really happening:
Cendril... My Lion... Where are you...?

She startled a little as the walkie attached to her belt buzzled: "This is Amarae. All units report back to SI:7 asap. Forget about the rest, only make sure no Stormguard was injured. AND MAKE HASTE!"

Bellamore took one last gaze around her before she would head to SI:7, the streets already nearly purified of blood. But she could not see her love.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing so far.
Hello, MischelleMay, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

You sound like somebody who takes RPing seriously, as being able to do research on the lore is an important part of RPing in the setting. I think you'll fit into the server very well.

As for the mentor program, I take it that since you left that blank you don't want to join? I'd still recommend it, as it will help you make connections with the other players in the community rather than having to dive right in.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Ohai!

My apologies, appears I missed the mentor program part. :S
It does sound interesting. But I don't currently feel the need for a mentor. I might of course be wrong, so is it possible to sign just-in-case, or sign up later on if/when it seems I do need the aid afterall?
(11-24-2013, 05:16 PM)MischelleMay Wrote: [ -> ]Ohai!

My apologies, appears I missed the mentor program part. :S
It does sound interesting. But I don't currently feel the need for a mentor. I might of course be wrong, so is it possible to sign just-in-case, or sign up later on if/when it seems I do need the aid afterall?

Yes! Just send a private message to me or any other Forum Helper, GM, or Overseer if you want to sign up, and we'll get you signed up.
Wilco!

Thank you very much. :)