Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Norgannon's Node of Knowledge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: bXySz23.gif]
[Image: fineheresyourtextbutyouhavetocallmenow_zps7731aa9f.png]

WARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGWARNINGSOMETHINGVERYBADHASHAPPENEDHERE
➤STATUS REPORT
➤YOU HAVE BEEN SLEEPING FOR:
➤▶140,102 YEARS
➤SYSTEM CHECK:
➤SYSTEM CHECK SYSTEM DAMAGED. CANNOT CHECK.
➤RETRIEVING PRIME DIRECTIVE. . . . . .
➤DIRECTIVE: "COLLECT INFORMATION ON..."
➤1} OLD GODS
➤2} BURNING LEGION
➤3} TRIVIALITIES
➤OPTION 3 SELECTED. RUNNING INFO-MINER-120
➤PLEASE STAND BY, COLLATING INFORMATION...
➤HAVE A NICE DAY ☺

1.0] The World of Azeroth

1.1] Culture
Spoiler:
Orcish
              Linguistics
              The use of "Mok" before a second name translates to "descendant of" in Common. e.g. "Roen Mok-Reka'gol" (Roen, descendant of Night-axe)
                            Additionally, different tones will produce different effects - from 'son of' through to distant heritage.

1.2] Creatures
Spoiler:
Humanoid
              Gnoll
                            Riverpaw
                            The Riverpaw tribe of Gnolls are believed to have migrated from the Redridge Mountains long ago.
                            They control vast tracts of Westfall, looking to outnumber the Humans there unless they can be dealt with.

1.3] Groups
Spoiler:
Alliance
              Kal'dorei
              Up until roughly one thousand years, the Kaldorei had outposts in foreign lands, such as Feralas, Duskwood and Crystalsong Forest, to observer the local Troll populations.
              Thornsong Coven
              A group of followers of the Gilnean Old Ways, practicing ancient rituals and aiding the Alliance however they can.
Other
              Highborne
              The Highborne once had an empire stretching from Crystalsong Forest in modern day Northrend, to Duskwood, to Feralas.
1.4] Geography
Spoiler:
Kalimdor
              Winterspring
              Winterspring borders the Great Sea, with steep cliffed coasts challenging Mt. Hyjal in height.
              Stonetalon Mountains
              The mountains of Stonetalon are actually great amounts of earth and cliff driven up by the force of the Sundering.
              Azshara
              Azshara has been placed in a state of eternal autumn, due to the high frequency at which Arcane used to be used in the area.
Eastern Kingdoms
              Eversong Forest
              Due to the High (and now Blood) Elves' use of constant arcane, the northern Eversong Forests are constantly autumnal.
Northrend
              Crystalsong Forest
              During a battle between Blue and Black Dragons, huge amounts of arcane were used, turning much of the region into crystals.

Cities
              Stormwind
              Primarily populated with Humans, who vary wildly in occupation and class.
                            Night Elves, Humans and High Elves occupy much of the privileged class.
                            Gilneans, Dwarves and, to a lesser extent, Gnomes make up the working class.

1.5] Phenomena
Spoiler:
Arcane
              Addiction
                            Withdrawal
                            Arcane withdrawal can have many symptoms, including irritability and lowered willpower.
Sundering
              Effects
                            Kalimdor
                            Many regions in Kalimdor were caused directly by the Sundering, including the Stonetalon Mountains.
                            Ocean
                            The water in the world became infused with Arcane that had left the imploding Well of Eternity following the Sundering.
2.0] The World of Draenor

«[OOC]»
Spoiler:
This thread is a little idea I've been bouncing off in my head for quite a while, which I've finally come around and made! It's, for lack of a better word, a compendium of trivial user-lore - things that are not explicitly stated by Blizzard, but have been thought of by players, which still fit with Blizzard's stuff. This is mostly here to bring flavor to the woefully undetailed 'little things' in the universe. We just don't know how a lot of things work, things that Blizzard are probably never going to fill in, and these things are so small that they're likely not going to ever be a point of conflict - so why not write some stuff for ourselves? Essentially, it's a universe-expansion project fueled by conjecture and the little off-the-cuff stuff we make up during RPs.
IT'S COLLABORATIVE! YOU'RE ENCOURAGED TO POST EXAMPLES! POST THEM NOW!
Now looking for entries! These aren't stringent criteria, instead a couple of tidbits to help you understand the nature of what I'm looking for.
  • They should be one sentence (or particularly short if more than one sentence)
  • They should be about something in the WoW universe that isn't well-detailed - Murlocs, Kobolds, Peacebloom flowers, Night Elf architecture - literally anything that crosses your mind!
  • They should fit with Blizzard's lore! This should be easy, as most of these things are utterly ignored by the lore.
I have a few ideas for this. If you go back to further postings in this sub-forum, you'll find some rantings about the highborne from me. I'll handle these tonight!
Added the Thornsong Coven as the first group! Whee!
I'll just go ahead and make TL;DR's of my big three lore posts. Hopefully at least one is good enough.
  • The Highborne once had an empire stretching from Crystalsong Forest in modern day Northrend, to Duskwood, to Feralas.
  • Up until roughly one thousand years, the Kaldorei had outposts in foreign lands, such as Feralas, Duskwood and Crystalsong Forest. These were to keep eyes on the local Troll populations.
  • In the Sundering, and the time that came afterwards, the water in the world became infused with Arcane that had left the imploding Well of Eternity.
The notes have been added! Thanks!
I'll go ahead and toss into a few more dealing with how Arcane affects the lands more! This is all going in with a post I'm planning, of how various types of magic affects the land around them.
  • Arcane, when frequently used in lands, corrupts the land. Smaller corruption yields a constant, or prolonged Autumnal season, like Azshara or Eversong Forest, while larger corruption turns the surrounding areas into crystals, such as seen in Crystalsong Forest.

Azshara, named after the former Highborne Queen, has been placed in a state of eternal autumn due to the high frequency at which Arcane used to be used in the area.

Crystalsong Forest was once the site of a mighty battle between Blue and Black Dragons. The Blue Dragons used a high amount of Arcane, lightly corrupting the western half and heavily corrupting the eastern half, turning the latter into Crystals.

Eversong Forest has long been the home of the High, and now Blood, Elves. Both races were and are heavily based in Arcane, leading to the northern part of the Forest being rather autumnal.
Also added! Thanks a ton! C:
Mmm. I noticed that you put them (Crystalsong, Eversong and Azshara) under effects of the Sundering. Wouldn't they be more appropriate within the Geography section?
(12-10-2013, 05:49 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm. I noticed that you put them (Crystalsong, Eversong and Azshara) under effects of the Sundering. Wouldn't they be more appropriate within the Geography section?

Yeah, had considered that but didn't go through with it. I'll move them, since it does make more sense.

EDIT: Pretty sure that's properly hierarchic, now!

EDIT: Added Stonetalon Mountains to both geography and phenomena.

EDIT: Added some simple demographics for Stormwind.